PDA

View Full Version : car serviceing and car problems

urtwhistle
07-07-2004, 10:58 PM
hey i have funky thing with my 92 accord atm.
i was at skool and the car was running fine. but on the way homw after about say 15-20 mins my car started surging if u know wat i mean, more of a real rough idle. so i put new fuel in her but she is still running rough.

any ideas on were i should start looking for were the problem is.

also im going to do a major service soon. i have only owned the car for 6-8 monthes and i wanna start new with every thing so i know wat has been replaced and when it was replaced there fore when it needs to be replaced again.

my list is

oil
coolant
oil filter
fuel filter
fan belts or power steering belts
spark plugs
spark plug leads

wat else should i get done at the same time, also should i get genuine honda parts or are aftermarket brands like ryco ok.

cheers mofo's

ECU-MAN
08-07-2004, 11:43 AM
hey dude..

stick with genuine parts. also get the timming belt replaced as well as the balance shaft belt if you got no record of it having been done recently.

did the engine check light come on at all. could be anything causing your problem but most common is
leads, plugs, rotor button, distributor cap, vacuume leak, bad o2 sensor and so on. have a good mechanic check it out.

Good luck

urtwhistle
08-07-2004, 01:02 PM
hey, no engine light came on. im thinking i might take the kick panel off and see if the ecu is blinking

any idea on how to reset the ecu so it reprograms it self again?

cheers
chris

ECU-MAN
09-07-2004, 09:11 PM
yeah just unplug your battery if you cant find the ecu fuse in the engine bay fues box