PDA

View Full Version : D4 Lights up...

narut0
04-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey all,

As the title says, D4 on dash lights up on ignition and disappears.
I never seen or notice this before until now. Is there something I should worry about?
Car is 2000 Accord A/T 4cyl.

Riviera
04-06-2007, 05:31 PM
so what you do is??

turn the ignition to on D4 + park light is on

u started the car D4 is there during the wind? then turns off???

if so i wouldnt worry about it mine does it too. and if youve just bought the
car or have only just started like really looking at ur dash before starting,
you wouldnt have noticed before

SiReal
04-06-2007, 05:38 PM
u know what, i never noticed this until i reset my ECU and does it all the time.

the car still drives fine.

when the D4 light blinks is when sh1t is gonna hit the fan (i.e. gearbox is busted)

I have a 01 A/T VTiL

Btw, you interested in getting some quality H&R lowering springs? 1.5F 1.2R? made in germany? hehe

narut0
04-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the reply.

if so i wouldnt worry about it mine does it too. and if youve just bought the car or have only just started like really looking at ur dash before starting, you wouldnt have noticed before

I am pretty sure that the P light is the only thing that lights up during ignition. (Besides the engine,srs,etc...) D4 never lights up unitl now.

u know what, i never noticed this until i reset my ECU and does it all the time.

the car still drives fine.

I did reset the ECU about a month ago when I installed the injen SRI but this is the only time that the D4 start to light up on ignition. It is not blinking and the tranny still pulls well. And yes, it still drives fine but just worried about that D4 thing.

Thanks for the offer on your H&R, but Eibach sports system (spring+pro dampers) already on the way.

ECU-MAN
07-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Hey all,

As the title says, D4 on dash lights up on ignition and disappears.
I never seen or notice this before until now. Is there something I should worry about?
Car is 2000 Accord A/T 4cyl.

thats normal mate

the D4 light is like the engine light, it will blink out fault codes when the SCS is bridged.

its when it stays on all the time you should worry :)

tuppelo
07-06-2007, 10:44 PM
That's all normal bud. I have changed my ECU and the same thing happens but no problems. I was the same, I could not stop worrying about it but I got over it:)

It's all normal.

SiReal
07-06-2007, 10:48 PM
I worried about it for around 10 minutes and figured that the car still drives fine, so I didnt' worry anymore. Add's some colour and life to the dash on the 2nd click.

08-06-2007, 12:14 AM
hahaha un plug the bulb out :p its annoying to have wierd lights on the dash GRRR i unplug my engine check bulb coz on boost my light went off :p

sugz
08-06-2007, 02:37 PM
^^ good idea, might do that to all my annoying dash light :P