PDA

View Full Version : Honda's in New Zealand

[[d a n n y]]
13-10-2003, 11:41 AM
hey u guyz all

well i was just going throuhg..the nz honda area

and guess what i have found out...Sir-2 vtec 170hp motors go for aorund 800bucks newzealnad money..

os i am considering to ship a vtec over here

i also found out that parts r really cheap so any body who wants to bring stuff from newzeland it's pretty damn cheap

any1 considering this can share the conatiner with me

it's 1.2 grand for a full container

so yeah Pm me or sumthing..

vti-2 edit: updated title

[[d a n n y]]
13-10-2003, 11:50 AM
theres alot of stuff ucan bring in for cheap

i saw this Sir civic sedan for only 9500 NZ dollars

VTEChnique
13-10-2003, 12:18 PM
do you have any photos of the SiR's ?

What about EK9 (CTR) parts ??

I am looking to bring in some parts...

$800 B16A2 include G-box and ECU ??

[G]
13-10-2003, 01:22 PM
]]

i saw this Sir civic sedan for only 9500 NZ dollars

U cant just buy a car there and bring it over. To bring it in as a personal import u have to of owned the car for at least a year in NZ not to mention fill out all the paper work and shit before u can get it here.

Also with parts are you sure you dont have to pay customs? Ive ordered some stuff from there and was hit with customs...not cheap either.

Spose its alright if u are after a really hard to source part. Does the motor come with gearbox? axles? wiring loom? mounts..gotta consider all this specially when u can get front cuts here from around 2k which have everything u need.

G

[[d a n n y]]
13-10-2003, 01:38 PM
800 bucks is the sir 2 gen2 Eg civic

i dunt think customs not sure will have a check

eknine
13-10-2003, 04:38 PM
plsss... everything need customs clearance esp when its such in size.

the only way to be sure is to fly to nz, check it out b4 you buy..otherwise IMO buy it here and if anything goes wrong you have someone to get with.

yes , it might be cheap, but at times cheap does not equate to quality. otherwise you'd see our wreckers importing from such means:o) i'm not saying they don't but i'm saying unless it worth their effort-don't you think our local wrecker will do it?

Setanta
14-10-2003, 12:19 AM
I get parts from NZ to keep my EF9 going. You must declare customs or get caught out and fined horrendous amounts of money. Small parts are cheap to import but size and weight can triple the cost. Import tarrifs are shocking - particularly for motor parts.

BTW - there is no such thing as a SiR sedan - but there were EG B16A powered sedans. SiR II is a trim specification, not an engine spec - EG SiRs and SiR IIs both ran the same motor.

Importing is as others have said - get it into the county without declaring it and the govt. will insist you return it or have it crushed - there was a EF glasstop CRX at Honbits a year ago being dismantled and crushed for that very reason. Don't try and import a whole car - do it as a front cut with everything else stripped and placed in the container if you must.

As people have pointed out, it's prolly cheaper to get it from an Aussie supplier unless its a hard to find small part.

ALLMTR
14-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Pete can you PM me who you deal with in NZ?

Setanta
14-10-2003, 01:24 AM
You got PM Chuck :)

ALLMTR
14-10-2003, 07:01 PM
Danny, pay the extra and source it locally

BELIEVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rufes1
15-10-2003, 12:44 AM
ah chuck!!! Love your hybrid civic man! cains ass