PDA

View Full Version : How to remove the door speakers?

king9
27-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Does anyone have, any idea how to remove the stock speakers from the doors?.. it looks likes its welded in or something...

thanks

BraXta
27-05-2007, 10:24 PM
i dont think its welded i think its more stuck on with a special tape... the white plastic part looks like its clipped in the silver part and stuck on

hmmm but the top part is the part that looks like a weld but i would think that is stupid to weld speakers to a door

euro77
27-05-2007, 11:18 PM
you might get better answer at audio/video forum. fhrx should be able to answer.

EuroAccord13
28-05-2007, 06:00 AM
They are held on by clips, you pull the speakers out slightly to remove the clip on the top and then lift it out from the lower clips....

tron07
29-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Your Euro is std or lux?

king9
29-05-2007, 03:49 PM
06 Lux, and I'm installing Alpine Type-R Splits

drezy
29-05-2007, 06:05 PM
check out this link yo http://www.chrishorne.com/gallery/TSXspeakers

tron07
30-05-2007, 08:59 AM
We did a test before, and the std euro sounds better then the lux.... porbably the CD changer more powerful for the std.

Takenit2easy
30-05-2007, 10:01 AM
check out this link yo http://www.chrishorne.com/gallery/TSXspeakers

Great link

helped me a million too

euro77
30-05-2007, 09:15 PM
We did a test before, and the std euro sounds better then the lux.... porbably the CD changer more powerful for the std.

Isn't the audio system exactly the same between the 2 model.

aday
30-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Isn't the audio system exactly the same between the 2 model.

I'm sure it is identical. I'd put any difference in sound down to the relative merits of cloth versus leather trim. The leather is a harder surface and is more likely to cause a diffraction of the sound waves - and hence a single sound will reach your ear via different waves at slightly different times. This may create an echo or hollow sound effect. The cloth trim is more likely to absorb the "rogue" waves. ;)

tony1234
31-05-2007, 07:26 AM
No i think he means that the sound system sounds better in the std.and lux models without sat nav than the models with sat nav.I've listened to both(and was told by dealer)there is a difference!!!

tron07
31-05-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm sure it is identical. I'd put any difference in sound down to the relative merits of cloth versus leather trim. The leather is a harder surface and is more likely to cause a diffraction of the sound waves - and hence a single sound will reach your ear via different waves at slightly different times. This may create an echo or hollow sound effect. The cloth trim is more likely to absorb the "rogue" waves. ;)

Trust me on this... these small items wouldnt make such a huge difference... I am crazy on car audio, just havent started scracthing my itch on the euro yet....

aday
31-05-2007, 09:42 AM
No i think he means that the sound system sounds better in the std.and lux models without sat nav than the models with sat nav.I've listened to both(and was told by dealer)there is a difference!!!

The interface to the radio is certainly different for the sat-nav model, and I've read others suggest that the plugs on the back are different too. But the OP did explicitly state that the standard sounded better than the luxury model, with no mention of sat-nav.

aday
31-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Trust me on this... these small items wouldnt make such a huge difference... I am crazy on car audio, just havent started scracthing my itch on the euro yet....

I've heard some pretty huge differences between cars with identical audio but different trim. My parents drive GenV Volkswagen Golfs, one with leather and the other without. The stereos are identical, but the overall sound quality is miles ahead in the car with cloth trim. It makes a substantial difference!

However, can someone with access to the workshop manual or a Euro parts database comment either way on whether the head unit and speakers are identical between models? Everything I've read up till this point - other than subjective opinions - has suggested they are.

Fhrx
04-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Yeah many Honda's are now using those speaker mounts. You simply put something down between the top of the speaker and the door and push in a large chrome tab. Then once the top has come out you simply pull the speakers upwards and the bottom tabs will come out. :)