PDA

View Full Version : steering slippage

garett
30-05-2007, 10:58 AM
hey fellas. i drive a DA9, it has the AC and powersteering removed, so the steering feels great at all times except for reverse parallel parking or 3 point turns.

i have noticed though if i do happen to have to do something where it requires effort to turn the wheel for example a 3 point turn where you have to dry steer a little, once i get going again the steering wheel will be out by 10mm or so so if i pull over and dry steer in the opposite way it will straighten it up.

its not the easiest thing to do and requires effort, but i would like the wheel not to slip. its not happening where the boss meets the shaft either. does anyone know of a nut which i tighten to eliminate this?? any thoughts?

garett
30-05-2007, 10:59 AM
for you mods who are going to tell me that i shouldnt post twice im shifting it here as it didnt get much interest in the integra thread

Turps
30-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Have you checked the Steering Joint bolts at the base of your steering Column.

To get at the Steering Joint you will need to remove the Steering Joint Cover which is located inside the car between the brake pedal and accelerator. The upper and lower bolts should be torqued to 22 N-m.

garett
30-05-2007, 05:20 PM
no i havent... thanks

Turps
05-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Garret....Have you worked out whats causing your steering slippage yet ????