PDA

View Full Version : dvd player in euro

kenny
07-06-2007, 06:24 PM
hi there guys, i'm planning on putting on a dvd head unit.. do any of you know where i can mount this unit on? i know normally ppl install their normal cd headunit at the bottom of the original stereo where the empty compartment is, but i find this a ridiculous place to install the tv screen as you cant really see much of it hahaha.. and plus when the tv folds in n out, i think it might hit the gearknob.. so if there is someone out there who does have a dvd player in their euro, can you please post a pic of it.. any ideas from anyone very much appreciated.. tanx..

aaronng
07-06-2007, 06:25 PM
In the headrests. So only your rear passengers can watch it when the car is moving.

kenny
08-06-2007, 12:26 AM
hahaha no thanks, i dont want to put it the headrest.. i wanna put it infront, but not at the roof.. so yeah, that's the hard thing..

adammet04
08-06-2007, 09:21 AM
ive been thinking of way to do this as well.. what about above centre console air vents.. ?

what about a fixed screen in the lower area with the player in glove compartment?

aka_NSX
08-06-2007, 09:56 AM
this is the way to go but the problem is no one can bring this in to AU, but you can always customise it, if you are in Sydney just contact or PM ICACHA, he can definitely help you

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5606&stc=1&d=1181260336

cdjhitman
08-06-2007, 01:40 PM
whaoh, dats not a bad solution but it cud obstruct the view too much

adammet04
08-06-2007, 01:40 PM
the other idea i have been toying with is maybe purchasing a PSP..and having one of those mounts stuck into the lower compartment, the arm would have to be flexible as well,
and then its easy to have it to watch movies or play games with (detachable too so you can keep it safe or take away).

I think this might be a cheaper way to go than outlay the cashola for a major setup..

im not sure how you would hook in its sound into the car audio, some of the movies are hard to hear with the PSP speakers alone.

AKA_NSX, anything can be imported..im sure there is a way ;)

aaronng
08-06-2007, 02:07 PM
whaoh, dats not a bad solution but it cud obstruct the view too much

Please don't watch a DVD while driving. :)

kenny
08-06-2007, 06:20 PM
now that i like alot... hahahha.. that's exactly how i wanted it now.. you think i would have to do anything to my dashboard at all? cos i really dont wanna damage the dashboard in anyway wat so ever just incase i sell it later on.. i'd like to be able to take off the tv without leaving any marks on the dashboard.. is it possible you think? unfortunately i'm in perth, not sydney... tanx

J-TODA
09-06-2007, 12:11 AM
onli guessing bt perhaps u replace the section surroudning the centre console, with the another one designed to include the dvd player slot as shown in the picture...and then replace the oem one afterwards?? jst guessing :p

similar to adding the f6 typhoon oil temp and boost gauges into an xr6 or xr6t.a section of the dash is removed and replaced with modified version to suit the needs.

TEMPTN
12-06-2007, 01:39 PM
ive got a tv installed in my car
single din looks nice :P

Pauly
12-06-2007, 02:40 PM
TEMPTN nice plate my mate wants to get that plate. Is ur car really that low? U must hav coilovers or air.

TEMPTN
12-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Thats the higest my car can go , it can go lower and sit on the chassie :)

tron07
12-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Will you get into trouble with the cops with a TV install like that?

ive got a tv installed in my car
single din looks nice :P

Temptn, I saw your car in Rockdale FF gym before :thumbsup: nice

kenny
13-06-2007, 01:53 AM
how did you put it in your car if i may know? can you post a pic pls.. tanx

TEMPTN
13-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Will you get into trouble with the cops with a TV install like that?

Temptn, I saw your car in Rockdale FF gym before :thumbsup: nice

Nah coz they wont see it its were the storage compartment is change that. most audio shops have the facia for these cars now.
it sits low and opens up to a good level

How long ago did u see my car there

adammet04
13-06-2007, 01:04 PM
I believe that you can have dvd or tv installed front of the driver PROVIDED it is not switched on or playing while the car is moving. the players are usually rigged to the hand brake so that it only comes on when handbrake is engaged (eg when you are stopped).

