PDA

View Full Version : Brake light issue

tuppelo
29-05-2007, 11:17 PM
I have a Brake light coming up all the time on my dash. I have had that problem ages ago and it was a brake bulb, the one on the rear window. After I replaced it, everything worked just fine. Warning light was not coming back on again after that.

Lately that light started coming up again. I am not sure why it is like that. It does not come up right away, sometimes it comes up after several minutes, sometimes does not come up at all (rarely). I made sure that all lights are working (taking them out and looking at them - I know it was not safe for driving that way but I was just driving in my street and some side streets and they worked perfectly fine).

I have checked brake fluid level as well and it is up to a max all the time.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any suggestion as what to do and what it could be?

Mr_will
29-05-2007, 11:31 PM
most likely the sensor connection is dodgy. it should be near your master cylinder.

also is BRAKE...not break.

sugz
30-05-2007, 12:10 PM
does your hand brake lights turns on as well?!
if so, the just disconnect your handbrake sensor and reconnect it...

i had that problem before

tuppelo
30-05-2007, 01:21 PM
It does actually. Park brake light goes on at the same time. That might be the problem. I’ll give it a go and see if it works. It will be a pain to take everything to get to the actual sensor as it will be hard to get around my stereo.
But thanks anyhow.

1337accord
04-07-2007, 07:19 PM
hey! im having the same problem, just wondering where is the hand brake sensor located ?

tuppelo
04-07-2007, 08:12 PM
It wasn't the case in my instance. The new bulb I bought was faulty and was working from time to time and was not working the other times and it would cause the dash light to go off.

I just replaced it once again with a new one and issue was fixed. Just make sure all brake lights are working (all 3 of them...as mentioned one of my lights was faulty but not all the time and every time I looked into reflection mirror it was working and still warning light would come off. Just a short fault of part of a second is enough to trigger the warning light)

To get to sensor just take the cover around the handbrake off (4 screws all together and fairly easy to take it off)....you will see that sensor right away...it is a push button and you have a wire attached to it.

Good luck

#stk_drknss
04-07-2007, 08:23 PM
go ur a auto electriction if u **** somethign up u could \**** the whole electrics up

thats my 2 cents but u could pull it off if ur lucky ^^ jokes

1337accord
06-07-2007, 01:33 AM
oh okay cool, thanks i'll check it out... just also wondering if there is a way to get the brake light on the rear window working with the spoiler brake light? or is it just one or the other?