PDA

View Full Version : need help b4 start b18c Engine coversion

xxxtd
06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
hay guys just wanna ask. if the fuel line for the eg vti d16y sendan will fit the eg GL carbi hatch ? and if i have the whole halfcut of an b18c, is that all i need for the whole Engine coversion ? thank guys

jdmTYPE R
06-06-2007, 07:27 PM
dont think the sedan will fit its to long and u will need a fuel tank and dash board harness with the regulator...

dc2itr
17-06-2007, 12:22 AM
definitely won't fit. It's too long. I looked into this before. I used fuel lines off an EK hatch for my EG hatch B18 and it was pretty close. Just a little bit or rubbin and bendin. Doubt Dc2 will fit either. The dc2 chassis is about 30 cm longer than the EG hatch so I'm doubtful that the fuel lines are same length. They may be close enough.

Yeah jdmTYPE R is right, need fuel tank aswell. And I'm sure EG hatch or DC will work but I'm positive the EG sedan fuel tank won't work and not too sure bout the EK.

If you have the whole DC2 half-cut all you'll need is the wiring harness, fuel lines and fuel tank. And think about upgradin the brake components. You have crappy front brakes and drums on the back and they won't handle the extra power that well. I started with a EG carby hatch aswell and it was a pain in the ass findin parts

Best bet is to get a fuel tank and lines from an EFI EG Hatch, second option is to look for EK lines and a DC2 tank...gd luck...

fatboyz39
17-06-2007, 01:00 AM
fuel lines not needed. You need a EFi fuel tank with pump. You need to change the whole wiring loom inside out of the car.

Goodluck.

dc2itr
17-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Fuel lines not needed? Correct me if I'm worng but he's got a carby and converting to EFi needs fuel lines running from tank I believe. I just finished the same swap and definitely wouldn't have work without the lines. Did u do the same conversion fatboyz? How'd u do it without lines?

If he's only doing a straight forward engine swap shouldn't need the whole loom either . Just the harness to match up wiring and convert ObD s. Can use dc2 loom if he wants but will have to chop and change alot.

prob worth the couple hungie to buy the harness.

fuel lines not needed. You need a EFi fuel tank with pump. You need to change the whole wiring loom inside out of the car.

Goodluck.

fatboyz39
17-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Fuel lines not needed? Correct me if I'm worng but he's got a carby and converting to EFi needs fuel lines running from tank I believe. I just finished the same swap and definitely wouldn't have work without the lines. Did u do the same conversion fatboyz? How'd u do it without lines?

If he's only doing a straight forward engine swap shouldn't need the whole loom either . Just the harness to match up wiring and convert ObD s. Can use dc2 loom if he wants but will have to chop and change alot.

You don't need fuel lines, yes i've done many conversion like this. Adding fuel lines add 10 times more labour needed. What do you mean part of a loom? You bascially need the whole car loom inside out, i.e inside the cabin, dash loom, and engine bay loom.

Benson
17-06-2007, 10:24 PM

i think fatboyz was referring to a carby to an Efi. You will definetly need to change to an EFI car loom. If the car had obd1 then yes you jsut need a conversion harness to suit a obd2 ECU.

dc2itr
18-06-2007, 03:42 PM
why would you need interior loom? U should be able to use your existing loom except the engine loom sin't it??? And use conversion harness?

That's what I thought. With mine I'm using full dc2 loom only because I'm using the DC2 dash but if I didn't require I should be able to cut into my existing loom to change over to dc2 engine???? I didn't think you needed the whole car loom out of integra. Benson/Fatboyz is this incorrect? So in order to convert to Efi, need to change th whole car loom???? Whew,, if that's the case I'm glad I decided to use the whole integra loom hten/