PDA

View Full Version : euro speakers

johnprocter
31-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey was wondering what are the speaker sizes on a 2003 accord euro luxory as in the front two and back 4.. thanks

EuroDude
31-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Front is 6" / 6.5"

Rear are standard 6x9's

johnprocter
31-05-2007, 02:56 PM
thanks

EuroDude
31-05-2007, 02:58 PM
no worries

johnprocter
31-05-2007, 02:59 PM
whats best brand to replace them with? pioneer/alpine? what else? i listen to mostly hard trance/hard dance electro all that kind of genre

EuroDude
31-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Boston Acoustics , clarion, rockford fosgate, JL Audio, Kicker, kenwood are decent brands. Or jaycar if you are on a budget.

Avoid crap like sony and the low end pioneer stuff.

Get an Amp if you are gonna replace the speakers. If you install high wattage speakers, the treble will sound good, but there will be virtually no Bass at all, and the Mids will be lacking. The stock speakers are actually ok for the stock deck.

These dudes sell good stuff: http://www.fhrxstudios.com/

johnprocter
31-05-2007, 03:12 PM
well iam getting a headunit first then should i get a amp then the speakers? and do i need to get a 4chan amp and 2 chan amp cause theres 6 speakers?

EuroDude
31-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Get the headunit first, then the Amp, then the speakers. I wouldnt Amplify the stock speakers though unless you turn the Gain right down, you could blow them since they are very low wattage.

You need two channels for the front speakers+tweeters, two channels for the 6x9's, and one or two channels for the Subwoofer.

I would get a small 2ch Amp at the front to power the fronts, and something like the Audison SRx3 (3 channel amp) to power the 6x9's and Subby at the rear.

johnprocter
31-05-2007, 03:18 PM
but in my euro there are 2 6inchs at front, 2 6inches at the rear seats then 2 6x9's at the back of the rear seats...

EuroDude
31-05-2007, 03:41 PM
There are no speakers in the rear doors, its just an empty hole with a grill over it. You can put 6" speakers in there, but you may need to route the wires into the doors - not sure if there are stock wires in there from the factory.

Euro2005
31-05-2007, 04:10 PM
I upgraded my Honda Euro in Febuary 2005

The system is still brilliant, the sound quality is fabulous.
I am still using the same head unit and steering wheel controls that came with the Euro. To look at the car you can not tell anything has changed.

I had it all done by Northfield Moorooka - Absolutely Terrific Service
Full Installation, All wiring Etc, No Cutting
http://www.northfieldmoorooka.com.au

Front Door Speakers and Tweeters - Focal 165 V Slim

The BEST and ONLY Speakers That Will Fit With Out Cutting .

Focal Polyglass speakers use one of the most unique woofer cone materials that we have ever come across. Focal uses a unique process to deposit a layer of hollow silica micro-balls over specialized pulp cellulose cones. This unique material, which feels a lot like sand paper, neutralizes the effect of standing waves along the surface. Polyglass stiffens the cone while significantly increasing neutrality and imaging qualities. The unique 1-3/4" TN 45 tweeter features Focals unique inverted titanium dome design which provides far better mechanical coupling to the voice coil than regular dome tweeter designs. This creates an upper end with resolution and detail that other tweeters simply cant touch. The tweeters come complete with accessories for flush or surface mounting. All Focal products are handcrafted in France, with every component manufactured in-house under the tightest quality control standards. Designed to fit oversized 7" 4-hole openings.
http://www.focalaustralia.com.au/polyglass.htm

Back Speakers 6x9 - Eclipse SE8493
Key Features
Size: 6 ? 9" 4-Way
Continuous Power Handling: 75W
Music Power Handling: 150W
Frequency Response: 50Hz-40Hz
Sensitivity: 98dB
Cone Material: Mica/Poly
Surround Material: Rubber
Voice Coil Former: Kapton
Midrange Dome: Mylar
Tweeter Dome: Mylar
Super-Tweeter Dome: Mylar
Tweeter Magnet Material: Neodymium
Woofer Magnet Material: Ferrite
Mounting Depth: 3 1/16"
http://www.eclipse-web.com/

