PDA

View Full Version : Civic Type R $39,990 + On Roads

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Sidor
14-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Is the CTR limited to 800 vehicles for this year ???? as I walked in to my local honda dealer and thats what they told me ???? $44950RRP drive away

It was 1200 CTR in the first year ...
but the thing is how many of the they will be able to sell ?
Will see in a cpouple of weeks when Honda publish their sales figures for July at the beginning of August.

Moya
15-07-2007, 01:38 PM
It'll be limited to whatever the dodgy car salesmen says to make you think you won't get a discount.

duvet
15-07-2007, 03:43 PM
agreed moya xD
i'm sure honda dealers can go lower then 44k, just wait till the end of year when demand should begin to cool down.

Tofu
15-07-2007, 04:21 PM
She has her eye on the 1 series BMW but its just garbage for a stupid amount of money. The build quality of the CTR is far superior however she wants 4 doors and automatic. I'm taking her to the Volkswagen dealership next week and hopefully she will see how much better the golf is than the 1 series after a test drive.

what model 1 series are you looking at?
I have a 120i and I do admit the quality of the new model BMW are a little disappointing...but I have seen worse. If she's all about interior quality, then go buy a VW Golf...but the Golf doesn't drive like a 1 Series I can assure you that ;)

m0nty ITR
15-07-2007, 08:20 PM
with this money what you will get is a 3 door Gti with no option at all and it is still heavier than the type r. I think its a very good value for money

I'm sales manager at a VW dealership and the 3 door GTI is far superior in straightline speed and everyday driving to the new Civic Type R. It can be had for around the same price. The Honda dealership up the road from us wouldn't even let me sit in the Type R Civic. Damn fool arrogant idiots. I agree with comments that the EU CTR is too heavy for it's motor. That, and it's ugly as sin in my opinion.

e240
15-07-2007, 08:41 PM
The Honda dealership up the road from us wouldn't even let me sit in the Type R Civic. Damn fool arrogant idiots.

Yeah! Honda Sux ever since they took on American Nicky Hayden - Luckily my car's still from the Mick Doohan era...Thats when they made real cars. :D

fasthonda
15-07-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm sales manager at a VW dealership and the 3 door GTI is far superior in straightline speed and everyday driving to the new Civic Type R. It can be had for around the same price. The Honda dealership up the road from us wouldn't even let me sit in the Type R Civic. Damn fool arrogant idiots. I agree with comments that the EU CTR is too heavy for it's motor. That, and it's ugly as sin in my opinion.
We need more comments like the one above.I reckon before christmas there should be an abundant supply of CTRs that we'll be able to buy for $39,990-drive away.:)

Oh!,by the way,the Honda dealership should not have acted in that way.:thumbdwn:

CTR Coupe
15-07-2007, 09:19 PM
what model 1 series are you looking at?
I have a 120i and I do admit the quality of the new model BMW are a little disappointing...but I have seen worse. If she's all about interior quality, then go buy a VW Golf...but the Golf doesn't drive like a 1 Series I can assure you that ;)

looking at a 120i and for 45k without sunroof and alloys i thought value for money was pretty poor. rear seat space seems to be neglected as well i couldn't sit in the back without my legs in the seat in front of me.
id imagine the FR configuration would make a huge difference to the way it drives. haven't driven one as yet. she test drove one a few months ago i told her to wait until she drives the golf and an Audi. i don't trust the reliability of the mid range A3. At the moment I'm pushing the golf.

Tofu
16-07-2007, 12:14 AM
we bought the 120i brand new (32km on the clock) with sunroof and 17" wheels with runflats, floormats, tinting, for $40k drive away... so i guess i can't complain.

CTR Coupe
16-07-2007, 02:50 AM
we bought the 120i brand new (32km on the clock) with sunroof and 17" wheels with runflats, floormats, tinting, for $40k drive away... so i guess i can't complain.

yep that seems reasonable and a good deal compared with what my aunt was offered only a couple of grand off of 50k. must have been trying to take her for a ride. anyway we stop talking about it in this thread since this is the civic type R thread not the 120i thread. :P

Rodney
16-07-2007, 11:34 AM
most dealer wont let you test drive the new type r and they told me that they will only let drive the car if i put the deposit on it.. full crap!!! I just told them that i already test some sports car and they are far more dear than the civic.. i know the civic is a good car but the people who sells it is just exaggerate the car.. marketing that gone bad..

EfiOz
16-07-2007, 11:45 AM
We need more comments like the one above.I reckon before christmas there should be an abundant supply of CTRs that we'll be able to buy for $39,990-drive away.:)

Oh!,by the way,the Honda dealership should not have acted in that way.:thumbdwn:

Ah, I get it.

