PDA

View Full Version : Hotter Euros?

greecegun
07-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Is the Euro R under consideration for Australia?

Any truth to the rumours that there will be a 4WD turbo Euro (at the very least for Japan only? :?:

Jus-10
07-07-2004, 04:21 PM
I would say no and no...

The 'R' is dead in Australia.

You sure you're not getting the 4WD thing mixed up with the Mazda6?

The new Legend will have 4WD but no turbo. Perhaps the 4WD may filter down at some stage, but who's to say?

Rowie
07-07-2004, 04:31 PM
as far as i know the only stock turbo honda is in japan, but its only 600cc or something... its a Ke car.

where did you hear this rumour?

bigdongers
07-07-2004, 05:30 PM
I saw the same rumour in an edition of Wheels magazine. It looks like they were considering bringing in a Hot Euro to compete with the likes of Liberty GT and the upcoming Mazda 6 MPS. From the photo it looked like a Euro-R

greecegun
07-07-2004, 05:34 PM
I don't remember whether I read about the rumour in Performance Forums or this forum or in Wheels/Motor, but I do remember reading about it somewhere. I am not thinking about the Mazda 6.

Why is the R dead in OZ? I think the Integra is being downgraded here to a Type S isn't it? Wsn't a real Type R anyway I suppose.....

Does everyone want 4wd's now? Maybe that's why Honda is getting like Toyota in this market by selling heaps of different soccermum shitboxes like HRV and CRV's but no performance models unless one can afford a S2000. :x

bigdongers
07-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Does everyone want 4wd's now? Maybe that's why Honda is getting like Toyota in this market by selling heaps of different soccermum shitboxes like HRV and CRV's but no performance models unless one can afford a S2000. :x

Hey man don't DIS the CRV. Aint nobody calling my V a soccermum shitbox

http://www.hondasuv.com/main2/album_pic.php?pic_id=433

h22a accord
07-07-2004, 06:23 PM
i wont dis it if you put 24" wheels on it. :P

greecegun
07-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Aint nobody calling my V a soccermum shitbox Just a bit too late I just did 8)

What's a truck doing on a car forum anyway? :?:

Calvo
07-07-2004, 07:19 PM
its would be awesome if honda aus brang out a hot accord. farkin will never happen tho.

that crv would look so hot and pimpalicious if it was dropped :D

wynode
07-07-2004, 11:16 PM
I think there is more chance of the the new legend coming out here with Honda's new SH-AWD system as mentioned here:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5042

If there is a new 4WD equipped sports car coming out.......chances are it will have this.

Im putting my money on the new legend coming out in 4Wd over the Euro R.

greecegun
08-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Whilst a 4WD/hybrid Legend would be quite interesting, Honda (and a lot of others) should consider that the WRX has next to no competition in this market at least, and that more people would be alke to afford something of this nature than a Legend, which is not a volume seller here.

wynode
08-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Hybrid?

greecegun
08-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Sorry!Confusing it with the upcoming Lexus 4wd system I read about. I knew the Honda system was different in some way, but got my wires crossed :?

Breeze
13-07-2004, 03:14 PM
There is a 4wd version of the Euro in Japan, comes in several models but all auto. There is also a turbo 2.2l Euro in Japan ([acronym:ebb652cac8="Front Wheel Drive"]FWD[/acronym:ebb652cac8] and diesel). It does mean they already have a 4wd platform. As I have been trolling the web for jdm accord info so I can make an informed decision I have seen pics of a 4wd turbo prototype, including engine bay shots dont know where it was or can find it though.

Jus-10
13-07-2004, 03:51 PM
They also make a 4WD Jazz/Fit......doesn't mean it's going to come here.

The R is dead because it doesn't fit in with the current direction of Honda Australia

Breeze
13-07-2004, 07:03 PM

Breeze
13-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Not disagreeing with you just saying they may make it. As I am going to the land of the long white import car I am sizing up all my options.

greecegun
14-07-2004, 12:53 AM
The R is dead because it doesn't fit in with the current direction of Honda Australia And what is their current direction?

wynode
14-07-2004, 01:00 AM
The R is dead because it doesn't fit in with the current direction of Honda Australia And what is their current direction?

http://www.ozhonda.com/viewtopic.php?t=5116&highlight=discontinued

greecegun
14-07-2004, 01:14 AM
F*&king idiots! :evil: Well it looks like they have lost a potential future customer......

Off to Fuji Heavy Industries....

toE
14-07-2004, 02:19 AM
Fuji Heavy Industries?? lol...

Euro_Boy
21-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Hey all.

I'm new to this forum. I'm Deano from Sydney.

I'm getting a black accord euro with ivory leather interior early august once i get my licence back! (theres not many left so a mate is holding one for me)

I vouch for Wynode.

According to my sources, theres only one brand new type r left in Australia and they have killed off the Type -R.

I guess with the direction the company is heading, cars like the type r didnt fit their future. Off the subject, the design of the newer type rs (i.e integra and civic) they look attrocious and are a less "racy" orientated vehicle.

Rumour has it that insurance issues in Australia with high performance cars had a lot to do with Honda's decision which probably sounds right considering Nissan has killed off the 200sx.

PS: toe, Fuji Heavy Industries owns Subaru.

bigdongers
21-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Rumour has it that insurance issues in Australia with high performance cars had a lot to do with Honda's decision which probably sounds right considering Nissan has killed off the 200sx.

Nissan killed off the 200sx for an entirely different reason. New emissions laws in Japan meant that the 200sx didnt comply and it would have cost Nissan too much to redesign the current model to comply. As a result, they killed it.

greecegun
22-07-2004, 12:29 AM
and they replaced it with the considerably more expensive and tacky 350Z