PDA

View Full Version : I had my Euro dynoed today

E-Gene
02-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey guys,

Just had my 07 Accord Euro on the dyno today together with the guys from Toyota Owners Club (http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?)

Never had my Euro dynoed before so I thought that it'll be fun just to see where I stand at the moment so that when I do further mods with the car I'll have a starting number to work with.

Anyway I pulled 112.6kw with my current mods. Hmmm, not sure that it's all that good cos I was running really rich at around 10 for my air/fuel ratio when it should be around 13.

Question: How do I get this adjusted seeing that it's got to do with my ECU?

yfin
02-06-2007, 09:14 PM
The Euro is going to run rich from the factory. It is worth your while to see what the reflash or some of the other ECU options come up with. There is heaps of potential in the motor waiting to be unleashed.

How many kms does your Euro have on it now? It probably is not even run in fully yet so don't expect an optimum dyno run until after 15,000kms. I noticed you have some nice mods already, trying to catch up to Peeaky? :D

E-Gene
02-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Haha, yup, Peekay's too far ahead and I need to catch up. I figure that it's a few things, firstly my car's not really been run in yet (3000km) and my VSA was on.

Will resetting my ECU help with the AFR issue? Or is this really a standard thing with all Euros.

yfin
02-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Haha, yup, Peekay's too far ahead and I need to catch up. I figure that it's a few things, firstly my car's not really been run in yet (3000km) and my VSA was on.

Will resetting my ECU help with the AFR issue? Or is this really a standard thing with all Euros.

3000km is nothing. I found a significant difference in how the motor felt after 10,000kms and then after 20,000kms. Every oil change felt better and better. The VSA on will not make any difference on the dyno as they are testing in a high gear where traction control will not activate.

The Euro ECU is always adjusting and learning so resetting the ECU can alter the maps but there really isn't much point in doing that if the car is going to adjust it again. And the AFR is not an "issue" for the vehicle - it is normal. That is how the car was designed from the factory to protect the engine and keep it cool. The fact the Euro is running so rich is an indicator that power can be unleashed by taking out some fuel from the mix with ECU tuning.

sodaz
02-06-2007, 10:19 PM
The engine is not fully run in yet imo. My Euro ran so much better after around 12,000-15,000km.

aaronng
02-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Anyway I pulled 112.6kw with my current mods. Hmmm, not sure that it's all that good cos I was running really rich at around 10 for my air/fuel ratio when it should be around 13.

Nice. In order to adjust your A/F ratio, you can either use an interceptor like the VAFCII or go for a full aftermarket ECU like the Motec or Euro1.

aaronng
02-06-2007, 10:32 PM

It gets better as the engine ages since it is an engine with hi-cam. Young engines like yours will have more friction at high RPM, and that affects dyno figures negatively. I had 38,000km on mine and got 119.6kW on a dyno similar to the one you used (Dynamics Test System).

ALN
03-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Hey guys,

Just had my 07 Accord Euro on the dyno today together with the guys from Toyota Owners Club (http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?)

Never had my Euro dynoed before so I thought that it'll be fun just to see where I stand at the moment so that when I do further mods with the car I'll have a starting number to work with.

Hey, I went to the dyno day as well on afternoon session along with other two euros. Anyway, I made 123.6 kw on my current mods.

BusterSonic12
03-06-2007, 12:57 AM
what mods u got?? ALN

ALN
03-06-2007, 02:59 AM
what mods u got?? ALN

I got comptech airbox,comptech header, FGK cat back, metal cat, 64mm TB, UR pulley, HKS spark plug,and comptech flywheel and exedy clutch( well actually, I don't think helping on making power):D

CL9-K24A3
03-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Hey, i also went there with ALN and one other euro in the afternoon session. i got 111.5 kw. its too low actually for my current engine mods. my current engine mods are Comptech header, Skunk2 Racing catback, Injen CAI, & Unortodox Racing Pulley sets.