TEMPTN can you give us dets on your install?

eg like does it hit gear stick or volume control in centre dash ?

pic?

tron07
13-06-2007, 04:42 PM
How long ago did u see my car there

Quite recently... maybe 2 or 3 weeks back

tony1234
13-06-2007, 06:27 PM
The cops are the least of your worries,what about the thieves!:thumbdwn:

TEMPTN
13-06-2007, 11:17 PM
I believe that you can have dvd or tv installed front of the driver PROVIDED it is not switched on or playing while the car is moving. the players are usually rigged to the hand brake so that it only comes on when handbrake is engaged (eg when you are stopped).

TEMPTN can you give us dets on your install?

eg like does it hit gear stick or volume control in centre dash ?

pic?

ive bypassed it so it can work when the cars moving also
dosen't hit the gear stick.. well mines manual so not to sure how it will go in the auto. only thing it hits it the volume knob on the stock unit
no pics as yet

Pauly
14-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Can you setup GPS like this

TYPE-ONE
23-06-2007, 03:09 AM
sounds good

timmeh
24-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Please don't watch a DVD while driving. :)It's enough of a distraction driving with an inbuilt sat nav system going as in the LE NAV.

Takenit2easy
25-06-2007, 10:23 AM
ive bypassed it so it can work when the cars moving also
dosen't hit the gear stick.. well mines manual so not to sure how it will go in the auto. only thing it hits it the volume knob on the stock unit
no pics as yet

Not sure how your insurance works or if your concerned at all but if you have an accident and you have the DVD unit bypassing the handbrake they will not cover you...!!!!

my mate did this in his MR2 spider??? i think it was and he ran up the ass of another car and he wasn't covered...!!!

so just be carefull i have a dvd in my BMW and was always going to bypass the handbrake but after hearing this story thought better of it...!

just my 2 cents

ThEbLaCk
11-02-2008, 12:33 PM
I am planning to put another head unit in my euro as well. if anyone has done it could you please post some pics please?
is it possible that an extra dvd player put into the compartment can connect to the buttons so the player can be controler by the car control buttons (eg the vol on the steering wheel)?

Miz_II_Die_IV
12-02-2008, 02:33 AM
can u email me some pics of ur tv temptn... still dying to see ur car...

ICACHA
13-02-2008, 07:01 PM
this is the way to go but the problem is no one can bring this in to AU, but you can always customise it, if you are in Sydney just contact or PM ICACHA, he can definitely help you

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5606&stc=1&d=1181260336

Thanks Laski,

For those interested, yes we do custom work, we can do anything. :D

We will only be interested in doing custom work for those who have 1. Time and 2. money.

some examples...

tony1234
13-02-2008, 07:57 PM
I can recommend these guys,they did some audio work on my car.:thumbsup:

ICACHA
14-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Cheers Tony :)

cutchorama
22-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Have you installed double DIN into a euro yet?

Can you send me some pics if you have :D

ICACHA
22-02-2008, 06:59 PM
already done 2 for laski, ask him for pics :)

cutchorama
22-02-2008, 08:11 PM
I thought he had an odyssey? I have seen the pics of the one in his dash and the one on the roof. Impressive.

I just bought a G4, thinking of the optimal place for it. Wish you were in Brisbane...

ICACHA
22-02-2008, 09:34 PM
see drew at northfield, tell him george from precision recommended you there...

yeah laski owns an odyssey and nsx and mini and and and LMAO

i did 2 jobs for him a while back, one had a panasonic tube double din and the other was a pioneer from memory, sux trying to modify a single din fascia which is curved to house a double din unit :(

aka_NSX
22-02-2008, 09:50 PM
yup, he has done 2 for me, but actually you can buy a double din facer direct from japan complete with all the bracket, see pic ....... no modified

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/3196/dsc01987fd7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

hooyn
22-02-2008, 11:47 PM
omg omg thats hot