PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing tyres

lil4civ
29-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi i'm after some tyres under $100 for my honda civic 1999 sedan. i just need to replaces my tyres in the meantime as there really worned out but dont want to spend too much as i want to get rims later on. I'm after 175/65/14 tyres and was wondering what are the prices and what i should go for.

I've got some quotes already for Nankang-$76, Dunlop monza-$89, toyo-$75 and from kmart their having a sale this week for bridgestone ER592-$99 or dunlop LM600-$89. If someone knows a better price or better tyres, please let me know. I'm in Sydney-bankstown area and would like to get the tyres changed ASAP. Thanks for anyones help.

Ph@t-G
30-05-2007, 04:06 PM
I recently changed all 4 rubbers to Goodyear Eagle NCT5 for $95 each at jax. But I don't think it's for sale anymore.

I find them fairly quite and has alright grip for its price. One advice - stay away from Nankang cause they were my last set that came with the car when I bought it and one word for them - ratsh*t - no grip, loud, bumpy....

Goodyear Ducaros sometimes are on sale for around the $95 mark but I think the best thing is to just stay with the name brands eg Goodyear, Bridgestone, Dunlop. For around that price it's all much of the muchness.

JasonGilholme
30-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Go for a brand name that you know (goodyear bridgestone etc) Most major brands make descent "cheaper" tyres that are normally under 100 bucks.

I got a set of tyres for my barina for 85 a corner. :thumbsup:

lil4civ
30-05-2007, 04:36 PM
thanks guys, ill ask around for prices on the brand name ones. Anyone recommend 2nd tyres?

yellow-dc2
30-05-2007, 08:21 PM
how soon are you looking at getting rims?
If it was soon i would be looking at second hand tyres, i got some S/H tyres for my old Corolla Yokohama for $60ea and they retailed for $130 at the time,

But if its not soon, spend the money (over $100) and get some good tyres,

Tyres aren't the sort of thing i would skip on

Jet_Brodski
30-05-2007, 08:40 PM
thanks guys, ill ask around for prices on the brand name ones. Anyone recommend 2nd tyres?

Personally I would steer clear of 2nd hand tyres.......I tried them once years ago, and kept getting problems with the car wandering and pulling all over the road......the guy I bought them from said it's because they had the wear patterns on them from the previous car, and there was nothing you can do about it.

Go new ones......I got some new Bridgestones on my work car a few months ago......very happy with them!

bennjamin
30-05-2007, 09:57 PM
please refer to and search through this thread

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409

it has been covered.
closed.