Yes, they are terrible, don't buy one.:p

Nepolian
16-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Hi guys,

You have to realise that most if not all of the CTR's that have come in to Sydney has had deposits put on from over 6 months ago. So, in regards to the dealerselling them, well....they dont need to as people are buying them without a test drive. Those who need a test drive will just have to wait for when they are available. which is not in the near future as i understand that most in the country are accounted for. As for pricing...each to their own as people are paying for the sob 50K on raod prices....Honda dont need to reduce it. Hey ATM you cant even get a EP3 CTR....there's a waiting list for that too apparently. Anyway enjoy ;)

UNLS1
16-07-2007, 12:45 PM
look at it from a dealers point of view, some bloke wants the CTR for half a day, hes going to go out and give it a good flogging! hell i would!
Its not just honda, ford wont do it with the XR5.

As for not being able to sit in the CTR thats just rubbish i would tell the dealer to GTFO!

We have a demo, we use it alot and anyone can come sit in it ect.

also we dont make people leave deposits b4 a test drive! I know of a few other dealers that dont either, but some that do.

P.s we have one in stock, and another 2 not sold.
lol thats what u get when u live in an older area with lots of old people!

abzndintegra
16-07-2007, 01:03 PM
hey the dealer quoted me $1100 for paint protection do u guys think its worth it?

m0nty ITR
16-07-2007, 01:22 PM
look at it from a dealers point of view, some bloke wants the CTR for half a day, hes going to go out and give it a good flogging! hell i would!
Its not just honda, ford wont do it with the XR5.

As for not being able to sit in the CTR thats just rubbish i would tell the dealer to GTFO!

We have a demo, we use it alot and anyone can come sit in it ect.

I understand where you're coming from because I work at a Volkswagen dealer. We very rarely give people the opportunity to take a GTI or R32 for the day. We certainly take them through a qualifying process first.

The CTR isn't a blessing upon the market. If anything it has missed the hot hatch boat. The market is already saturated with high torque turbo cars like the GTI, XR5, VXR and MPS. The fact that the CTR is over 1,300kgs dismisses the idea that this is a true Type R. If I was to add 150kgs to my Integra it'd be a fairly dull drive too.

I understand why the EU CTR is what it is. That doesn't mean I have to like it. I'll stick with the DC5R for the real thing. It's just a shame we never saw the previous model CTR. It from all reports was a right ball tearer and closer to the ITR experience.

m0nty ITR
16-07-2007, 01:24 PM
hey the dealer quoted me $1100 for paint protection do u guys think its worth it?

Honestly, it's a 15 minutes application of something you can buy for yourself from Auto One and Repco. It's where dealerships make their money. Their plan would've been to add the aftermarket stuff with the idea to give some of it away to retain gross in the car. If you want anything, get a nice window tint with ceramic film. It's better value than this stuff and it's tangible.

UNLS1
16-07-2007, 01:33 PM
it is a bit late but its here anyways. I think it makes the Xr5 and the golf look a lil dated and boring shape wise, those 2 cars blend into the road but the civic stands out! Each to their own.

We had a bloke the otherday wanting to trade his Golf R32 on one.
i take the gti over the r32 anyday but thats another story

Qualifying a customer is a big thing on these cars...I have had a few tyre kickers wanting to go for a joy ride, its easy to pick them out after a few questions...

xtercii
16-07-2007, 01:52 PM
What questions do you ask? Let me learn so I can be a qualified tyre kicker. :D:D

e240
16-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Qualifying a customer is a big thing on these cars...I have had a few tyre kickers wanting to go for a joy ride, its easy to pick them out after a few questions...

Is it? I think the dealers shouldn't pre-judge. I would like to test drive a car to see if it would convince me that I should get a new car. I'm in a financial position where if I liked the car, I could easily pick one up, and I'm talking any car at least up till the Evo or STI price range. How would I be convinced that I want the car until I've had the chance to test it proper?

I've had that bad experience at Hornsby Honda because I think they've categorised me as a tyre kicker and they've not even the courtesy to talk to me in the showroom. Maybe they prejudged me on my 93 EG Civic. :wave:

VW, Peugot, Mazda - They were good but unfortunately, I didn't really like the cars as I felt it was no improvement in performance from my Civic..Hahaha...More comfortable yes, but...hahaha....

m0nty ITR
16-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Is it? I think the dealers shouldn't pre-judge. I would like to test drive a car to see if it would convince me that I should get a new car. I'm in a financial position where if I liked the car, I could easily pick one up, and I'm talking any car at least up till the Evo or STI price range. How would I be convinced that I want the car until I've had the chance to test it proper?

I've had that bad experience at Hornsby Honda because I think they've categorised me as a tyre kicker and they've not even the courtesy to talk to me in the showroom. Maybe they prejudged me on my 93 EG Civic. :wave:

VW, Peugot, Mazda - They were good but unfortunately, I didn't really like the cars as I felt it was no improvement in performance from my Civic..Hahaha...More comfortable yes, but...hahaha....

Guess which Honda dealership wouldn't let me sit in the CTR. ;)

You can put 2 and 2 together as to which VW dealer I work at now too.

