PDA

View Full Version : FEO Honda Oil Vs Other Brands Oils

vtec_king
27-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Hi Guys, As u can c my title my question is what is da different in FEO Honda Oil with all thoses other brands oil out there ? i heard other people uses other brands oil besides FEO honda.

aaronng
27-05-2007, 01:38 AM
FEO is mineral. It is very good for a mineral oil when compared to other mineral oils like Castrol GTX3, which tends to gum up.

SLOWEGG
27-05-2007, 02:05 AM
Theres alot of oil threads lately..

Drew
27-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Personally only synthetic oils touch my motors...

Either Pennzoil or Fuchs

vtec_king
31-05-2007, 01:40 AM
thx for all your comments guys ! close tread please.

MRH-22A
31-05-2007, 03:39 PM
elf any good?

destrukshn
31-05-2007, 03:41 PM
elf is good.
i use it myself.

Drew
31-05-2007, 07:56 PM
I've used ELF before, good stuff but can be hard to get at times

DreadAngel
31-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Want the best? Get Top Secret... All you need is the necessary $$$

More serious though, Honda Engine Oil is good stuff, recommended by Honda and Spoon (See BMI, been mentioned on OH before) so it must be doing something right :D

[ricer]
31-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Want the best? Get Top Secret... All you need is the necessary $$$

More serious though, Honda Engine Oil is good stuff, recommended by Honda and Spoon (See BMI, been mentioned on OH before) so it must be doing something right :D

i keep reading that the honda oil we buy in australia and the one in japan/spoon uses is different

i use elf 10w30 now.. still mineral but its the same price as honda oil so cant complain

civic_mods
01-06-2007, 02:38 PM
tried feo-Motul-royal purple. IMHO, if u r jus doing street driving n changed regularly. couldn't really feel any difference

krogoth
02-06-2007, 01:33 AM
even with the best/most suitable oil for ur engine, the difference in feel/performance will not be very noticable at all

the point of a good oil is to make sure ur engine doesnt over heat...

to make sure everything is well oiled and running smoothly with the right amount of friction at very high rpms

its to make sure the engine doesnt get damaged and is properly lubricated for prolonged race applications

also a good/high quality oil is temperature shock resistant....ie no freezing...oil can go from sittting all nite in ur engine in the cold straight into operating temperature wile maintaining its viscosity properties

also a high quality engine oil will definetley prolong the life of ur car..

that is wat seperates a shit oil from a good one