PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info about - 91 Honda Accord

Mike Star
27-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi all, I just looked at a July 91 (built date) Accord for my daughter as a 1st car. It has 210,000ks and is $3600 neg with 12 months rego. The car is white and it has been professionally lowered and fitted with some nice 17" alloy wheels.
Do any of you know if there are particular things I should look out for on this series Accord. It drove well and made no disturbing noises from the motor and there was no oil smoke. It has been serviced regularly by Ultra Tune. the owner says the Timing Chain has been replaced at the 200,000 ks service and a Crank Case seal was also done.There was a whine from the auto trans but it shifted up and down quite well.
Any advice or info you could provide would be much appreciated.

Joeyboy
27-05-2007, 09:28 PM
looks like u got all bases covered there. the most important service would have been the replacement of the timing belt. the CB7s (early 90s accord) are quite reliable cars. and for a car that's almost 16years old, 210,000kms is pretty good mileage (considering i got my 95 accord which had 209,000). so the previous owner(s) of your accord were only doing an average of 14,000/yr. that's not bad :thumbsup:

anyway, things i would replace for a car that old (considering it hasnt been done in the last year or 2):

1. replacement of fuel filter
2. radiator flush
3. tranny fluid flush

check for any grease in the rims area - making sure that there are no tear in the CV boot(s). or just watch out for any other leaks (power steering, brake fluid, coolant from reservoir). What about the colour of the coolant fluid? make sure its not orange or dirty coz there might be rust. Do you know when it was serviced that oil and oil filter have been changed every 5,000kms?

hope that helps :D

hotout
01-06-2007, 08:20 PM
- apart from the timing belt,
- look out for radiator cracks on the top (they are made of plastic)
- distributor cap (can be expensive)
- deteriorating coolant hoses
- engine mounts, particularly the rear (if putting into Reverse causes a lot more vibration then needs to be replaced)
- VSS (vehicle speed sensor) if broken will mean speedo doesn't work
:p