PDA

View Full Version : DA9 brake pad recomendations

KLA80T
30-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi guys! just want to ask you especially the ones with the white rims on... whats the best brake pads to use for DA9's that don't produce too much brake dust since my rims are white, everytime i clean it, the next day its bad again! please help... bendix ones? and how much are they normally???:confused:

wkdteg
30-05-2007, 09:53 PM
interested 2 hear ppls opinions. im due for a set of new pads

TRU32U
31-05-2007, 12:26 AM
from memory got my rear bendix advance for like 50 bucks or so
dust theres still dust but not as bad as maxi stop, firestone, its good for its price lets jus say that

garett
31-05-2007, 09:25 AM
steer away from EBC pads, they create heaps of dust.

from memory bendix advance were not bad on my white rims in the past

integra95
31-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Formula Ferodo dsc2500's are pretty good pads, a little bit pricey tho. They are good for both street and track and create minimal dust. Mate had them on his car and he had gold gram lights and they were always spotless. temp rating is pretty good and so is the friction cooefficient, good pads too when cold which is pretty wear. Usually perform BEST after a bit of warming up, (if you know what i mean:p ) Autobarn or Repco should stock them.

KLA80T
31-05-2007, 06:56 PM
thanks guys! but i need more feedback from the others to see which ones are the best... so far bendix and ferrodo hmmm.... lets see more suggestions

KLA80T
03-06-2007, 11:31 PM
bump!

LO_N_SXC
04-06-2007, 10:31 AM
On my old DA9 I was running Bendix Metal King Pads and boy were they real firm pads, by that I mean that they made the brake pedal feel much firmer and didn't dust as much as I thought.

I also was running RDA slotted rotors which also made quite a differance, all up it cost me $160 for rotors and about $90 for the pads I also flushed the brake fuild with the good ol Motul stuff which cost me about $80 for two 500ml bottles.

totally recommend this combination as it worked for me!

Redteg
05-06-2007, 06:46 AM
I have been told that Bendix pads are manufactured to produce grey dust which is meant to be less noticeable.

I used to have Bendix advance on the front, which I was happy enough with for regular driving, and didn't mess my wheels too much.

Now I have Endless up front and Ferodo in the rear, and my wheels are always filthy. Great stopping power though.

KLA80T
05-06-2007, 10:26 AM
so bendix it is! i'm going to the shops this week and fit it by the weekend and see. thanks guys!

LO_N_SXC
06-06-2007, 12:11 PM
I have been told that Bendix pads are manufactured to produce grey dust which is meant to be less noticeable.

I used to have Bendix advance on the front, which I was happy enough with for regular driving, and didn't mess my wheels too much.

Now I have Endless up front and Ferodo in the rear, and my wheels are always filthy. Great stopping power though.

Yep thats what I got told when I bought the metal king pads, I also had white wheels on my LS and you would only see any brake dust after a week or so of city driving.