PDA

View Full Version : Where do i get these in Sydney???

joneblaze
13-10-2003, 11:03 AM
:idea:

I'm after a set of Speedy Hi Racing rims in White finish in 15 x 6.5". Can't find anywhere in sydney that stocks them, ive called all the fully sick stores. anyone know where i might get my hands on a set? At the moment only ppl i know who have them are Donnellans in Melbourne and i really CBF going thru the hassle of shipping, etc etc.....

they look like this .... beautiful wheels :P http://www.donnellans.com.au/wheelsfolder/speedy_wheels.htm

cheers,

jon

p.s: please dont reply with "try ozzy/tempe/australias best/Big O, etc etc....

wynode
13-10-2003, 11:19 AM
How much are they going for? Keep us informed with if/when you find a store!

I really like this one:

http://www.donnellans.com.au/wheelsfolder/speedy/Hi-Speed-White-Charcoal.jpg

joneblaze
13-10-2003, 11:22 AM
How much are they going for? Keep us informed with if/when you find a store!

I really like this one:

http://www.donnellans.com.au/wheelsfolder/speedy/Hi-Speed-White-Charcoal.jpg

that's them! :P exactly the ones im after Win. I was quoted $1190 w/ rubber over the phone to Australia's Best, but they tell me they only have the matte black and bronze/gold finish. Apparently according to them Speedy no longer makes the white finish...... this really shits me..... :cry:
lol..so if anyone knows where i might get some white ones let me kno pls...

jon

EDIT: this is why im so confused Donnellans has them on their website. Maybe they havent updated for awhile. I've emailed them but no reply so far....

Rowie
13-10-2003, 11:25 AM
EDIT: this is why im so confused Donnellans has them on their website. Maybe they havent updated for awhile. I've emailed them but no reply so far....

Your better of ringing people on the phone. You can wait weeks for reply's via email sometimes. If their website hasnt been updated in a while, they might not check email very often either, you never know :D

joneblaze
13-10-2003, 11:32 AM

Your better of ringing people on the phone. You can wait weeks for reply's via email sometimes. If their website hasnt been updated in a while, they might not check email very often either, you never know :D

...went with ur advice, just gave em a call. very professional and friendly. He confirmed they dont actually make them in white (then WTF is that pic doin on their website? it looks factory, with the sticker on the rim and all... lol), but they can powdercoat them or bake them in enamel?
Anyway, quote for 15 x 6.5"s was $290 a rim, so i spose Australia's Best still wins in terms of price. Will have a grab a set of the black, play with it for awhile then powdercoat them when flush with cash....... now all we have to hope is that they trade in my 17" rims for a decent price.... (or that Ben buys them!!! :P ). Btw, did u all know that shipping costs for 4 rims up from Melb. only costs around $60? I thought that was pretty cheap...... :roll:

civicboy
13-10-2003, 12:24 PM
joneblaze r u gona get those black rims? coz i was after em! :lol:

AP1 F20c
13-10-2003, 12:55 PM
Have you tried ringing Speedy Wheels on Sales yourself? @ +612 9609 7722.

joneblaze
13-10-2003, 01:23 PM
Have you tried ringing Speedy Wheels on Sales yourself? @ +612 9609 7722.

cheers for that noel. Confirmed with Speedy Aust. that the HiRacing dont come in white in Aus.... only for US market (fukn bastards...)..... looks like the matte black and powdercoat is the way to go then..... :roll: oh well....

civicboy
13-10-2003, 02:23 PM
dats d way, just powder coat it bro...btw wat size r u gettn :?: :)

joneblaze
13-10-2003, 04:31 PM
dats d way, just powder coat it bro...btw wat size r u gettn :?: :)

yeah ill powdercoat them when i have cash later. will enjoy the matte black for awhile. apparently theres a good powdercoating joint up near blacktown way.... Custom Painting?
i refuse to answer questions i've already provided information on. pls read the previous posts....

fueltank
14-10-2003, 10:50 AM
joneblaze, did you get a quote to get the wheels sprayed and baked?
should only be about $30/wheel 8)

joneblaze
14-10-2003, 03:43 PM

nah mate i havent spoken to any places yet, however was chatting to the dude at Speedy Wheels and he reccommended Custom Painting...said it'd cost somewhere in the vicinity of $50-60/wheel......

fueltank
14-10-2003, 04:32 PM

nah mate i havent spoken to any places yet, however was chatting to the dude at Speedy Wheels and he reccommended Custom Painting...said it'd cost somewhere in the vicinity of $50-60/wheel......

I got quote $50/wheel and that included getting rid of the gutter scrapes + spraying them!

joneblaze
14-10-2003, 05:07 PM

I got quote $50/wheel and that included getting rid of the gutter scrapes + spraying them!

is this a quote from the Custom place in Blacktown? That sounds fair i spose...especially if they refurbish the rims and its sprayed well and doesnt fuk up after a yr or two.....

mo
14-10-2003, 05:24 PM
the black would look good on ur car jon?? white/black = yea? :D

fueltank
14-10-2003, 05:46 PM
is this a quote from the Custom place in Blacktown? That sounds fair i spose...especially if they refurbish the rims and its sprayed well and doesnt fuk up after a yr or two.....

nah it's in Lansvale dude.

joneblaze
14-10-2003, 06:06 PM
the black would look good on ur car jon?? white/black = yea? :D
yeha... my dream is those HiRacing rims in white on my teg, but the matte black will look sweet too...plus dun have to clean as often... ;) and when its very dirty it'll transform into gunmetal grey hopefully...bahaha..

ALLMTR
14-10-2003, 07:07 PM
Have you tried sourcing Racing Harts in white from NZ?

mag and turbo in Auckland

SFA more than Speedys and HEAPS lighter/cooler 8)

joneblaze
14-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Have you tried sourcing Racing Harts in white from NZ?

mag and turbo in Auckland

SFA more than Speedys and HEAPS lighter/cooler 8)
SFA? what pricing am i looking at for the wheels and the postage? Reason i rather do it locally is cos id rather trade in my 17"s than selling them privately.

AP1 F20c
14-10-2003, 07:23 PM
and when its very dirty it'll transform into gunmetal grey hopefully...bahaha..

It'd still be black ... just very matt black. :wink:

ALLMTR
14-10-2003, 08:21 PM
I dont know retail but I paid less for my Racing Harts than Speedy quoted for those rims........and they are white 8)