BusterSonic12
03-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Hey, i also went there with ALN and one other euro in the afternoon session. i got 111.5 kw. its too low actually for my current engine mods. my current engine mods are Comptech header, Skunk2 Racing catback, Injen CAI, & Unortodox Racing Pulley sets.

that's low for a manual i guess, since i got an auto and achieved 112kw with my current mods on the dyno dynamics.

yfin
03-06-2007, 10:43 AM
that's low for a manual i guess, since i got an auto and achieved 112kw with my current mods on the dyno dynamics.

Different dyno, different day. Enough said.

sodaz
03-06-2007, 10:50 AM

Do you guys experience rattling/vibration noises with the Comptech header? The acurazine forum people complain about it a lot.

sodaz
03-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I got comptech airbox,comptech header, FGK cat back, metal cat, 64mm TB, UR pulley, HKS spark plug,and comptech flywheel and exedy clutch( well actually, I don't think helping on making power):D

Nice mods ALN. :D Where did you get the 64mm TB from? Did you have to bore the stock one with a machine?

Drew
03-06-2007, 11:52 AM
How much torque did you get?

My wagon only got 86kW which is a bit sus. cause it got 107kW in NZ o.O
But at least I got decent torque

ALN
03-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Nice mods ALN. :D Where did you get the 64mm TB from? Did you have to bore the stock one with a machine?

I bored the stock one to straight through 64 mm and changed the butterfly to fit.

His car is auto as well. In what gear your car was dynod? his car was dynod on the 4th gear.

ALN
03-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Different dyno, different day. Enough said.

:thumbsup: very true, even in the same dyno different day can result different figure.

BusterSonic12
03-06-2007, 12:02 PM
His car is auto as well. In what gear your car was dynod? his car was dynod on the 4th gear.

4th gear. as well. i only hav intake + exhaust + apexi neo at the time.
is that your car on your dp? CF bonnet?? :p does the bigger TB give u much gain that u can feel?

ALN
03-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Do you guys experience rattling/vibration noises with the Comptech header? The acurazine forum people complain about it a lot.

If I didn't read the acura-tsx forum, I would not even know if there vibration that others experienced. I have been using the header alsmot 1.5 year, I haven't really noticed if there is any vibration.:D

aaronng
03-06-2007, 01:03 PM

They ran theirs on a Dynamics Test System dyno, which supposedly reads lower than a Dyno Dynamics dyno.

CL9-K24A3
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM

I forgot to tell you guys that my car is auto :p but 111.5 kw its still too low for my current mods even my car is auto :p

CL9-K24A3
03-06-2007, 02:54 PM

Nope,i never have an experienced like that :D

sodaz
03-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Nope,i never have an experienced like that :D

That's great. I wonder why it occurs with TSXs but not Euros considering that they are pretty much the same car.

ALN
03-06-2007, 06:44 PM
4th gear. as well. i only hav intake + exhaust + apexi neo at the time.
is that your car on your dp? CF bonnet?? :p does the bigger TB give u much gain that u can feel?

Yup. It's phase CF. TB give more response feeling and a bit more free flow power on the top end, but I don't think it would be that much power gained since I don't have engine management probably around 1-3kw at the top. :D

E-Gene
03-06-2007, 07:45 PM
How much torque did you get?

My wagon only got 86kW which is a bit sus. cause it got 107kW in NZ o.O
But at least I got decent torque

Torque was somewhere in the 400 mark.

3000kms for my car is definitely still too young so I can't wait for it to mature. Good to hear that it only gets better.

sodaz
03-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Yup. It's phase CF. TB give more response feeling and a bit more free flow power on the top end, but I don't think it would be that much power gained since I don't have engine management probably around 1-3kw at the top. :D

Very nice. Got some shots of the CF hood to share?

BusterSonic12
03-06-2007, 09:11 PM

do u need the phase/ spoon front bumper to fit it?

TypeG
04-06-2007, 08:48 AM
I forgot to tell you guys that my car is auto :p but 111.5 kw its still too low for my current mods even my car is auto :p

it is reasonable if you got a big rims

sendok
04-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Good to see you guyz dynoed your euro.. :D

ALN
04-06-2007, 06:48 PM
do u need the phase/ spoon front bumper to fit it?
Not really since the fitment of the the hood is very similar to stock one.

