PDA

View Full Version : car wont start at all

urtwhistle
08-07-2004, 03:49 PM
hey i was just playing round wiht my car trying to figure out which cylinder wasnt firing buy pulling off the spark plug leads, well that was my intention.

i pulled the 1st lead off while it was running and it stopped dead. and it wont start now, it just turns over normly. i cant find any blowen fuzes or any thing.

a quick reply would be great

cheers
chris

Psyklops
08-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Dunno but it sounds like maybe your coil has died? just a suggestion

urtwhistle
08-07-2004, 04:13 PM
the auto electrician said that its probly the coil , or the coil and a whole heap of the electronic ignition .

ie i think im screwed.

vtecinaccord
08-07-2004, 04:36 PM
if it is the coil you have to buy the whole unit . you cant just purchase the individual parts from Honda.. I had this happen in my old Civic Si, it really ****s you over
We had too tow it home with a rope tired around behind the headlight on the metal.. because my aftermarket front bar had no tow holes, bad mistake...

[[d a n n y]]
08-07-2004, 04:36 PM
that was very stupid pull the plug while running :?

well i think u might have ta check ur dizzy..or starter motor

urtwhistle
09-07-2004, 12:32 PM
nah starter is fine, yeah i think it is the coil since every thing is turning over fine but just not firing.

Spoon-Accord
09-07-2004, 02:45 PM
where bout's u located???

Ken

ECU-MAN
09-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Pulling leads off EFi cars really isnt a good Idea.

could be coil or igniter

urtwhistle
09-07-2004, 09:46 PM
im in perth mate.

yeah i relise its a bad thing now. im used to old cars. were u pull half the engine off and it will still keep going.
my dads gonna throw the car on the car trailer and we are gonna take to deering autronics a auto electrical place.
hey i got a price on coils for my car $180 genuine honda parts or $80 after market with a trade order .

Breeze
14-07-2004, 06:47 AM
Most likely to be the ignitor. A lot of hondas have their distributors fail due to bearings and hontoys etc should be able to give a an ignitor really cheaply out of one of these failed distributors. I have found a lot of these are transferrable across models and years (ie civic works in a prelude).

urtwhistle
14-07-2004, 01:11 PM
hey, well so far the auto sparky has replaced the coil. rotar and destributar cap and aitr filter.

the reason why it started running rough was the rotar came off the shafft and was mashing the inside of the destributar.
he has now found that with this fixed it wants to start but just wont. he was checking the timing belt and it was sooo loose he could pull it off the pully with out undooing it.
god its gettting expensive.

ECU-MAN
14-07-2004, 07:31 PM
doesnt take long to add up $$$$$ does it :(

urtwhistle
14-07-2004, 09:09 PM
im thinking along the cheap side of 800 at the min

4thGenExi
25-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Similar thing happened to me recently. Coil died but it took the entire ignition module with it (in my car this also contains the distributor I believe). Starter motor would kick all day but no pulse. Towed the car to an auto elec, and $590 she's back on the road. Cleaned me out for 3 weeks :(