Qualifying is a bad word. Let's use "consulting". Our aim when "consulting" customers is to find out what they do and don't like about their current car and the one they're looking to replace. It's not that we're deeming you worthy for a test drive or not. To be honest, why the hell wouldn't I want someone to test drive a GTI? It's one of the best cars around for the money and makes the WRX look like something from the 20th century. There is no comparison when it comes to refinement and build quality.

I'm curious as to why you thought the CTR would fulfill what the MPS and GTI could not. It's not really on their level for street performance. and driveability.

e240
16-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Guess which Honda dealership wouldn't let me sit in the CTR. ;)
You can put 2 and 2 together as to which VW dealer I work at now too.
I'm curious as to why you thought the CTR would fulfill what the MPS and GTI could not. It's not really on their level for street performance. and driveability.

That was when I was toying with the idea of getting a new car. Unfortunately I didn't really like the VW Gti (Great car but I just didn't like it),the Mazda 6 was good but didn't really turn me on (Haha), The Peugot 180 Gti was just terrible and I couldn't get a test drive of the Type S. Subaru booked me in for the Sti, but I had to cancel, no time again...

Well, I also only tried the showrooms around my area as it was convenient.
Hmmm...let me venture a guess, there's an S15 outside your workplace and there used to be a corolla sportivo.

I haven't tried asking for a test Drive in the new Type R - No time.
But I will be curious to see how good it really is compared to the others.

But anyways, I will probably be in a market in the next few months to get a 4 door!!! :-p The new Evo!!

m0nty ITR
16-07-2007, 06:34 PM
The S15 and Sportivo are Chris and Tom's cars. They're now both insanely jealous of the Teg but Chris thinks he'll have it covered at Wakefield in September. He hasn't seen the shopping list for the Teg to be fitted in the next 2 weeks. ;)

The guys at HH are pretty damn rude. I try just that little bit harder when people mention that they're comparing Jetta to Euro knowing that.

I actually saw one of the sales guys in the CTR the other day nearly come unstuck up past Toyota. Some people are complete muppets behind the wheel of a car.

UNLS1
16-07-2007, 07:02 PM
as far as im concerened everyone who walks into my showroom is goingt o buy a car and has no budget, if they have shocking clothes, no shoes wat ever, they are a potential customer. I dont care what car they drive either, hell ive even sold a car to a bloke who came in on a push bike lol

Being doin this job for 3 years u can usually sus out the tyre kickers and they are many ways and questions to weed them out.

yfin
16-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Too many people expect to be able to walk into a show room and test drive the car within 10 minutes of arriving.

I always telephone the dealership days in advance and make an appointment (at a time that suits the car dealer). Usually they tell me to come first thing on Saturday morning.

Make the effort, commit to an appointment, be professional and you will always get a test drive.

UNLS1
16-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Too many people expect to be able to walk into a show room and test drive the car within 10 minutes of arriving.

I always telephone the dealership well in advance and make an appointment.

Make the effort, commit to an appointment, be professional and you will always get a test drive.

Well said, well said indeed. :thumbsup:

m0nty ITR
16-07-2007, 08:37 PM

I always telephone the dealership days in advance and make an appointment (at a time that suits the car dealer). Usually they tell me to come first thing on Saturday morning.

Great advice. We're expected to be professional. You wouldn't turn up to a doctor unannounced. If you want to be given the time, we'll make it - gut when we're running round like headless chickens on the weekend appointments take priority.

e240
16-07-2007, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=UNLS1;1259149]as far as im concerened everyone who walks into my showroom is goingt o buy a car and has no budget, if they have shocking clothes, no shoes wat ever, they are a potential customer. I dont care what car they drive either, hell ive even sold a car to a bloke who came in on a push bike lol
[QUOTE]

Thats good attitude...

I used to fly biz class wearing berms and sneakers (Hey! Long flights have to be comfortable)

Have also been shouted at by airport security a couple of times that I'm in the wrong area and then been profusedly apologized to as well..LOL.

e240
16-07-2007, 09:57 PM

Well, if they don't talk to you in the first place, how can you even make an appointment?

My experience at VW, Mazda & Subaru was that they explained why they couldn't arrange the TD that day tand asked if i were willing to make an appt. Thats the way it should be.

xenfacta
16-07-2007, 11:06 PM
ive never had any issues test driving cars and im 19... wen the VE commodore first came out i drove a brand new $60K ss, bmws a couple of other nice things... i must look like a very trustworthy individual lol....or they assume daddys money :P

Spicey
17-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Well I got my test drive of the new CTR last nite and I am impressed! Sure its not as "hard edged" as previous Type R's but there is something about it which is special, it still begs you to drive it like all previous hi-po Honda's!

It looks 100 times better in the flesh rather than in photos and the interior is something else!!!

