PDA

View Full Version : Jammed back door

Euro76
30-05-2007, 09:53 PM
I started to know this problem when my close friend tried to open the back door from inside (driver side). He could not open it and I have to open the door from the outside and it opens. Then I checked whether child lock is set...but it was not child locked. Today I went to Honda dealer and mentioned this problem. They fixed it right away and told me there was a disconnected mechanism. No parts are replaced and did not cost me anything. They fixed it within 30 minutes. Is anyone having similar problem with the jammed door?

shadou
30-05-2007, 09:55 PM
one of the cables must have become loose and popped out of it's brace, happens especially after people fiddle arpund with the door trim like after tinting and shit like that. nothing to worry

Euro76
30-05-2007, 09:58 PM
one of the cables must have become loose and popped out of it's brace, happens especially after people fiddle arpund with the door trim like after tinting and shit like that. nothing to worry

That could be the reason...no wonder why. I had my windows tinted.

euro77
30-05-2007, 09:59 PM
happened to me once on the driver's door, they come to my workplace and fix it. top service from travis honda :)

Euro76
30-05-2007, 10:05 PM
happened to me once on the driver's door, they come to my workplace and fix it. top service from travis honda :)

That's very nice of them :)

shadou
30-05-2007, 10:06 PM
just had them tinted or ages ago? tinters are notorious for leaving things like that loose not all bad some are top notch but some of them don't give a rats ass and leave you the customer going wtf? trims loose door handle not opening and the likes, (no offence to any tinters)

Euro76
30-05-2007, 10:10 PM
just had them tinted or ages ago? tinters are notorious for leaving things like that loose not all bad some are top notch but some of them don't give a rats ass and leave you the customer going wtf? trims loose door handle not opening and the likes, (no offence to any tinters)

January this year when I bought it.

tony1234
31-05-2007, 07:30 AM
Yeah,similar thing happened to me with my previous car,dealer fixed it,put it down to window tinter.

sendok
31-05-2007, 12:19 PM
yeah, it maybe the cable loose and make the child lock turn on...