PDA

View Full Version : Map and Evap Sensor for Ls/vtec

sikisdr69
03-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Hi Guys

Im a lil lost on what to do with the map sensor and the Evap sensors, do i need them, I got a Type R throttle body and it looks like it has a map sensor integrated into it(correct me if i am wrong), where as a LS has an external one now would i need the external MAP sensor. With evap sensors do i need them, if i do how many do i need as it has 2 and i see that b16a conversions into a LS only needs one, is it same for Frankenstrein conversion or do i not need one,

Also do i need the injector resistor box as i am using RC injectors not genuine honda ones,

ACTI0NMAN-1
03-06-2007, 12:23 PM
there is a way to conect arround those. i'd have to look at mine and take a pic. to shiow you where all the hoses go. the 2 on the firewall are no longer needed after this change. :)

as for the resistor box, are the injectors saturated or non saturated. one requires the resistor box or you risk blowing up your ecu. pm ecu man for the correct information on which is which.

sikisdr69
03-06-2007, 12:26 PM
thanks man, i noticed that on SKREMN's set up aswel and i need it working like his as mine is the same. If i dont need the one on the firewalls it would be great as it would open space for my FPR

CRXer
03-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Test the injectors with a meter

if they are about 3 ohms they are low impedance, & need the resistor block

if they are about 12 ohms they are high impedance, & dont need the resistor block

ECU-MAN
03-06-2007, 02:53 PM
as above, measure the resistance of ur injectors to find out what u have. more than likely u have high impedence saturated injectors.

use the map sensor on the tb and discard the firewall map.

to meet emissions standards u should wire the evap purge solenoid.

sikisdr69
03-06-2007, 03:10 PM
john can you tell me exactly where the evap purge solenoid will connect to so i can run it, also just the one aye not both,

ECU-MAN
03-06-2007, 07:02 PM
one side of the EVAP PCV goes to Pin A20 of OBDI ECU and the other side gets wired to A25 IGP of OBDI ECU.

If your using saturated Injectors you can bypass the injector resistor block by unpluging the resistor block and joining all the wires together of the resistor block connector, 1x yellow/black and 4x red/black.

sikisdr69
03-06-2007, 07:28 PM
thanks for that john, on top of that what about the hoses of the Evap sensor, would you know where they go im a lil lost as i got aftermarket plenum, and im trying to match of the manual but teh manual shows it for the 2 evap sensors, which on of them do i follow

ECU-MAN
06-06-2007, 01:30 PM
a vacuum line will go to the evap solenoid from the intake manifold, ( constant vacuum ) and another vacume line goes from the EVAP solenoid to the charcole canister purge valve.

Ill see if I got any picturs.