PDA

View Full Version : PICKED up My 2007 Honda VTI -Air Bag Light ON???

Jordan
08-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey guys

Finally picked up my partners Honda yesterday, i checked everything out at the dealer look pretty sweet. The roof and leather looks shweet :thumbsup:

While the dealer was running through the normal stuff with my partner i notice that she has already stated the car but the air bag light did not turn off. Surely they should have checked that shit before I came down, I thing it must have been the guys that did the leather not connecting something up under the seat.

few guys came out looking over the car, there were no tecs as was about 30min before closing time. So now we have to go back for them to get the light off. Pain in the A#@.

But besides that everything is fine.

andyhui01
08-06-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't mean to be rude but if everything will be sorted out tomorrow what is the point of this thread?

R123
09-06-2007, 12:00 AM
heheh good one. ^

guess hes very happy of his new ride and likes to share with us here.

cheeers

ECU-MAN
09-06-2007, 10:18 AM
look at it like this

you order the car, so they get one in for you

the tech's do the predelivery, check every thing and make sure its all ok.

then the car goes to the detailer

then the car goes out to have any aftermarket stuff done. sometimes they go to the dealership to add aftermarket stuff. If these guys mess up and cause a problem then unfortunaltly you cant really rely on the sales dept to pick up a fault as the work shop was done with the car ages ago.

I know its not nice, but im sure they will fix it for you.

Jordan
10-06-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't mean to be rude but if everything will be sorted out tomorrow what is the point of this thread?

Just wanted to let you guys know or share what’s happened when we picked the car up, is that not what the forum is for sharing knowledge and experiences??? If you don't like what your ready click off!!

For the rest thanks for the comments, yeah they ended up fixing it there was a wire that was not connected properly when the seats were put back in.

EGBenny
10-06-2007, 03:20 PM
On newer cars whenever a airbag is disconnected at any time the airbag light will come on until cleared. The guys must have forgotten to clear the fault, no big deal.

phil3842
10-06-2007, 05:23 PM
yeah well i picked up my 97 hatch and the guy said the the passanger srs is stuffed. but the funny thing is it dont have passanger srs

chylld
10-06-2007, 08:03 PM
you shouldn't have taken delivery of the car. the dealers will do their best to clear cars off the floor, especially compared to service centres... although i guess in this case it is a relatively simple fix that the service centre should be capable of.

it may also be nothing... my airbag light once came on as well for no reason (while driving) and i've heard the same happen to others.

one of those quirks with these new civics :)

shadou
10-06-2007, 10:33 PM
lol a competitor for the 27(?) problemed civic?
Easy fix don't stress over it. Nice purchase though love the shape of the new civic never gets old.

Jordan
12-06-2007, 08:53 AM
yeah thanks guys, all is well now.

I'm not sure if enybody else experiance ther boot light not working??? When i opened the boot... no light. I got them to fix this as well. Apparently he had to backtrack the wire to the switch which was not working.