PDA

View Full Version : s2 suspenion braces

b20b
28-05-2007, 05:11 PM
What are the performance/handling benifits noticed, from installing the x brace under the front of the s2.(eg cusco, whiteline)
Is this best installed with a strut tower brace
What are the best suspenion items to add to the s2 that actually work
just after some opinons:D

bobble
28-05-2007, 05:57 PM
I've put an X-brace on my stock S. definitely can feel a difference. the back has less tail happy. I can take corners at least 20% harder now. Next install is the front sway bar from whiteline coming this week. Can't wait

b20b
28-05-2007, 06:03 PM
With changing the front sway bar does this help with body roll or the tail twitchyness

1337droptop
28-05-2007, 07:45 PM
i read on s2ki that it reduces snap oversteer but i dunno

b20b
28-05-2007, 08:45 PM
I just found some comment son s2ki as well . They say if you stiffen the front bar it helps give the rear more grip by keeping the load more on the rear wheels.
There is some s2 driving tips to help with the rear end such as get your breaking done early and be back on the gas once you have turned and you can modulate your cars attitude with the gas:D

Anyway some braces for the front are looking well worth it

WhiteAP1
29-05-2007, 07:37 PM
What are the performance/handling benifits noticed, from installing the x brace under the front of the s2.(eg cusco, whiteline)
Is this best installed with a strut tower brace
What are the best suspenion items to add to the s2 that actually work
just after some opinons:D

The X brace works well, and yes it does tame the rear end. In regards to suspension mods that actually work, u cant look past a set of coilovers. I felt the improvement my suspension gave, was like night and day. Turn in is much better, no roll and a the car overall is alot more stable, enabling higher speed cornering. Theres a few good suspension threads here on ozhonda, have a look through might help u make up ure mind.

In regards to braces a front sway bar might not be a bad idea but a strut tower wouldnt do much.Due to the cars front end design it would probably do more cosmetically than performance wise. In regards to rear sway bars, most ppl have reported the car becomes to stiff, and under the right circumstances u can literally find the car bucking. Might be ok for track but not good for a street car.

SNKS2K
29-05-2007, 08:56 PM
How much to these usually go for retail?

euroasia
30-05-2007, 10:05 AM
more than you can afford (drives off in his ferrari), - sorry i just had too.

CRXONE
30-05-2007, 12:56 PM
But doesnt it put more stress on your suspension the more you stiffen up your chassic flex???

WhiteAP1
31-05-2007, 10:43 PM
whiteline x brace goes for $270, cars already stiff,a little more doesnt hurt. With coilovers however it puts a little stress on the rear axel so its best to get diff to driveshaft spacers.

X brace is all good

ROLLED
01-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I would get a proper wheel alignment first with some proper specs for handling, its only $100 or so and definitely the best bang for buck in terms of handling before getting some good semis on the car!