Comparing it to the other two "new school hot hatches" I have driven (XR5 & Astra Turbo) I actually think it feels quicker, especially in the first couple of gears. People say it has no power low in the rev range, but try driving the Astra or Focus off boost!

The sound and handling is awesome but im not a big fan of the high seating position.

Seems weird having a Type R with all these features but it does appeal to me! Auto rain sensing wipers, dual zone climate control, Heated mirrors, VSA. But I think thats where the Type RR comes in, majoroty of people want a car loaded with features (The new CTR) but there are a select few who want a stripped out race car (the CTRR)

In conclusion, I agree this isn't the CTR we all wanted to see but give it a go, it is a damn good car! Thumbs up to Honda!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Khrome
17-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Here Here!!:thumbsup:

CTR Coupe
18-07-2007, 05:20 PM

I always telephone the dealership days in advance and make an appointment

The Honda Dealer was the only dealer we called before turning up and he was actually ruder than the other dealerships we dropped into un-announced.
Go Figure:rolleyes:

If the dealer doesn't have time or a car available I have no trouble with making an appointment for a later day.

IAMVTEC
18-07-2007, 06:13 PM
I saw one on the road today for the first time.

I dont like it, the stance is weird, I feel like it holds its butt up too high.

sitta
19-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Problems with my CTR

Third gear grinds when cold

Paint is shit!! got heaps of chips on my bonnet. By the way all my other cars are 2 + years old and they dont have as much as this, im going to complain to honda soon

fasthonda
19-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Sorry to hear about the paint quality and 3rd gear problems .Unfortunately they've seemed to be the most common problems with the CTRs overseas.
Check with the UK Type R site,some people have mentioned that the 3rd gear issue gradually went away as they stacked on the miles.As for the paint quality,I don't know what you can really do about it,the paint apparently is quite soft.

krazibone
20-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Somebody did discuss about the paint on the UK forums saying the type of paint honda uses is pretty low grade compared to the paint used on volkwagens and audi's. But i think honda has a history of having inferior paint quality compared to their competitors.

6ary
20-07-2007, 03:27 AM
I can't believe it, my delivery for my milano red CTR has been delayed till August!

lukits01
20-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Yeh I had 3rd gear problems randomly at the beginning
so I kept slamming it in with brute force everytime I shift into 3rd
2500km now, Seems to have gone away, or its less often now...
paint seems ok so far...

is anyone else feeling these weird throttle blips on up changes?
never read anything about it on the uk forums..

fasthonda
20-07-2007, 12:04 PM

I think I did come across it.I can't remember if i read something on the UK or the US forums(SI),something to do with the Fly-by-wire throttle.?

denot
20-07-2007, 12:08 PM
I can't believe it, my delivery for my milano red CTR has been delayed till August!

You should've make them put down the delivery dates on the contract and ask them if its delayed, they should provide you with complimentary car until it arives... :p (i think sum1 from our forum did that)

ebayhtl
20-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Newbie here. I've found this thread to be very informative - thanks everyone. Need to go and have a test drive sometime so I can see how it compares to the GTI and the MPS.

I'm going into the dealers assuming that there's not much bargaining to be had. Has anyone has had any luck getting a bit off the RRP or getting free stuff thrown in? Just don't want to be ripped off etc. so would appreciate any advice/info there.

The GTI was my first choice but looks a little boring next to the Type R, doesn't it?

6ary
20-07-2007, 05:31 PM
You should've make them put down the delivery dates on the contract and ask them if its delayed, they should provide you with complimentary car until it arives... :p (i think sum1 from our forum did that)

unfortunately there was no exact delivery date specific on the contact >< but i'm gonna head down to the dealership this weekend to see if my dealer will throw in extra goodies

m0nty ITR
20-07-2007, 07:39 PM

The dealer must inform you in writing that the car has been delayed and give you the option to cancel your order. The chances of you getting a loan vehicle for 6 months are next to impossible. Volkswagen offered lease cars for $10 a day when GTI had 12 month lead times. That included insurance!!!! All you paid for was fuel. A great deal as it was cheaper than owning a car. We even had some people trying to order cars, drive the lease cars for 6 months and then cancel their orders. An increased deposit requirement saw the end of all that.

A motor vehicle contract is actually null and void if there is now estimated delivery date as the dealer then has grounds to say they are not delivering the car late. They have up to 30 days from the ETA to deliver the car before the customer has grounds to cancel. Contrary to what some customers also think, a car that is any less than 30 days late is not grounds to cancel or ask for anything extra in the deal.

A good dealer would have informed the customer well and truly before the delivery date that the car will be late anyway. But, I did say "a good dealer".

Wazza
20-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Picked mine up this morning. Safely tucked away though until I begin the full detail tomorrow. Will post pics when it is completed...

abzndintegra
20-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Have been driving my CTR all week no problems yet,

Do any of you know where i can pick up a K & N that will fit strait on?

