PDA

View Full Version : KYB shock advice

Bogstock
27-05-2007, 11:42 PM
KYB shocks for a DA9. Can anybody recommend them or any other brands. How do they stack up against Showa (Honda factory shocks). The car is standard ride height.

EKVTIR-T
27-05-2007, 11:48 PM
From what i've read they're fine at stock ride height but not recommended lowered.

LO_N_SXC
28-05-2007, 09:23 AM
If you're planning on lowering the car but don't want to blow your dough on Coilovers I would recommend either Koni Yellow with damp and rebound adjustment or Tokiko Illumina with damping adjustments which is what I had in my old DA9 which was lowered about 4" from stock all round.

STOCK
28-05-2007, 09:29 AM
KYB = JDM made in japan = OEM quality. You cant go wrong with these if your at stock ride height.

LO_N_SXC
29-05-2007, 09:03 AM
KYB = JDM made in japan = OEM quality. You cant go wrong with these if your at stock ride height.

^^^^ just remembered that I had these on my DA, on the rear to be correct with that 4" drop they only lasted 6 months, but like STOCK mentioned they're good enough if you're keeping the car at stock height.

Bogstock
29-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks guys for your input. However I still can't make up my mind regarding Showa V KYB as there is not much of a price difference.