PDA

View Full Version : When does vtec kick in ?

Mrgigolo
31-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Hey boys! I just bought my car its an Intergra Type R the new ones but i dont know the model name for it..sorry! Im just wondering does my car have vtec ? And if so when does it kick in ???? Im just need help with that for now! THANKS!:thumbsup:

jdm_kid
31-05-2007, 07:27 PM
all type R's have Vtec .....
kicks in around 6k rpm ?

check out - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6 for model listings & specs etc.

Mrgigolo
31-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Also i have abit of an issue with my car.. Its the second day ive got it for ok and i got a full service and i filled the oil all the way to the top, changed the spark plugs and it isnt starting now so what should i do and what can it be ? Also should i return it ?

SPEEDCORE
31-05-2007, 07:39 PM
i filled the oil all the way to the top?

Explain exactly what you mean by all the way to the top.....

Mrgigolo
31-05-2007, 07:41 PM
All the way to the lid... Adrian from toda told me thats how you do it

m3ntAL_l2
31-05-2007, 07:44 PM
sorry to inform u but u proboly ***d it mate. go over to ur friends house now and kik him in the head

Mrgigolo
31-05-2007, 07:45 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS! I got no insurance and when i took the car out he said it wont have any warranty!!!! WHAT DO I DO!!!!

dc2dc2dc2
31-05-2007, 07:47 PM
what is wrong with you...who puts oil all the way to the top.

ahahahahahaha.....please take a photo of your dip stick...i'd love to see what it looks like.

m3ntAL_l2
31-05-2007, 07:48 PM
sell ur car to sum nub and go buy another one

destrukshn
31-05-2007, 07:53 PM
**** me, how many litres did you pour in?!!!
all the way to the lid?
you shouldn't even get close to filling up to the lid, at all.
it's gonna be great fun now.

Mrgigolo
31-05-2007, 07:53 PM
**** man... I didnt even know.. Toda told me to do it and now its ****ed... Guess ill sell it for about 25k... It shoulds like a good price for a new intergra type r shape

destrukshn
31-05-2007, 07:56 PM
just drain the oil, completely, pour 4 - 5 litres in, after it's been completely drained, make sure that coils are connected.
then try start your car again

Q_ball
31-05-2007, 07:59 PM
**** man... I didnt even know.. Toda told me to do it and now its ****ed... Guess ill sell it for about 25k... It shoulds like a good price for a new intergra type r shape

I'm sure Toda wouldnt say something that is that way off...
I think you misinterpreting what he said is the more likely cause for this problem.

Follow destrukshn's advise and see how you go.

destrukshn
31-05-2007, 08:04 PM
plus, did you get the right plugs?
are you sure they're in tight?

Q_ball
31-05-2007, 08:07 PM
No more stupid remarks/spam posts please!

dc2dc2dc2
31-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Wouldn't his car work fine after he drains all the oil and puts in 4-5ltrs as JT recomended ? Or has he caused long term & short term damage to his engine already ?

NeoNode
31-05-2007, 08:18 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search.php?do=finduser&u=7891

Sure doesn't look like the same person from when they first joined.

destrukshn
31-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Wouldn't his car work fine after he drains all the oil and puts in 4-5ltrs as JT recomended ? Or has he caused long term & short term damage to his engine already ?
well the car hasn't started.
lol.
i'm sure it shouldn't cause too much damage if any, if he filled it up that much.
as long as he drains it NOW, and make sure the plugs are correct and installed properly, it should be okay.

TheSaint
31-05-2007, 09:34 PM
has it been started? driven much?

drain the oil, goto honda and buy 5 litres of FEO oil and put about 4litres + a little bit in (check your car manual for specifically correct amount)

i did this wen i did my 1st oil change, didnt start the car so i juss drained it all and started again, wasted about 30$ worth of good FEO but learnt my lesson

also when someone says fill it right up with oil they mean on the dip stick not the motor, for example most hondas up to the second dot on the dipstick

good luck to you + keep us posted on what happens

oh and vtec kiks in at about 5900rpm, make sure u drive the car for at least 5min 1st and that the temp guage is at about half way, if not it will be shit and its bad for your motor, if it is warm than it should howl like a banshee =)