Also will the air flow meter be effected?

i must admit i think i was one of the first in sydney to get one :D havent seen another one on the road yet

by the way no discounts at all on the car, the only thing the dealer threw in was free tints,

my sister works for the second largest leasing company, the only thing she could organise with the price was a cheaper dealer delivery thats it!

Catcha
21-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Have been driving my CTR all week no problems yet,

Do any of you know where i can pick up a K & N that will fit strait on?

Also will the air flow meter be effected?

i must admit i think i was one of the first in sydney to get one :D havent seen another one on the road yet

by the way no discounts at all on the car, the only thing the dealer threw in was free tints,

my sister works for the second largest leasing company, the only thing she could organise with the price was a cheaper dealer delivery thats it!

Thats the glory of being first, you get to pay full price :D

Saw one today in real life......not really my style, more of a chicks car. My mum likes more than me hahaahah.....rear seats are quite roomy for two adults......................
Nice looking car but somethings is missing..............

matt
21-07-2007, 09:41 PM

i noticed that when i drove one Sena, gave me the shits...

aaronng
22-07-2007, 12:12 AM
That's the electronic throttle's setting. It keeps revving it up to burn up the excess fuel already sprayed into the manifold.

UNLS1
22-07-2007, 02:55 PM
we have a 5 day wait for silver and red, black in stock! we have too many pensioner customers lol

6ary
22-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Saw a black CTR in the city today, man it looks so good on the streets at night

abzndintegra
23-07-2007, 08:40 AM
That was probably me lol

6ary
23-07-2007, 03:57 PM
That was probably me lol

Next to QV? Looked like you were sending your friends home. Can't wait till I get mine. When did you get yours?

abzndintegra
23-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Yep, got it 2 fridays ago.... awesoem to drive. fuel consumption is worse than i thought though, but then again it could be because its still running in.

sitta
23-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Yep, got it 2 fridays ago.... awesoem to drive. fuel consumption is worse than i thought though, but then again it could be because its still running in.

are you serious? do you go vtecing all thw way? my fuel consumption in the computer says 10.0 l/100km

6ary
23-07-2007, 04:09 PM

I was supposed to get mine like this week! ARGH! How bad is the FC? Should be better after changing to synthetic if you're using mineral. Looked like you wanted to vtec but was holding back ;)

abzndintegra
23-07-2007, 04:11 PM
the second tank did 12.1 litres /100 kilometres and i gotta admit i wasnt vtecing at all.....

i took it for a freeway run on second tank and that was only marginally better at 10.0 /100

sitta
23-07-2007, 04:17 PM
the second tank did 12.1 litres /100 kilometres and i gotta admit i wasnt vtecing at all.....

i took it for a freeway run on second tank and that was only marginally better at 10.0 /100

if yu want good fuel consumption get the rpm under 3000 and change gear every like 1 second on accelerating. It is so hard keeping the car in low rpm :)

6ary
23-07-2007, 04:20 PM

10.0/100 ain't too bad, seems like its getting better anyway, but my dc5r could do way better tho. Should have a meetup for the CTR owners in melb. Your car was the first i've seen on the road.

i-vtec
23-07-2007, 04:23 PM
my friends FC is sitting at 9.8 and slowly dropping some more. only 500kms on the odo.

sitta
23-07-2007, 05:54 PM
just thought ill share this with you guys Sitta's CTR with 6000k HID first in australia with HID?? i bought the kit off ebay and did it myself. Took me 2 hours, there arent really space at all to work inside the engine bay especially in the right light since the battery and an airduct is blocking it. I didnt take off the whole bumper i just stick the ballast in the engine bay. I pulled this off because im small about 170cm and got small hands.

http://aycu11.webshots.com/image/21930/2005280452590899978_rs.jpg

http://aycu05.webshots.com/image/22804/2005254349219057856_rs.jpg

kyle
23-07-2007, 07:41 PM
heres a quick little photocjop by me as to making the CTR look better on the rear.

Deleted centre clear thing and move spoiler to roof.

BEFORE
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/4276/genevehondacivictyper2bpp3.jpg

AFTER
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9549/genevehondacivictyper2bkk1.jpg

Chris_typer
23-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Thats hectic nice job....im picking my civic type R up tomorrow around lunchtime. Hows the car been running for you at the moment sitta? Any problems you picked up?

sitta
23-07-2007, 08:16 PM
ok problem one is obviously third gear usually when it is cold

and the paint job is shit. they chip so easily i have hundreds of small chips on my front bumper and bonnet. Dealer said over the phone they cant to anything, modern cars have soft paints, does that mean all modern cars got shit paints? my mdx is 3 years old and havent got any chip

rear wheels gets brake dust so easily so you better clean them often

hmm... whatelse not much, the car has been running well, and the best fuel for this car i have found ( for economy and performance) is bp ultimate

6ary
23-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Nice work with the HIDs mate, it should come standard! That photochop pic makes it look like a mazda3 hatch, i still wish they had put the spoiler on top tho

Chris_typer
23-07-2007, 10:31 PM
the best fuel for this car i have found ( for economy and performance) is bp ultimate

Yeah well in the book and on the actual honda website they recommend you use premium unleaded fuel everytime you fill up or the engine will deteriorate..not too sure about that but as if you'd take the risk. Can't wait to get it!

jords
26-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I saw a brand new red CTR that had ran up the ass of a truck today on Parramatta rd, bad luck, was repairable but pretty fcuked up for a 2-4 week old car.......was it anyone on OH?

aaronng
26-07-2007, 04:58 PM
I saw a brand new red CTR that had ran up the ass of a truck today on Parramatta rd, bad luck, was repairable but pretty fcuked up for a 2-4 week old car.......was it anyone on OH?