Amplifier - Alpine MRP-F240
V-Power 4/3/2 Channel Power Amplifier
This 4 channel V-Power amplifier delivers exceptionally high performance and detailed control. Combined with Alpine's famous sound quality, it's versatility will allow it to adapt to many configurations.
# 75W x 4 (Max)
# 100W x 2 RMS [4Ohms - Bridged @ 14.4V (0.3% THD)]
# 50W x 4 RMS [2Ohms @ 14.4V (0.3% THD)]
# 40W x 4 RMS [4Ohms @ 14.4V (0.08% THD)]
# Bass engine
# HP/LP Crossover
# Bass EQ (Variable Ch-3/4)
# RCA or Speaker Level Inputs
# MOSFET Output Transistors
http://www.alpine.com.au/

RCA Connector & Electrical Noise Eliminator - Peripheral Sven4

Best channel Audio Converter available---period!

The sven4 line level converter is the only LLC that we have found that does not introduce engine noise to the system in a Euro. inc, alpine, cali gold, and a few others. (same with BMW systems.)
For the Ultimate in Sound Quality and Signal transfer the SVEN4 is the Only Solution.
The SVEN4 was recently awarded the coveted innovations award at the 2004 Consumer Electronics Association Show.
Four channel Premium Sound Interfacing Device.
RCA level or speaker level input or output. The SVEN4 is perfectly suited for replacing the factory amplified system and retaining the OEM radio or for Premium OEM head-unit replacement. It can also be used as a standard line output converter. (LOC applications require vehicle specific sound harness--sold seperately).
NOTE: 60 watts maximum input per channel.

It all works perfectly and sounds AWESOME

eurosp
31-05-2007, 04:18 PM
good write-up, euro2005 :thumbsup:

johnprocter
31-05-2007, 04:56 PM
thanks for the write up champ

tony1234
31-05-2007, 05:48 PM
I upgraded my Honda Euro in Febuary 2005

RCA Connector & Electrical Noise Eliminator - Peripheral Sven4

Best channel Audio Converter available---period!

The sven4 line level converter is the only LLC that we have found that does not introduce engine noise to the system in a Euro. inc, alpine, cali gold, and a few others. (same with BMW systems.)
For the Ultimate in Sound Quality and Signal transfer the SVEN4 is the Only Solution.
The SVEN4 was recently awarded the coveted innovations award at the 2004 Consumer Electronics Association Show.
Four channel Premium Sound Interfacing Device.
RCA level or speaker level input or output. The SVEN4 is perfectly suited for replacing the factory amplified system and retaining the OEM radio or for Premium OEM head-unit replacement. It can also be used as a standard line output converter. (LOC applications require vehicle specific sound harness--sold seperately).
NOTE: 60 watts maximum input per channel.

It all works perfectly and sounds AWESOME
I'm also using this(SVEN4)and i agree,it's excellent:thumbsup:

johnprocter
31-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Another question.. theres going to be a bit of a time gap between the time i buy the headunit and get it installed and the time i buy the amp/speakers/sub i was curious is there any increase in soundquality when u install a new good headunit with the stock speakers? thanks.

BT1_BOY
31-05-2007, 07:19 PM
^^ yea.. in answer to ur question...it is better... a bit...
i got a full calarion system in mine... goes very nice...

EuroDude
31-05-2007, 07:25 PM
The stock honda deck is actually not bad for an OEM unit. With the stock speakers, you probably wont notice much difference unless you listen very carefully when the vehicle is standing still.