Very nice. Got some shots of the CF hood to share? I'll post it up later. :D

aaronng
04-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Good to see you guyz dynoed your euro.. :D

Have you dyno'd yours as well?

BusterSonic12
04-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Not really since the fitment of the the hood is very similar to stock one.

I'll post it up later. :D

price price ^^ hehe

i like this one but i guess it is bit too hectic for a under power car LOL mayb when i get more power in my euro first =p lol but i really like it tho..
http://www.firstmolding.com/aerobonnet/cl7accord_euro_r_honda.htm

sodaz
04-06-2007, 09:31 PM
price price ^^ hehe

i like this one but i guess it is bit too hectic for a under power car LOL mayb when i get more power in my euro first =p lol but i really like it tho..
http://www.firstmolding.com/aerobonnet/cl7accord_euro_r_honda.htm

HAHA the Euro doesn't need hood vents! :p

tron07
05-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Nice CF hood... but a bit too ricey for my car.... I would love a normal smooth CF hood, but for a stockie, it will stand out like a poser car....

ALN
05-06-2007, 02:58 PM
HAHA the Euro doesn't need hood vents! :p

Hehehee there is hidden top mount intercooler.
Anyway,I think J's racing and M&M honda sell these style of hood.

aaronng
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
The backwards facing hoodvents help draw out hot air from the engine bay and allow you to use an exposed pod with less power loss.

BusterSonic12
05-06-2007, 07:08 PM
The backwards facing hoodvents help draw out hot air from the engine bay

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: that's a pretty good reason for me why i need one now :p :p

ALN: can u tell us how much your was?

sendok
06-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Have you dyno'd yours as well?

nope.. I hardly use mine and it's havent got mods on the engine.. lolz.

ALN
06-06-2007, 09:50 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: that's a pretty good reason for me why i need one now :p :p

ALN: can u tell us how much your was?

Brand new, around 1.8k

BusterSonic12
06-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Brand new, around 1.8k

mayb... i can look into some other mods LOL

sodaz
06-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey ALN,

Your Euro looks very hot indeed. What's your mod list so far? Can't wait to see some pics.

ALN
07-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Hey ALN,

Your Euro looks very hot indeed. What's your mod list so far? Can't wait to see some pics.

My digicam ain't that good, I have to borrow my friend's .
My mods, other that I mentioned in the other pages. Pretty much blings lol. I got;

engine:
mugen caps
mugen thermostat and fan switch
hondata intake gasket

rims & suspension:
SSR professor MS-1
Feel's front strut
Feel's ETD
comptech RSB
Tein ss

Interior :
Roof trimmed in black
Euro R pedals
Euro R recaro

E-Gene
07-06-2007, 11:02 PM
My mods, other that I mentioned in the other pages. Pretty much blings lol. I got;

engine:
mugen caps
hondata intake gasket

rims & suspension:
SSR professor MS-1
Feel's front strut
Feel's ETD
comptech RSB
Tein ss

Interior :
Roof trimmed in black
Euro R pedals
Euro R recaro

Too bad I left before I could get to see your car. Maybe next time:thumbsup:

h1coupe
08-06-2007, 10:29 AM
my Euro dynoed 133.9kw. engine mods are an ebay header, K&N typhoon cai and a TSX ecu with hondata reflash.

ALN
08-06-2007, 12:23 PM
my Euro dynoed 133.9kw. engine mods are an ebay header, K&N typhoon cai and a TSX ecu with hondata reflash.

I assumed that your are not in aussie since you have reflash. Anyway it is a different dyno, some dyno produces 15% higher than others. The most importance is the feeling when you have the part installed, is it actually you feel faster or not. I smoked couple of stock RX-8 and s2000 already so dyno it is just a figure sometimes.

Too bad I left before I could get to see your car. Maybe next time:thumbsup:

sure, mate. :D

aaronng
08-06-2007, 02:10 PM
I assumed that your are not in aussie since you have reflash. Anyway it is a different dyno, some dyno produces 15% higher than others. The most importance is the feeling when you have the part installed, is it actually you feel faster or not. I smoked couple of stock RX-8 and s2000 already so dyno it is just a figure sometimes.