Were the side airbags deployed? If not, I want the seats!

jords
26-07-2007, 05:06 PM
not that bad bro..........its repairable. Someone must know who it was, anyone?

Chris_typer
26-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Still for a 2 week old car..he probably hasnt even had it for that long. I only got mine on Sunday.

Alpine
27-07-2007, 01:20 PM
I am taking a new Civic Type R for a test drive tomorrow afternoon. Muahahaha. :)

DropBear
27-07-2007, 02:01 PM
ok problem one is obviously third gear usually when it is cold

and the paint job is shit. they chip so easily i have hundreds of small chips on my front bumper and bonnet. Dealer said over the phone they cant to anything, modern cars have soft paints, does that mean all modern cars got shit paints? my mdx is 3 years old and havent got any chip

rear wheels gets brake dust so easily so you better clean them often

hmm... whatelse not much, the car has been running well, and the best fuel for this car i have found ( for economy and performance) is bp ultimate

Sorry to hear that champ. Nice work with the HID's though.

Are you Wollongong based? The dealer there said that their first CTR (black one) went to a P-Plater, was that you?

dmx
27-07-2007, 09:23 PM
I am taking a new Civic Type R for a test drive tomorrow afternoon. Muahahaha. :)

so in the future you can compare with "other" type-r :)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71491

Setanta
27-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Test drove one today. Worst ride in a car ever and this comes from someone who drives an EH with leaf suspension. The ride is horrible on the street. I couldn't imagine doing a run to Victoria and back in it, especially with the engine noise. Seriously, why the **** didn't they just double wishbone the suspension and then angle grind the springs down. The ride would have been comparable. Maybe it's good for the track, but with all the luxury shit and a lack of a LSD, this isn't a track car. Should have stuck to the DC2R philosophy Honda, this CTR is one confused mofo that has no idea what it is. As either a sports coupe or a track car (aka DC2R) it would have been great, but this thing just isn't worth the Type-R badge in it's retail state.

m0nty ITR
27-07-2007, 09:29 PM
I know how slowly these things move. If it's at the SIMS in October then we'd see it in the 2nd quarter of 2008 at best. Here's hoping though. Could be a worthy replacement for the DC5 in a few years.

Setanta
27-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Oh: Fuel consumption is shocking IMO. I was talking to the dealer and he seemed to think that 9/100 (his figures) for freeway was good. My old SiR would do 7.3 l/100 on a Syd->Melb run and when hammering it on the street/track would never do worse than 11. The SiR had marginally worse 0-100 figures: 7.3 average recorded (not Honda advertising) in stock trim and 15.3 1/4 mile. Admittedly this was in a car that weighed 1030 kilos, but it was a 240K+ kms car with only 160ps at the flywheel.

sitta
27-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Sorry to hear that champ. Nice work with the HID's though.

Are you Wollongong based? The dealer there said that their first CTR (black one) went to a P-Plater, was that you?

nope, im from the northern beaces there are heaps of p plater with this car out there since its legal to drive them, there are 3 already in UNSW all p plater including me red, black(mine) and silver.

SiR
28-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Saw the CTR in the metal for the first time at the dealer this morning and I agree with most of the comments on here...

The car actually looks quite good in the metal. The plastic 'chrome' fuel lid is shockingly tacky (lol) and the sitting position is way too high!

Apart from that, I liked what I saw from my brief 'inspection'. The seats were quite nice, fit and finish seemed quite good and the car felt quite solid i.e. door closed with a nice thud.

I wouldn't mind test driving one of these to see how it goes, but thought otherwise when realistically speaking, I really can't see myself wanting to buy one of these.

m0nty ITR
28-07-2007, 02:38 PM
nope, im from the northern beaces there are heaps of p plater with this car out there since its legal to drive them, there are 3 already in UNSW all p plater including me red, black(mine) and silver.

Give it time. There's talk of VTEC engines being added to the ban list with the RTA. Personally I think these types of cars are much safer than your average Aussie built big sedan. RWD 200kW cars with dual airbags and no traction control are OK for young drivers yet a C200K with a 5 star NCAP rating and 0-100 of 10seconds is banned due to forced indutcion. Go figure. :thumbdwn:

straightR
28-07-2007, 04:44 PM
If vtec is banned, it will be banned for people who got their P's before people who are banned from turbo's etc?

