PDA

View Full Version : CIVIC - black lights.

funksta
08-06-2007, 11:34 AM
hey everyone

just wanted to know if any one has any websites other than ebay where you can get sick ass black head and tail lights like in the image here?
I got that image off ebay, some guy in america wanting to charge 170 bucks to ship to australia.

Thanks guys :thumbsup: :wave:

simonnowis
08-06-2007, 02:25 PM
try srsauto.com.au, carmate.com.au
please rate me if not too much trouble funksta. thanks

funksta
08-06-2007, 02:51 PM
thanks mate
i know car mate, they have some good stuff there, but if you go in the shop and ask for something they dont have, they wont order it.
but that srsauto site seems good. its actually .com if anyone else is looking.

i think they have the one i want, but theres no photo. So i might have to send an email or something

but yeh, thanks mate...

any one else?
keep 'em coming.

Fo55il
08-06-2007, 05:38 PM
welll where r u from ?
if u from melbourne theres a few shops round springy, boxhill - one is cyber century - they preety good - sell sonar brand -

be aware that the halo's in the lights die out sumtym's - changin them is a real bit**.

good luck tho -

yourfather
08-06-2007, 05:43 PM
please keep your civic stock

scyt7e
08-06-2007, 06:33 PM
please keep your civic stock

ahha JDM is the best i rkn ,but evrey1 to their own taste i used to have halos as well but went to the stock style lights just black, just a heads up as mentinoed before they are a pain in the ass to fix if the halos stuff up, also, dont get the cheap ones, they tend to not be put together well and have leaks, you end up with nice moisture inside and before you know it its nicely damaged on the inside :thumbsup:

just remember we get what we pay for :angel:

Drew
08-06-2007, 08:00 PM
How many times do I have to bring this up...

Those lights are not road legal in Australia... if you get those lights I will smash them with a baseball bat if I see your car as you will blind absolutely everybody on the road at night with them

They can not be adopted to RHD from LHD despite what the **** nut selling them tells you
Maybe I should make a thread and get it stickied... Seriously like the 4th time this week

scyt7e
08-06-2007, 08:25 PM
good point drew, but the lights which CAN be adjusted enough so the right hand side is lower than the left, had a friend who got some and they managed to get his lights to project lower on the right but that involved taking the entire assembly apart. :thumbsup: cost a heck of a lot more though and yeah if you get them from the states its almost guaranteed the right lamp will project into oncoming cars :(

NeoNode
08-06-2007, 09:02 PM
good point drew, but the lights which CAN be adjusted enough so the right hand side is lower than the left, had a friend who got some and they managed to get his lights to project lower on the right but that involved taking the entire assembly apart. :thumbsup: cost a heck of a lot more though and yeah if you get them from the states its almost guaranteed the right lamp will project into oncoming cars :(
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1154326&postcount=15

funksta
10-06-2007, 06:39 PM
yeah, Drew, i know about buying them from the states, thats why i made this thread so i can find out where to get some good ones in australia from, so theyre legal. I got some tail lights from america and didnt even realise the blinker was red 'til i got it. i had them on for over 2 yrs until i got defected (luckily i didnt get a fine), but yeh, dont wanna get one next time.

Dont really care about the halo or how they really look, just want some decent black head lights, as my stock ones have that moisture inside and it looks disgusting... and the black looks nice on a black civic (which mine is)

So yep, if anyone else has any sites (pref from Sydney) where i can go take a look, that'd be awesome.

Thanks guys for all your comments so far.

yourfather
10-06-2007, 06:40 PM
why dont you pull your OEM ones apart and tidy them up.

Drew
10-06-2007, 07:18 PM
yeah, Drew, i know about buying them from the states, thats why i made this thread so i can find out where to get some good ones in australia from, so theyre legal. I got some tail lights from america and didnt even realise the blinker was red 'til i got it. i had them on for over 2 yrs until i got defected (luckily i didnt get a fine), but yeh, dont wanna get one next time.

Dont really care about the halo or how they really look, just want some decent black head lights, as my stock ones have that moisture inside and it looks disgusting... and the black looks nice on a black civic (which mine is)

So yep, if anyone else has any sites (pref from Sydney) where i can go take a look, that'd be awesome.

Thanks guys for all your comments so far.

Japan would probably be your best shot; as most stuff here is from America... Make sure that it is NOT DOT rated/certified/compliant/anything as that means they are American
Unsure how it is in Australia but in New Zealand you are allowed red rear blinkers

yourfather
10-06-2007, 07:22 PM
amber only in aus

dupac->
13-06-2007, 12:20 AM
How many times do I have to bring this up...

Those lights are not road legal in Australia... if you get those lights I will smash them with a baseball bat if I see your car as you will blind absolutely everybody on the road at night with them

They can not be adopted to RHD from LHD despite what the **** nut selling them tells you
Maybe I should make a thread and get it stickied... Seriously like the 4th time this week

X2 :thumbsup:

EK4R
14-06-2007, 03:05 AM
mate just pull it apart and DIY it yourself man

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=750941#post750941

or if you want. i got a friend who is selling his black headlights OEM Style ... 50 bux :D lol

steve88
14-06-2007, 02:41 PM
mate just pull it apart and DIY it yourself man

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=750941#post750941

or if you want. i got a friend who is selling his black headlights OEM Style ... 50 bux :D lol
really?? can he post too sydney?