PDA

View Full Version : Stud Pattern Matching

integra95
31-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi people,

I bought a set of SSA rims for my car. The stud pattern of the rims are 4X100
which is correct for my DC4. However i'm a little bit worred because they came of an Astra!?!
Also when i bought them the person gave me wheel nuts they seem a little bit odd. Usually when you put rims on you slide the rim onto the screws that came out of the break hub, and then you screw the nuts on the wheel to lock everything. However my dilema is that the girls have me 16 wheels nuts that have screws on them? almost as if you screw the nuts INTO the hub and not the other way around. My only thought is that the she gave me ALL lock nuts rather than the usual wheels nuts?

Maybe a stupid question or i maybe have bought the wrong rims so i thought someone on here might know? does the dc4 stud pattern and offset match that of an Astra? I can't put the rims just yet due to being very busy so please no one suggest that i should just try it! :p

Cheers

Zdster
31-05-2007, 02:54 PM
I suspect you have two issues here:
1. Offset
2. Nuts

In regards to the first issue, all you need to do is measure the offset of the existing and the new rims (see here on how to do it www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html (http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html))

With the second one you need to check the lug size (I suspect that they arnt using the same size thread). Also, if you can take a photo of the lugs that might also help.

integra95
31-05-2007, 03:10 PM
i'm almost 100% sure that the offset is correct, and if lets say i am wrong, (which i don't think i am) then i can put wheel spacers in...

But the issue with the wheel nuts is quite interested, because it looks like you have to screw the wheels nuts from the outside of the rim INTO the wheel hub...WEIRD! thast why i thought it might be just ALL lock nuts?

Ill try and take a nice picky tonight!

Cheers

garett
31-05-2007, 03:11 PM
just dont use the nuts

some european cars are like that. thats all

the offset on some euro cars can make the wheels stick out a little more

Zdster
31-05-2007, 03:14 PM
just dont use the nuts

some european cars are like that. thats all

the offset on some euro cars can make the wheels stick out a little more

As garett said, just get some different nuts and that should fix the problem.

integra95
31-05-2007, 03:22 PM
done fellas
cheers for that, ill post some pics once i get them on! phat looking things they will look......