PDA

View Full Version : Wiring problem?

civic-dream
30-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi guys
I just recently noticed two things happening that's out of the ordinary, while driving my stereo seems to reset itself every 5mins for no reason, and also my remote central locking only seems to work about half of the time when i finish driving and try to lock it...

if anyone's had a similar problem could you advise whether it was a wiring problem or not and what it took to fix it? is it just a simple fix?

cheers :)

Eclipsor
30-05-2007, 10:10 PM
First things I'd be checking would be for loose connections on the stereo. Is it aftermarket? For the remote possibly the battery is dying?

civic-dream
31-05-2007, 10:41 AM
yeah i though it could just be just the stereo itself playing up but these occurences below made me think otherwise..

yesterday when i was driving i realised that if I got over a hard bump on the road my stereo resets itself almost like a cd that skips due to harsh motion...

also i found that if I flick the high beams on then my stereo resets itself again.

so i tried turning my interior light on and then flicking the high beams on and off and i realised a noticeable difference in the brightness of the light too...

is this a sign of my electrical wiring getting old and not sending enough current through where it's needed?

T.E.D.
01-06-2007, 11:46 AM
sounds like a loose or dirty battery terminal. remove the terminals and clean both the battery posts and the terminals. refit and test drive. if ok reset all electricals, clock and head unit etc. if not ok, check main relay and ignition switch for faulty connections or operation.
good luck.