PDA

View Full Version : Broken screwhead on CL9 airbox

take_no_prisoners
07-06-2007, 12:36 PM
PROXY ERROR 101a

martizzle
07-06-2007, 12:54 PM
exactly the same thing happened to me, my airbox is now held down with three of those screw thingys. i personally think three is suffice, it still seals very tightly.

the screw head should eventually fall out.

take_no_prisoners
07-06-2007, 12:59 PM
exactly the same thing happened to me, my airbox is now held down with three of those screw thingys. i personally think three is suffice, it still seals very tightly.

the screw head should eventually fall out.

LOL. Im not too worried about there being only 3 screws, just worried the screwhead might find itself somewhere it shouldnt be. Havn't moved the car yet, might just back it out the driveway and see if it falls out..

corn_flakes
07-06-2007, 01:01 PM
i lost 2 of them.

so my airbox only has 2 screws now.

and i don't think u'll ever find the screw again. LOL

i had no luck...even drove up and down my driveway and nothing fell out...

yfin
07-06-2007, 01:14 PM
i lost 2 of them.

so my airbox only has 2 screws now.

and i don't think u'll ever find the screw again. LOL

i had no luck...even drove up and down my driveway and nothing fell out...

Guys those screws are there to seal the box properly. It is not hard to replace them. I ended up buying a box of relpacements from bunnings as I lost a few too. I wouldn't worry if you drop them in the engine bay - they will eventually fall onto the road. But I definately wouldn't leave the box without all 4 screws.

take_no_prisoners
07-06-2007, 01:40 PM
I found the screwhead sitting at the bottom. It did break off but it was a very very clean break. Might let the Honda dudes know when I bring it in for next service.

corn_flakes
07-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Guys those screws are there to seal the box properly. It is not hard to replace them. I ended up buying a box of relpacements from bunnings as I lost a few too. I wouldn't worry if you drop them in the engine bay - they will eventually fall onto the road. But I definately wouldn't leave the box without all 4 screws.

where did u find them in bunnings?

i looked all over the nuts&screws section for a replacement, and couldn't find them...:(

got a pic of the box? part number? :D

and hmm, i've been driving the car with just 2 screws in the airbox for about 5 mths now...hope it aint too dusty inside...:confused:

corn_flakes
07-06-2007, 05:44 PM
and oh, what's the diameter of the screw/bolt?

take_no_prisoners
07-06-2007, 07:27 PM
I too would like to know, but how the hell am I going to get the long part of the screw out of the bottom of the airbox? The others don't seem to come out, they unscrew but they still stay stuck to the top of the airbox so they don't fall out and get lost (if you know what I mean).

yfin
07-06-2007, 07:39 PM
where did u find them in bunnings?

i looked all over the nuts&screws section for a replacement, and couldn't find them...:(

got a pic of the box? part number? :D

and hmm, i've been driving the car with just 2 screws in the airbox for about 5 mths now...hope it aint too dusty inside...:confused:

Just take the OEM screw with you to bunnings and find something of the same length and thread. It is a common size.

tron07
08-06-2007, 08:38 AM
Repco should have them.... I see they have lots of bits and pieces or screws, clips, etc....

J-TODA
08-06-2007, 01:13 PM
yer there not that expensive...easily replaceable...yep dont leave all four screws off like arrong said..haha mgiht giv u hectic induction noise...dosnet aid engine wise..=]

corn_flakes
08-06-2007, 07:45 PM
haha i didn't leave all 4 off...still have 2 in there...

and i just hear slight vibration noises when my engine shudders a bit...lol

yfin
08-06-2007, 08:11 PM
haha i didn't leave all 4 off...still have 2 in there...

and i just hear slight vibration noises when my engine shudders a bit...lol

That isn't good either!