I also smoked an RX-8 and a DC5R :D
It depends more on how the driver pampers his car. If he is too gentle with it, then the engine won't make as much power.

ALN
08-06-2007, 03:05 PM
I also smoked an RX-8 and a DC5R :D
It depends more on how the driver pampers his car. If he is too gentle with it, then the engine won't make as much power.

That's true. If it is a random guy.
In my case, I raced with a friend of mine though. In the launch, he won by 2 car I guess and then I catched up until I won by 5 car length I guess I think he wasn't gentle. With s2000 we raced from 40 . I won already more than 4-5 cars length, the s2000 is also a friend of mine.

sodaz
08-06-2007, 08:25 PM

engine:
mugen caps
hondata intake gasket

rims & suspension:
SSR professor MS-1
Feel's front strut
Feel's ETD
comptech RSB
Tein ss

Interior :
Roof trimmed in black
Euro R pedals
Euro R recaro

Nice! :thumbsup:

h1coupe
08-06-2007, 09:30 PM

sure, mate. :D

you are correct I am not in aussie, I am from Iceland.
and there is no reflash for us as you, I am running a TSX ecu, and I had dynoed my car before the reflash only running the header and intake, and I gained around 9whp max on the reflash, but I did gain about 33whp@6000rpm, and yes the car feels alot better;)

I clocked off a 15.201@91mph last summer when I was completely stock, and am waiting for the track to open so I can get a new time with my current mods?

ALN
08-06-2007, 10:30 PM
you are correct I am not in aussie, I am from Iceland.
and there is no reflash for us as you, I am running a TSX ecu, and I had dynoed my car before the reflash only running the header and intake, and I gained around 9whp max on the reflash, but I did gain about 33whp@6000rpm, and yes the car feels alot better;)

I clocked off a 15.201@91mph last summer when I was completely stock, and am waiting for the track to open so I can get a new time with my current mods?

wow for stock, that's a good time. Is there any problem when you running TSX reflash ecu in your Euro? A lot of euros' members still hoping the reflash is going to be released soon.

yfin
09-06-2007, 09:14 AM
wow for stock, that's a good time. Is there any problem when you running TSX reflash ecu in your Euro? A lot of euros' members still hoping the reflash is going to be released soon.

Yeah excellent time but he is from Iceland!! Euro engine loves the cold temps and will perform noticeably better in those conditions.

h1coupe
10-06-2007, 04:45 AM
went to the track today and got 1run in, had trouble getting off the line and 60ft sucked 2.430. but still managed to run a 15.022@93.74mph. and at those mph I should be well into the 14sec:)

h1coupe
10-06-2007, 04:48 AM
oh and yes the trouble of running the TSX ecu is I get 3check engine codes from the ecu trying to find sensors that the TSX has and we don´t, and I had the immobiliser turned off for the fear of my dealership would not be able to flash the key with the new ecu. other then that everything is fine. trip computer was unaffected and Doug at Hondata told me that he will be able to turn the check engine light off someday and then he´ll do it for free for me.

yfin
10-06-2007, 09:39 AM
went to the track today and got 1run in, had trouble getting off the line and 60ft sucked 2.430. but still managed to run a 15.022@93.74mph. and at those mph I should be well into the 14sec:)

That is a very good time and you are running stock exhaust too.

I am pretty sure our reflash is going to be more suitable for your car than the TSX one. It should also show more gains too and cure your check engine codes and immobiliser issues.

ALN
10-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Yeah excellent time but he is from Iceland!! Euro engine loves the cold temps and will perform noticeably better in those conditions.

It is still very good time I recon even his from much colder temps. Probably he has good driving skills.:D

yfin
10-06-2007, 02:43 PM
It is still very good time I recon even his from much colder temps. Probably he has good driving skills.:D

If my memory serves me correctly - he flat shifted on the 1/4 to get that time. So that makes a difference. Sorry if I am wrong h1coupe. :wave:

h1coupe
11-06-2007, 12:16 AM
If my memory serves me correctly - he flat shifted on the 1/4 to get that time. So that makes a difference. Sorry if I am wrong h1coupe. :wave:

you are correct sir. I do flatshift on the 1/4mile:p