PDA

View Full Version : USA and AU Airbag compatability in EK

kerim
30-05-2007, 04:08 PM
will an airbag off an ek from the states work with ours here in oz, is there a difference in them or they the same
thanks
kerim

destrukshn
30-05-2007, 04:25 PM
don't think so, as ones for rhd, and lhd.
esp the one on the dash.

kerim
30-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks for your input man,
i doubt that LHD/RHD would make a difference, or will it, as the steering wheel is the same

can someone confirm

not fussed with the passenger, just want to know about the drivers side

CTR Coupe
30-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Actually there may be problems.

Civic Type R Airbag steering wheels don't plug into just any EK Airbag harness. They are only compatible with the American made Coupes. EM1(99-00 VTIR Coupe) and EJ8 (96-98 VTI Coupe)

the SRS Coupe/CTR harness is different to the Japanese made CXI/GLI/VTI/VTI-R(hatch)

**The Japanese airbags have the SRS computer behind the steering wheel and the Civic Type R and Coupes Have the computer separate to the steering wheel.

**This is the reason I believe however I can’t remember off the top of my head if this is 100% correct. All I know for sure is that they are incompatible without cutting the SRS wiring which is dangerous (exploding airbag) and a serious defect if caught.

EDIT: I think if you stuck to getting Coupe Airbag for a coupe or a hatch airbag for a hatch. you might be ok but buying something from such long distance without seeing connectors etc in person is usually a risky experence.

PS. remember you wont be able to ship this via Airmail since its technically an explosive device.