PDA

View Full Version : How well will this go?

hondavti25
08-06-2007, 01:52 PM
hey guys just wanna know how well this would go in my EJ8 full 2.5" exhuast with a high flow cat Skunk2 Intake manifold and a CAI with a K&N pod with it tuned with a Vafc
its something to go with while i wait for a turbo set up in the next year or so.

fishman
08-06-2007, 01:56 PM
full sick, it would. you'll be almost as fast as me. check out my kill list below for proof!

on a side note, that's a stupid question with no answer. your car will go this |--------------| well .

xtercii
08-06-2007, 02:30 PM
What do you mean by how well would it go? It’s like asking ppl how would I feel after eating a bowl of pho, how do you answer this…

czy_sol87
08-06-2007, 02:33 PM
fish man is right though, how are ppl surpost to know how ur car is gonna run after these mods...
CAI is a good mod, and will increase response
so is the high flow cat...
2.5" exhaust is a little big for the d-series, might lose power, u said ur gonna go turbo...the 2.5" is ok for turbo, but u'll gain more with 3", up to u though
also the skunks2 IM, more air but no way to use it, ie cams
so all these mods might increase power, might not

hondavti25
08-06-2007, 02:49 PM
k yeah sorry was just after really is it money well spent or not and the exhuast is 2 and 1/4 sorry its in atm i am getting a better quality when i go turbo so ill be 3 when i am turbo but yeah so you wouldnt get the SKunk2 until turbo?

JasonGilholme
08-06-2007, 02:58 PM
i think you should just save all that money for a turbo kit.

all that gear thats "just to get you by.." would almost add up to a basic bolt on kit anyway.

czy_sol87
08-06-2007, 03:20 PM
i think you should just save all that money for a turbo kit.

all that gear thats "just to get you by.." would almost add up to a basic bolt on kit anyway.

well said jas...
leave it the way it is and save the money for ur turbo kit, theres no point spending $400 on a IM, CAI, VAFC and a tune when ur gonna turbo it within the next year
all these mods will add up to $1k or more...
with the turbo kit, ur gonna have to sell, most of the parts anyway, u cant use the CAI, exhaust, not recomended to use the VAFC for tunning of a turbo setup...

fishman
08-06-2007, 03:40 PM
what did i say. agreed with everyone else here, don't bother wasting your money when you're gonna fully sick turbo it anyways.

You should spend that money on a nice set of 18" chromies. Then you're only a turbo away from subwoofer sick yo!

bennjamin
12-06-2007, 07:21 PM
another honest opinon.
Your car is a SOHC 1.6 - nothing short of a turob kit will make any more power on it. The mods you listed will give a nicer and smoother feel to the car but thats it.

simonnowis
14-06-2007, 09:33 PM
i reckon its a waste of money if your goner go turbo. you might need bigger piping, like 2.5inch if your turbo. not too sure. dont have much knowledge on turbo. anyway with that setup atm ull loose torque with 2 1/4 and if the cold air intake piping is too long ull again loose more torque.
just an axelback for now should be fine, then get the setup after u go turbo.
otherwise ur wasting your money, as the setup will be pretty costy

hondavti25
14-06-2007, 10:16 PM
well atm i just have a pod on the end of wher my air box was and cat back installed with no cat so yeah ... and i havnt really felt a loose at all a couple mates think its a lil quicker nothing drematic but yeah just a couple comments

well could any one suggest NA mods that CAN be used in a turbo set up that will boost my preformance a lil just to have a lil more fun maybe a light wieght fly wheel ? or something?

Dell99
14-06-2007, 10:34 PM
if ur going to go turbo and all. Y not just spend the money on getting better brakes first, won't make it go faster but surely its something that needs to be done later

hondavti25
14-06-2007, 10:38 PM
if ur going to go turbo and all. Y not just spend the money on getting better brakes first, won't make it go faster but surely its something that needs to be done later

mm yeah aggreed even now the ej8 brakes arent to strong i find in certain conditions although ive driven in worse but when you say new brakes ... meaning? new pads calibars what? convertion from drum to disk at the rear?

simonnowis
15-06-2007, 01:06 AM
if the exhaust piping sizing is too large you will def loose torque however you will gain abit of topend speed. is really depends on what you like. but getting a reasonable size exhaust is recommended, not too large.
hey u said u have no cat? isnt it illegal to not have a cat installed?
u can get better front brakes, for the conversion rear disc brakes its not goner be so easy.
good luck on ur car though, i love a modded civic coupe.

hondavti25
15-06-2007, 10:07 AM
sorry i have the stock cat installed atm but i havnt got an after market one as yet looking at an xforce one maybe

simonnowis
15-06-2007, 10:12 AM
get magnaflow, i heard they are pretty good. pricey though. i saw on ebay someone selling 2 new magnaflow cats for 150. i was goner purchase one, but decided to sell my car so pointless. try to get one for cheap if you can, aftermarket will always be better then stock in exhaust flow. since your goner get turbo you might need bigger piping so ull be wasting money. only spend on stuff u would keep after going turbo. maybe cosmetic like recaro bucket seats or sumthing. lol

hondavti25
15-06-2007, 10:34 AM
for the price of some of those seats i can get half a turbo set up :P and in that kinda thing i am got skunk2 shortshifter maybe some new apexi lcd guauges or something ...

15-06-2007, 11:10 AM
better of saving ur money up, get a decent turbo kit and built ur engine.

dont bother getting any thing yet, if you going to turbo it next year. Save ur money first. then blow it when the plan began :).

when you are getting ur item now, the chance of it getting removed and sold again is big. it happen to me LOL !!!... I changed my Exhaust system like 3 times =.= a nice 1000 bucks gone to nothing :( Tuned VAFC gone to the drain too damn .. i lose like $2000 worth of part and labours coz im upgrading to TURBO.

Well my point is, keep ur car engine bay as is. dont bother getting any thing yet. you might want to upgrade ur brakes and rims, or some light interior, ie. bucket seats :p LOL

*hope it helps*

simonnowis
15-06-2007, 11:15 AM
haha yeh, i dont know why the hell i spent 1100 on exhaust and alarm on my car a month ago when im selling the car now.. making a loss from the mods plus loss from sale. lol

15-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Big boys toy is expensive huh? LOL .. that is car, once you got the common type of sickness "MODIFYING SYNDROME" nothing cant stop it LOL !!

well.. insted of having a Throttle body, get ur self a Good Boost controller LOL!! or a nice ECU to hold the turbo instead of VAFC :p

eKKy
15-06-2007, 02:25 PM
EJ8 brakes aren't that bad. Having said that, upgrade at least the rear drums to discs or a get ITR brake upgrade package if you're gonna go turbo.

Also depends what direction you wanna go with your car, the other mods you can perform. eg. handling, ICE etc.

hondavti25
15-06-2007, 03:46 PM
yeah well to fill yas in my plan is
2-3 bolt on kit greddy or revhard one of the 2
upgrade cooling
upgrade brakes when i can afford it
lower it and rims
then maybe seats if i feel like i havnt spent enough lol
then latter on internals act to get more power

simonnowis
17-06-2007, 01:38 AM
i dont really know much about the bolt on turbo, but you should really think about the brakes. do the ej8 come with rear drums or disc? im thinking drums from what i remember..correct me if im wrong. but anyway you'll need better brakes to compensate the power. wouldnt wanna get into an accident and have your whole project wrecked.