I find it insanely stupid that there even is a ban list, I can hit 200k's in a .9 litre 3cyl if I wanted too, isn't it better to speed in something thats actually built to be sped in? Than to drive a shit box and loose control. Stupid pigs, cant solve a problem they just ban it. Doesn't stop crap.

reemo
28-07-2007, 06:52 PM
I test drove and placed my order for a red CTR today @ Yarra Honda in melbourne.

Contract came to $43930 on road including mats and tint. I had to plea for the tint, he wasn't going to throw that in. Im a previous customer of this dealer so he went to the sales manager to get that authorised. I also paid an extra $184 for the emblem set (rip off i know) as im too lazy to get them aftermarket.

Delivery date ETA is 15/9 although he was indicating it would probably be earlier.

QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS:
Is it worth getting paint protection? The dealer is asking too much for it (like $1900 including this bullshit scratch/dent warranty), where can I get the same job done cheaper?

yfin
28-07-2007, 06:59 PM
I test drove and placed my order for a red CTR today @ Yarra Honda in melbourne.

Contract came to $43930 on road including mats and tint. I had to plea for the tint, he wasn't going to throw that in. Im a previous customer of this dealer so he went to the sales manager to get that authorised. I also paid an extra $184 for the emblem set (rip off i know) as im too lazy to get them aftermarket.

Delivery date ETA is 15/9 although he was indicating it would probably be earlier.

QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS:
Is it worth getting paint protection? The dealer is asking too much for it (like $1900 including this bullshit scratch/dent warranty), where can I get the same job done cheaper?

Congrats on the new car. Why did you want to buy tint from the dealer? They outsource that work anyway. Skip the middle man and go straight to the tint shop. Tint Professor is only $260.

aaronng
28-07-2007, 07:13 PM
QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS:

Not for $1900.

reemo
28-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Congrats on the new car. Why did you want to buy tint from the dealer? They outsource that work anyway. Skip the middle man and go straight to the tint shop. Tint Professor is only $260.

Well it was free so I didn't buy it. I don't think they would have lowered their price if I didn't get it.

reemo
28-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Does anyone know if the radio aerial is in the back window and if tint will adversely affect radio quality like it did in my Euro? Im thinking of requesting that they put tint only on the side windows, will this look ok?

In my euro with tinting the radio reception is very poor :(

fasthonda
28-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Congratulations on the car.I still haven't booked a test drive(laziness).What were your thoughts on the ride and cabin noise?
Another OZ member on a test drive, thought the ride was uncomfortable and noisy.:confused:

yfin
28-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Well it was free so I didn't buy it. I don't think they would have lowered their price if I didn't get it.

We see things differently then :) Nothing when buying a car is free

reemo
28-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Congratulations on the car.I still haven't booked a test drive(laziness).What were your thoughts on the ride and cabin noise?
Another OZ member on a test drive, thought the ride was uncomfortable and noisy.:confused:

Overall I found the ride comfortable. It was stiff and hard on the bumps but on the freeway it was fine. I was actually surprised at how quiet the cabin is compared with my Euro. At higher revs though that peace is disturbed by the VTEC, nothing to complain about though.

6ary
30-07-2007, 12:26 AM

QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS:

Dude I got my red CTR from yarra honda as well, could you pm me your dealer or something? Cos my dealer refused to throw in tints and i've tried everything, plus i am a previous customer. Mine was promised to be delivered 2 weeks from now

reemo
30-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Dude I got my red CTR from yarra honda as well, could you pm me your dealer or something? Cos my dealer refused to throw in tints and i've tried everything, plus i am a previous customer. Mine was promised to be delivered 2 weeks from now

That sucks. The salesman was Julian and the manager is Frank.

UNLS1
30-07-2007, 11:20 AM
depending on the tint, u should be fine, our CTR is tinted and have no probs with radio reception at all.
Also remember the bit of plastic that looks like glass under the spoiler wont be tinted as its plastic.

Does anyone know if the radio aerial is in the back window and if tint will adversely affect radio quality like it did in my Euro? Im thinking of requesting that they put tint only on the side windows, will this look ok?

In my euro with tinting the radio reception is very poor :(

Spicey
30-07-2007, 11:29 AM
It depends if the tint is metallic. My 05 GLi is has just black tint and its fine.

m0nty ITR
30-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Ceramic tint will be OK for windscreen mounted antennas. It looks great too. Nice greyish mirror finish.

6ary
30-07-2007, 07:43 PM
On the contract it stated "titanium tinting". Got no idea what that is, all I know is that its 3rd party tinting. I did manage to get mats for free tho

6ary
12-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Picked up my milano red ctr 2 days ago and there are 2 chips on the bonnet already! guess the paint on it is really thin, anyone else experiencing the same problem?

aaronng
12-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Picked up my milano red ctr 2 days ago and there are 2 chips on the bonnet already! guess the paint on it is really thin, anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Happens with most of the new Hondas because of the water-based paint (environmental concerns mean they can't use solvent-based paints).

