PDA

View Full Version : what mod would you do on Civic EK1

PHD
06-06-2007, 07:35 PM
i am planning to mod my civic EK1. but i found a lot of work shop in Perth do not have parts or experience on modding EK1. Would you guys give me some ideas on modding EK1? i am looking for light tune, not turbo or rebuild engine. suspension, brake, engine(ECU) and ETC would be the area i will mod on. currentley i got EBC greenstuff brake pad, N1 muffler and APEX SAFC. my budget around 1K-4K. depends on the items(bang for bucks):wave: .

cheers
PHD

bennjamin
06-06-2007, 08:02 PM
DONT mod the engine at all. Just get a air filter + muffler to make it sound nice. Anything you do for a small budget will not give you any more power.
MAybe save up about $5k-10k for a B series conversion if you crave more power.

PHD
06-06-2007, 09:25 PM
if i want to get better handling and bit more power(target 10Kw-15Kw), what should i do?

incoming
06-06-2007, 09:31 PM
strip as much weight as u can
it costs nothing

bennjamin
06-06-2007, 09:36 PM
ok , ontop of that get some upgraded front and a rear swaybar to suit.
Then , get a full alignment and decent tyres and your car will be quite nice to drive.
I recommend a CTR front and rear swaybar , with BEAKS or ASR brace kits.

06-06-2007, 09:44 PM
D turbo kit for sale for $1000
check www. Wahonda.proboards101.com on sales site :)
if you want some boosted path

OR

save up a bit more, B16A is cheap now days, trade in your old engine and get the B16A i thinnk you only adding up $3500 including labour :) try to get contact with Honbit in o'connor

Drew
06-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Good coil overs that are not D2's
Bigger brakes
Intake pipe and filter
Strut braces
Light weight rims

Save money for a B or K series swap
Then you can do cams, intake manifold, exhaust and chip the ecu for a good tune ^_^

aimre
07-06-2007, 12:20 AM
carsale.com.au

Aza
07-06-2007, 08:31 AM
if u dont desire to turbo the d series i wouldnt touch it at all. if u want the NA path a B series conversion is ur best option. if you dont want to change engines or turbo at this time i would focus on suspension. coil overs, sway bars, ect.

beeza
07-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Lower it
strut braces or sway bars
aftermarket Intake with K&N Pod Filter and cold air ducting (cost is just hoses)
Fuel Pressure Regulator
MSD Ignition System
NGK Iridium plugs and wires
cusco brake stopper
And a few cosmetic mods that don't cost much at all :)
Good Luck Man and Have Fun!

Drew
07-06-2007, 06:47 PM
lol MSD ignition on a stock motor... What a waste of money right there!

vtegra
07-06-2007, 07:02 PM
id convert the whole car into an integra..
soo just get an integra :)

beeza
07-06-2007, 09:33 PM
lol MSD ignition on a stock motor... What a waste of money right there!

Everybody says this but I tell ya from experience that I absolutely love mine:
More smooth and sensitive accelerator
Smoother Idle
Better pick up when you accelerate
Really the best way to explain it is SMOOTH,It just feels soooo SMOOTH everywhere.
I don't reckon there is any power gains until you Build the engine more but Definately my car has better 'Pick up'.It just Feels so much better,what can I say :cool:

Drew
07-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Maybe you just needed new plugs and leads? Did you get the MSD at the same time?

beeza
08-06-2007, 07:13 PM
No I installed the MSD 1 1/2 years after the plugs and leads.I've done a couple of mods to my engine like Custom Intake,2" Exhaust (stock Header) and FPR.Honestly it makes for a real smooth running,accelerating car.
I've been posting on D-series.org for a bit and Everyone says they are a waste of money but the thing is just about 100% of them have never had one on thier car,so they are just saying what other's are saying....
A guy on thier '4Doorlife' just installed one in his car and he said it best.
He said he hooked it up went for a drive and was like ok cool.Then he unhooked it went for a drive and he said 'I couldn't wait to get back home and hook it up again'.Nicely put I thought.
I wasn't going to put mine in and sell it cause of what everyone said about them but Honestly I Love it and I'm so use to it now I know it wont 'feel' the same without it.Again no real power gains but it feels so good (smooth).

PHD
09-06-2007, 10:42 AM
No I installed the MSD 1 1/2 years after the plugs and leads.I've done a couple of mods to my engine like Custom Intake,2" Exhaust (stock Header) and FPR.Honestly it makes for a real smooth running,accelerating car.
I've been posting on D-series.org for a bit and Everyone says they are a waste of money but the thing is just about 100% of them have never had one on thier car,so they are just saying what other's are saying....
A guy on thier '4Doorlife' just installed one in his car and he said it best.
He said he hooked it up went for a drive and was like ok cool.Then he unhooked it went for a drive and he said 'I couldn't wait to get back home and hook it up again'.Nicely put I thought.
I wasn't going to put mine in and sell it cause of what everyone said about them but Honestly I Love it and I'm so use to it now I know it wont 'feel' the same without it.Again no real power gains but it feels so good (smooth).

can oyu take some pics for your MSD? do you have parts number and how much is it?

PHD

beeza
09-06-2007, 06:32 PM
I bought mine from Ebay,it's the cheapest place.It consists of:
MSD Ignition Box
External Coil
Modified Distributor Cap
Also I Installed a Capacitor between the box and the battery,the Capacitore is rated at 47,000 micro ferrands.Sorry I havent got the contact where I bought this...It will stop your MSD Box from frying in the case of electrical surges i.e Jump starting the car.
On Ebay it will say which box suits your application.
I used the HVC (High Voltage)External Coil but it's over kill...A Blaster 2 Coil is fine.
MSD dosen't make a Modified distributor cap for the D16y4 so I had to modify mine using a "Power Tower"-It's easy to do,just looks hard...
This is the Box (red one at back) and The External coil.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/DSCF1278-1.jpg

The Capacitor:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/DSCF1200.jpg

SHIFTY
09-06-2007, 06:54 PM
i hope u drive with a filter at the end of that intake piping!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, otherwise goodbye engine!

beeza
09-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Ha Ha,Offcoarse...

10-06-2007, 04:13 PM
need to clean up those wirring, cops will easy give you yellow for that :) *just my 2cents

beeza
11-06-2007, 09:53 AM
need to clean up those wirring, cops will easy give you yellow for that :) *just my 2cents

It is much cleaner.That was just the install but really they can give you a Yellow for wiring.Do you mean the red and white wires?
I need a half tuck :D