PDA

View Full Version : paint code.

gbang007
08-06-2007, 12:13 AM
anyone know the paint code for this colour? i am pretty sure that its B74P – Adriatic blue pearl but can someone confirm? coz i got my lips etc painted by a mate but the colour came out a bit more purple than blue and is quite noticable. he is a qualified panel beater but does it from home. he doesnt have colour matching equipment i dont think. so i gave him my front bumper to match the new paint to as close as possible but he is having trouble or something so he is coming over in the morning to have a look under the bonnet for another code as he said that the code i gave him from the logbook which is the same as above is sometimes wrongly written or wrong altogether. so he is going to his paint supplier tomorrow to try and work things out but being a qualified panel beater, shouldn't he be able to mix these colours or something? or shouldn't they? i know the colour wont be an exact match but i've seen better than what i was getting today.

Ph@t-G
08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Have you checked the paint coded plate on the driver's side b-pillar? If it's not there, I'm pretty sure you can confirm the colour code from your VIN.

yourfather
08-06-2007, 10:53 AM
yeah thats the way to do it

the adriatic blue pearl is hard to paint too man, you gotta spray it in the right direction otherwise the pearl makes it look strange