SHIFTY
31-05-2007, 09:40 PM
hey dude... dont worry what every1 saying they all being dickheads...

just drain the oil... put sump plug back on (not 2 tight.. dont wona thread ur sump)

fill up with oil 2 the specified amount (will say in owners manual)

check dipstick...

also since u have overfilled ur car with oil... check that ur spark plugs arnt wet... if they are just give em a wipe down with a rag....

good luck dude :)

Its just part of the learning process... learn through ur mistakes :)

:thumbsup:

shadou
31-05-2007, 09:40 PM
oh LOL all the way to the lid?????????? Drain it all out asap get it towed to a mechanics and get them to do it right, Don't ever touch anything under the hood again lol. If you couldn't get the oil right chances are you might have ****ed the plugs as well I wouldn't dare start it until someone with some experience takes a look at it.

destrukshn
31-05-2007, 09:44 PM
hey dude... dont worry what every1 saying they all being dickheads...

just drain the oil... put sump plug back on (not 2 tight.. dont wona thread ur sump)

fill up with oil 2 the specified amount (will say in owners manual)

check dipstick...

also since u have overfilled ur car with oil... check that ur spark plugs arnt wet... if they are just give em a wipe down with a rag....

good luck dude :)

Its just part of the learning process... learn through ur mistakes :)

:thumbsup:
nice so what EVERYONE is being a dickhead now?
even me, even though i'm trying to help the guy.
nice.
lol.

TheSaint
31-05-2007, 09:51 PM
its not that bad im sure most of us did it once wen we wer noobs, main thing is that u take the right steps to get it rectified, like it was mentioned before learn from mistakes... lets get this teg running good again

shadou
31-05-2007, 09:52 PM
I am too :D, but if you didn't drain it out already might be a bit of damage from the oil seeping into places it's not suppose to go, like I said get it towed tomorrow with the oil drained and get them to assess any damage done.

SHIFTY
31-05-2007, 09:53 PM
nice so what EVERYONE is being a dickhead now?
even me, even though i'm trying to help the guy.
nice.
lol.

Lol dude...

settle, didnt mean it that way.. u are most helpfull person in thread :)

vippy84
31-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Lol...
it seems like at least 10 litres of oil to fill the whole engine.. mebbe the pistons cant even move that is why ur car cant start..

good luck ... drain it and leave it till it is fully drained.. then just fill u 4.5 litres. should be sufficient.. wont have any bad effect on your car.. dw..

Limbo
31-05-2007, 09:55 PM
just make sure there is not oil in the sparkplug gallies. make sure you clean out the oil from all the areas

shadou
31-05-2007, 09:57 PM
really depends how long he had the oil sitting in the engine for now, cos he did fill it all the way to the filler hole:confused:

destrukshn
31-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Lol dude...

settle, didnt mean it that way.. u are most helpfull person in thread :)
lol, just stirring, notice the "lol" at the end.
=)

destrukshn
31-05-2007, 09:58 PM
really depends how long he had the oil sitting in the engine for now, cos he did fill it all the way to the filler hole:confused:
well thread was posted today.
so i'm only guessing for less than 24hours.
lol.

SHIFTY
31-05-2007, 10:00 PM
im only hear 2 help dude....

and 2 get those shinny green things under my display pic :)

c'mon ppl u know u whant 2 add PQ points :P

TODA AU
01-06-2007, 08:01 AM
For the record, we never offer advice as to how to change or fill your oil.
Our position is, If you're too retarded to know how to do that, you shouldn't touch your car.

TODA AU
01-06-2007, 08:03 AM
I think you misinterpreting what he said is the more likely cause for this problem.
Some people are also full of shit & just make stuff up.

didz
01-06-2007, 11:09 AM
rofl....

steve88
01-06-2007, 11:22 AM
http://members.shaw.ca/sirwawa/vtec.jpg
around there

Zdster
01-06-2007, 11:29 AM
I am going to close this thread now as it is going to spam. If you have further questions PM me or one of the other mods to re-open the thread.