PDA

View Full Version : removing door moulds

gbang007
04-06-2007, 10:32 AM
i need to remove the door moulds from an ek1. i have taken out one screw from where the handle is. what else needs to come out from the interior? i dont know how to get the interior trim off. i have seen like 3 large screws in the side but i dont think that is the right ones.

Zdster
04-06-2007, 11:03 AM
You need to take off the one in the door handle (open the handle outwards and there is one there). There is another screw in the door tray in middle (next to the winder). Then you need to remove the speaker cover down the bottom (it is just clipped in) and remove the three screws there. Now all that remains are clips around the outer edge of the panel. Easiest way to remove the panel/clips is to start in the bottom corner and just slowly pull outwards. There are no clips at the top - the plastic just curves around the top near the window.

Let me know if you need more help or I could also find the service manual if you need it.

gbang007
04-06-2007, 11:08 AM
ok, well in the mean time i have tried to take off the side skirts. i have taken of the mud flaps, all the screws underneath etc. but its still attached somehow. more like its being hold on and i just need to pull a certain way or something because all the screws have been take off. how do i take off the skirt from where i am? i have tried to pull quite hard but it still wont come off.

Zdster
04-06-2007, 11:19 AM
ok, well in the mean time i have tried to take off the side skirts. i have taken of the mud flaps, all the screws underneath etc. but its still attached somehow. more like its being hold on and i just need to pull a certain way or something because all the screws have been take off. how do i take off the skirt from where i am? i have tried to pull quite hard but it still wont come off.

You need to push the skirt either forward or backwards (I cant remember) and then pull outwards.

JasonGilholme
04-06-2007, 11:22 AM
i think its forwards. it is on my crx.

Although i've found it easier just to rip it off... lol. didn't break any clips which i was surprised about hehe.

Zdster
04-06-2007, 11:27 AM
i think its forwards. it is on my crx.

Although i've found it easier just to rip it off... lol. didn't break any clips which i was surprised about hehe.

LOL - easiest way to put them back on I found is to take the clips off the skirt, put the clips on the car and install the skirt onto the clips - made life so much easier.

JasonGilholme
04-06-2007, 11:32 AM
LOL - easiest way to put them back on I found is to take the clips off the skirt, put the clips on the car and install the skirt onto the clips - made life so much easier.

I did it the other way. hehe

Riped the skirt off. Took the clips out from the car and the installed the clips into the skirt and then just popped it back onto the car.

Courses for horses i spose. lol

gbang007
04-06-2007, 12:22 PM
ok, so i am onto removing the interior again. so i got out the screws in the speaker and i still can only find one screw in the door handle and i gotten that out too. i pulled it out a bit on the bottom and the bottom bit came off. but i think its still attached in the middle somewhere and i dont know where. i have searched everywhere and cant see anymore screws to undo. there are little clips under the electric window control which u push in but i have tried that and i think that that only detached the arm rest thing.

JasonGilholme
04-06-2007, 12:25 PM
There will probably be some clips up the side and then once the clips are off it'll lift up and then off. It sorta hangs from a lip at the top i think.

Zdster
04-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Dont start yanking yet, you have missed one.

There should be one in the armrest - have you got that one?

Let me just find the oem guide - hold on.

Zdster
04-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Here you go:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/instal/aii/pages/civic/1997/18267_01.html
Go to page two onwards. Let us know if you get stuck :thumbsup:

gbang007
04-06-2007, 01:04 PM
ok, i got the handle n stuff out. im pretty sure everything has been taken out. everything in that paper u showed me. i have been trying to push it up to get it out but it still seems like something is holding it down from the top and i dont wanna pull it up too hard incase i break something. i tried a rear door to and same thing, took everything out but still seems like something is stuck at the top. seems like something possibly to do with the middle? does the window controls detach or anything? like the armrest? there are no screws helding it there in place or anythin.

Zdster
04-06-2007, 01:17 PM
ok, i got the handle n stuff out. im pretty sure everything has been taken out. everything in that paper u showed me. i have been trying to push it up to get it out but it still seems like something is holding it down from the top and i dont wanna pull it up too hard incase i break something. i tried a rear door to and same thing, took everything out but still seems like something is stuck at the top. seems like something possibly to do with the middle? does the window controls detach or anything? like the armrest? there are no screws helding it there in place or anythin.

It does rap around the top fairly tightly. Have you got all the clips out and it sort of just hangs from the top? If so, hit the entire panel from the bottom, straight up and it should dislodge the trim.

gbang007
04-06-2007, 02:32 PM
ok, i finally got them all off. cheers zdster. great help! the only thing is, my button to lock and unlock the door on the driver side doesn't work properly. i have alarm, central locking at when i use that, the button works fine but when i try to do it manually, the button won't move. the others still work fine. any ideas anyone? not a huge issue but i want to get it fixed before my stuff comes back so i dont have to open it up again in the future. cheers

Zdster
04-06-2007, 02:36 PM
ok, i finally got them all off. cheers zdster. great help! the only thing is, my button to lock and unlock the door on the driver side doesn't work properly. i have alarm, central locking at when i use that, the button works fine but when i try to do it manually, the button won't move. the others still work fine. any ideas anyone? not a huge issue but i want to get it fixed before my stuff comes back so i dont have to open it up again in the future. cheers

Maybe it is set up so that you cant lock it manually?

gbang007
04-06-2007, 10:05 PM
it does work manually. i will wait and see after i put everything back on. can i reassemble the interior without the moulds? from memory and retracing what i did, i can but want to make sure that i dont have to end up removing everything again. coz all i have to do is push them in from the outside right? are the speakers meant to have clips on the end so i can clip and unclip them? coz mine were soldered onto the other wires so i have to break them. there is a clip there, but its stuck on the end and the solder is a couple of cm's into the wire. i thought they would be the same as the rears.

Zdster
04-06-2007, 10:12 PM
it does work manually. i will wait and see after i put everything back on. can i reassemble the interior without the moulds? from memory and retracing what i did, i can but want to make sure that i dont have to end up removing everything again. coz all i have to do is push them in from the outside right? are the speakers meant to have clips on the end so i can clip and unclip them? coz mine were soldered onto the other wires so i have to break them. there is a clip there, but its stuck on the end and the solder is a couple of cm's into the wire. i thought they would be the same as the rears.

Speakers are screwed into the panel and the wiring has a plug so you can unplug it from the door wiring.