PDA

View Full Version : oem lip for eg sedan

d15z1SUX
31-05-2007, 12:22 AM
do you think the oem front lip on a eg sedan would look better painted or unpainted if i colour coded my whole car. or do you think a mugen style lip would be better?

im just kind of going for the oem lip atm because i just got yellow stickered and was just thinking about clearance issues. ive got kings super low springs. right now clearance isnt an issue but wondering if putting on oem lip or mugen lip will change this.

EG5
31-05-2007, 12:53 AM
leave it unpainted

-[NoS]-
31-05-2007, 01:12 AM
bro... alil off topic here... hows the ride confort on the super lows???

d15z1SUX
31-05-2007, 01:15 AM
its good. a bit soft for me maybe. but im using stock shocks. its quite comfortable.

aimre
31-05-2007, 10:02 AM
do you think the oem front lip on a eg sedan would look better painted or unpainted if i colour coded my whole car. or do you think a mugen style lip would be better?

im just kind of going for the oem lip atm because i just got yellow stickered and was just thinking about clearance issues. ive got kings super low springs. right now clearance isnt an issue but wondering if putting on oem lip or mugen lip will change this.

Mines not painted, When i got it, ppl couldnt tell i got it, like they couldnt say "O, you got a new lip" they were more like

"What you do to you car? it looks sick, but idk why"

Which i prefer over having a car that sticks out like dog balls

d15z1SUX
31-05-2007, 08:04 PM
lol. yeh its so tiny hey. would u suggest still painting the oem side skirts and side strips?

aimre
01-06-2007, 12:31 AM
^^^ like they noticed the car looked more aggresive, but couldnt pick why

Leave it all black, ull scrape the lip, which will then look shit, also, ppl will hit your doors, marking ur painted side strips

and itl just look weird having painted skirt with everything else black

Aza
01-06-2007, 09:59 AM
leave lip black, paint sides, thats my opinion. so man cars have that and looks shit hot, especially with a black bonnet as well and dropped on its nuts

VT3C
01-06-2007, 07:48 PM
my vote for unpainted..

i've seen many painted OEM lips (and skirts) over the years and unless you completely prepare the flexible eurethane lip for paint with a bonding agent plus special flexible primer etc.. it will just chip off.. i've never seen a painted OEM lip that didnt have the paint not 100% opaique or chipping off etc and it just brought the whole look of the car down IMO.

plus if you're having heigh issues and canary's, the black lip and skirts will create a bit of an optical illusion that your car is perhaps higher than it is.

plus when you DO inevitably scrape your lip, the OEM eurethane lip doesnt look completely ghetto.. you can jsut sand back the scratches and apply some tyre-black and it looks as good as new ;)

d15z1SUX
01-06-2007, 10:13 PM
thanks. i think i will leave it black. its cheaper too :)

well i guess its not quite what i had in mind last time. i used to want to get a mugen lip and dump the whole car and look like a sick cnt but i guess its not really practical lol.