PDA

View Full Version : Ur Opinion On Performance tunning

froggy_qld
31-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi All,

My first post :)

I got an Accord Euro 2004 Auto, got the car 3 years now, and think it is great in both handling and power (plus value).
However, the suspension is a bit soft for me, especially when I do corner in high speed. Feels like the front of the car dropped too much to one side, and start over steeling ... is it just me ?

anyway, I am thinking to gear up the car a little bit, and found this in ebay.

Honda ACCORD EURO Front Strut Bar (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-ACCORD-EURO-Front-Strut-Bar-L-K_W0QQitemZ200113729149QQihZ010QQcategoryZ55436QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Has anyone got this install ? how do you feel about it ?

plus, I want an AUX input for the car, and thinking to get a sounsnhond3 or link plus, anyone know any good online shop for that (prefer OZ one)?

Zdster
31-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Looks like a standard sort of strut bar. It ties the tops of the suspension together and will stiffen up the car. For that sort of price though I would look at spending a bit extra and getting a brand name bar though.

Some of the euro guys should be able to give you some more advice.

sendok
31-05-2007, 12:15 PM
it's the one in ebay yeah... how long does it stay there not sold? :D a bit expensive i reckon? should be nice using strut bar and other bars tho...

aaronng
31-05-2007, 01:33 PM
A strut bar won't do jack on a stock Euro except look bling. Go for a rear sway bar first and then consider stiffer springs or coils.

JasonGilholme
31-05-2007, 01:36 PM
A strut bar won't do jack on a stock Euro except look bling. Go for a rear sway bar first and then consider stiffer springs or coils.

x2 :thumbsup:

Zdster
31-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Really? Is the chassis already that stiff up the top?

froggy_qld
31-05-2007, 03:43 PM
good thanks , good to know!

and I think a set of sway bar not too exp ..

which one should I go first, spring or coil ? or both (then I will need a loan)

aaronng
31-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Really? Is the chassis already that stiff up the top?

The softest point will flex first. On a stock Euro, it won't flex much because of BODYROLL! Once you have a thicker rear sway bar and stiffer suspension, then you can feel the sharper steering response when you install the strut bar (same for the lower arm bar). I had the strut bar and lower arm bar installed when my car was stock and I couldn't feel any difference. After getting stiffer suspension, I can definitely say that the steering response is improved with the bars.

tony1234
31-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I suggest you do your suspension upgrade in this order.RSB(18mm),springs/shocks or coilovers,tower strut brace,lower arm bar.This then gives you the opportunity to evaluate each mod and see if you wish to go to the next stage.:)