PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for 3rd service (it should be 20k service, but car at 15k atm)

denot
08-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Hi all...

need quick suggestion...

I'm abt to do my 3rd service (around 15k) soon on my 2006 Sports, and confused should i:
1. Bring back to Honda dealer and pay $$$ just for minor service
2. Bring it to my usual mechanic (Top One)

The thing is they disapointed me with my 1st service (1k) which they left a screwdriver, a knife!!! (yes they did), and they didnt wash my car (they sed "the car was washed at the moment, so it will be ready in a minute" when I came to pick it up). The second service was also not a good expirience, they didnt even want to check my wheel balance and ask me that they will do it for around $150ish (cant remember the exact).

So I really want to just bring my car to Top One (go dedy!) but still scared about voiding warranty and stuff... Is it worthed to bring it back to Honda? Is it worthed to pay the big bucks?

Comments pls

denot
18-06-2007, 01:28 PM
bumpz?

andyhui01
18-06-2007, 01:42 PM
^I spoke to my local mechanic before about servicing my car, he said because he was certification and stuff, if he does the service (minor service) and stamps it in the book with his shop name, contact number license number etc and signs, it wouldn't void warranty, according to him alot of new cars service with him and no had a problem with warranty.

But I suggest you go back to Honda for major service, ie anything more than changing engine oil and filter.

simonnowis
18-06-2007, 07:20 PM
which honda service dealer was it?? i reckon its a waste of money going to the honda dealer, any good servicing place will record it on your log book for the service costing you alot less. go to midas or ultratune which are pretty cheap and reliable. honda in general is a ripp off.