But if you upgrade to quality speakers and use an Amp, you will probably notice a difference. I found that the stock honda unit gives out a slight hissing noise at low volume through my aftermarket 6x9's, which was inaudible with the stock 6x9's. So you may wanna get noise eliminator like the Sven4, or install a new head unit.

johnprocter
31-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah iam installing a new head unit first then after i get my money together i'll install new speakers,amp, and sub

Cranial
31-05-2007, 11:40 PM
I've installed a system a while back, and with the help of FHRX, it may not look flash, but sounds great. Got MB Quart front splits, Rockford rears, pioneer sub, rockford+clarion amp, lotsa dynamat and a top Sony color TFT head unit. I think the biggest difference I have found comes from the bass re-inforcement from the sub. Makes ALOT of difference to me. Also, the mids and highs are clearer (although not as noticeable compared to the new-found bass). It's a worth upgrading if you plan to put in a decent investment into a good system, since as Eurodude has mentioned, the stock system isn't too bad!

sendok
01-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Yep.. depends what kindda songs you like to hear too... for SQ or SPL, surely different taste each person..

BusterSonic12
01-06-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm also using this(SVEN4)and i agree,it's excellent:thumbsup:

tony, how much did u get the sven4 for + how much was the installation cost? do i only need this to run oem HU to amp

tron07
01-06-2007, 12:27 PM
The stock honda deck is actually not bad for an OEM unit. With the stock speakers, you probably wont notice much difference unless you listen very carefully when the vehicle is standing still.

That is until you pop in a audiophile CD... then you will notice all sort of problems....

johnprocter
01-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Whats this SVEN4 you guys talk about?

tony1234
02-06-2007, 09:59 AM
tony, how much did u get the sven4 for + how much was the installation cost? do i only need this to run oem HU to amp
I got it as part of my install,think is was $170??I think you only need it if you want to add amps,sub etc.to OEM head unit not if you have aftermarket HU.

BusterSonic12
02-06-2007, 06:53 PM
I got it as part of my install,think is was $170??I think you only need it if you want to add amps,sub etc.to OEM head unit not if you have aftermarket HU.

so $170 for the sven4 and how much do they charge roughly for installing that

take_no_prisoners
03-06-2007, 12:32 AM
while on the topic, is there any difference in the sound systems of the 2 euro models?

euro1986
03-06-2007, 09:32 AM
does anyone know the specs of the stock unit on the std euro like how much outputs etc

EuroDude
03-06-2007, 11:41 PM
The systems are the same in all the AUS models.

Except that the earlier 2003/2004/2005(?) systems had a hissing noise problem, which was fixed later.

tony1234
04-06-2007, 07:15 AM
so $170 for the sven4 and how much do they charge roughly for installing that
Don't know.It was part of the install of speakers,amps,sub,dynamat etc.

johnprocter
05-06-2007, 08:36 AM
is fusion a decent brand for speakers?

corn_flakes
05-07-2008, 07:41 PM
so i've got some old 3way 6x9 kenwood speakers lying about....

do you think it would make much of a difference if i replaced the stock speakers with the kenwood ones? (head unit will still be the stock unit)

tony1234
05-07-2008, 09:53 PM
so i've got some old 3way 6x9 kenwood speakers lying about....

do you think it would make much of a difference if i replaced the stock speakers with the kenwood ones? (head unit will still be the stock unit)
Definitely.You'll notice even more improvement in sound quality if you replace the front speakers with a half decent pair of 6" splits.

corn_flakes
10-07-2008, 08:32 PM
is it a big difference?

deeper bass? better quality sound?

johnprocter
10-07-2008, 08:35 PM
both mate.

The X Man
10-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I have some Hertz 6x9's and DLS 6x9's in their boxs (brand new) if anyone is interested?

corn_flakes
20-07-2008, 08:55 PM
replaced the rear stock speakers with some old kenwood 6x9's i had...

there is definately a difference in sound quality....treble is much clearer, bass sounds about the same - not much difference in bass volume.

couple of problems with the install....the new 6x9's didn't line up exactly with the holes for the screw/bolt....so i could only bolt in 3 of them, which still holds the speaker in fine without any 'wobbles'.

because the new speakers were much bigger than the stock, the speaker grill didn't fit flush like it did with the stock speakers. i'm able to clip it back in but it does stick out a little bit (but not very noticeable).

:)