PDA

View Full Version : OEM headunit questions

BBB
04-06-2007, 12:35 AM
I've got an oem headunit off 2001 honda civic and my friend wanna to put it in civic EG

is it the unit just plug and play to install in civic EG?

when the unit on my old civic it need to enter the 4 digits code to turn it on so is it when this unit install in civic EG still need to put the digits code to turn it on?!

and the digits code is from the VIN NUMBER? the last 4 digits from the VIN NUMBER?

thanks for help!

TRU32U
04-06-2007, 01:26 AM
yeah mate u need the code...
code u get it from the honda booklet that u get when u get a new car.... shold say in there
if u lose it then jus go honda ask for new code
and plugs well unsure about that if not jus rewire it again
might as well buy a new deck...

BBB
04-06-2007, 01:33 AM
thanks mate!
but that is off my old civic which is i sold!!so i cant found the code from the book! thats why i ask can it found from the VIN number.as someone told me the code is from the VIN number.

Zdster
04-06-2007, 04:10 AM
Go to a Honda dealership with the vin and they will be able to tell you.

aka_NSX
04-06-2007, 07:12 AM
the plug is different ........

D4rk4n63l
04-06-2007, 07:51 AM
do you still have the wiring harness attached to the back of it? if so I can help with the color code.. you wont need to use all wires as some are the security wires specific to 2001 civic

weeman
13-06-2007, 09:35 AM
yeah mate u need the code...
code u get it from the honda booklet that u get when u get a new car.... shold say in there
if u lose it then jus go honda ask for new code
and plugs well unsure about that if not jus rewire it again
might as well buy a new deck...

which booklet do you mean, i just put my old sterio back in. ive got the sterio booklet, the cd stacker booklet, and the honda user manual, i think there might be another one cant remember. i had a look in the sterio book last night and couldn't find it

D4rk4n63l
13-06-2007, 11:45 AM
it usually on a small card.. about the size of a name card

dupac->
13-06-2007, 12:32 PM
the code is from the booklet.

u need the harness that came with the OEM headunit because the plugs are obviously different.

so you need to cut the EG wiring then match up the wires with the OEM deck..
from ur EG wiring and the OEM deck simply find the right wires that connect up. Constant wire, Accessories, Earth, speakers etc. should be a walk in the park with a test light.

it should state in the manual which wire is which, that comes off the harness from the OEM deck.
if that makes sense

so yeah not plug and play!

JasonGilholme
13-06-2007, 12:37 PM
get a new one lol it'll be easier!

dupac->
13-06-2007, 12:38 PM
get a new one lol it'll be easier!

lol what he said.

weeman
14-06-2007, 07:12 AM
i found it, was written on the front of the sterio manual, lol

zco
14-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Go to a Honda dealership with the vin and they will be able to tell you.
unless the original owner has changed the pin, then you wont be able to know or neither will the honda dealership

D4rk4n63l
14-06-2007, 04:28 PM
unless the original owner has changed the pin, then you wont be able to know or neither will the honda dealership

?!??!?! I think its the other way around mate..:p

zco
24-06-2007, 03:46 AM
?!??!?! I think its the other way around mate..:p

what do ya mean ? if you buy a headunit that comes with the original pin, and the previous person changes the pin wihtout writing it down or telling you what the new one is, how are you gonna find out the new pin ? honda sure dont know it..