You'd best get some touchup paint to cover up any bare metal spots.

sitta
12-08-2007, 07:04 PM

got heaps of them, hundreds and dealer said they cant do anything about it :(

aijii
12-08-2007, 07:30 PM
hey guys, virgin post here.

Anyway, i pick up my black CTR tommorrow afternoon..... $43525 including mats, ipod adapter (i hope its better than the old "musiclink" one i've read about) and emblem set....

I think the skirts looked a bit.... fussy, so i didn't bother with them...

They tried to sell me window tinting for $600....

I'm a little worried about the paint chip thing.... maybe a tube of touch up paint won't go astray....

i-vtec
12-08-2007, 10:22 PM
maybe look at getting a 3M clear car bra. cant tell its even there. apparently really popular in the states

hengz
13-08-2007, 04:51 AM
i put down a deposit for my ctr on friday and getting it for $43,865. Unfortunately my dad did the bargaining with the salesman before i got there so he wasn't really aware of the optional accessories untill they handed us the booklet after a sale price was agree'd upon.

In the end we only got:

- Paint protection
- Free loan car at scheduled service intervals
- Full tank of petrol
- "Wine Pack"

Going to definantly have to get the emblem set and floor matts. Not much we can do about it now though but gona try see if the salesman can work something out. Otherwise looks like i'm going to have to pay full RRP for them(scary thought)

Picking it up on the 17th of August, so didn't really have to wait that long as some others. Or so they claim.

aijii
13-08-2007, 08:29 AM
hey, the loan car is a good thing i think....

the badges cost **** all, 190 full price or something, not sure about mats though.

Philip Lee
13-08-2007, 04:36 PM
personally i dun like the badge on the front grill. would love the stickers tho but not for $190. would rather source JDM FD2 ones or get them made up.

stix
13-08-2007, 05:11 PM
was gonna put a deposit on one last week but holding out for another month. the dealer refuse to throw anything in for me... he said base price, full charge for car and all accessories, not discounting anything. he also said that demand is high and he will sell his allocation every month... we'll see.

i'm really worried about the paint chipping thinig that i've been reading about... i'm a real noob when it comes to cars so wats the advice?

what actually gets put on the car with the paint protection? is it just protecting against chipping? or does it help retain colour and protection against sun/dust/etc?

is it better to get it from the dealer or is it cheaper to go directly to a workshop urself?

aaronng
13-08-2007, 05:37 PM
If you are worried about stone chips, get a 3M clear bra put on.

yfin
15-10-2007, 07:00 AM
If anyone wants a CTR - there was one advertised in the Melbourne Age on the weekend for $39,990 driveaway. The catch is it is a dealer demo (but only 400kms on the odo). I think it was Berick Honda but don't hold me to that as I am working from memory.

ebayhtl
15-10-2007, 11:02 AM
There seems to be a few going around for that price now and more new ones available as well - see here. (http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/HONDA/CIVIC/dealer-results.aspx?State=All&#37;20States&Dx=mode+matchany&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&state_id=0&keywords=type%20r&distance=25&Ntt=type%20r&N=4294965322+0+500+4294965250+834+285+258+287&Nne=20&D=type%20r&Ntk=CarAll&Model=CIVIC&sid=11211CBFBA90&Make=HONDA)

Perhaps they're not selling that well?

RedVTi
15-10-2007, 03:21 PM
For this price, I rather get a used S2000 or DC2R and do some mods. Is this car a lot more advance than the last type-R?

Chris_typer
15-10-2007, 03:56 PM
For this price, I rather get a used S2000 or DC2R and do some mods. Is this car a lot more advance than the last type-R?

Personal opinion. Yeah it is, its alot more refined then the last type R.

EK4R
15-10-2007, 04:07 PM
there was one for like 37k ??? demo dealership. drive away price.

anyways if u worried bout paint chip get a bra like arong said. i mite do that. or il just let it chip and give me an excuse to spray it Championship white later on :)

egads
15-10-2007, 04:09 PM
... spray it Championship white later on :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

sitta
15-10-2007, 04:14 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

lol expensive la!! though i have this at the back of my mind since i have the car but no money... maybe after 4 years and i have more money ill do some crazy mods

EK4R
17-10-2007, 05:41 AM
lol expensive la!! though i have this at the back of my mind since i have the car but no money... maybe after 4 years and i have more money ill do some crazy mods

ha yea its a little more expensive than painting your calipers yourself but yea its worth it :p ha jk bro

sitta
17-10-2007, 10:06 AM
ha yea its a little more expensive than painting your calipers yourself but yea its worth it :p ha jk bro

Much more expensive!!! i only spent $30 painting my caliper myself! and the car paintjob can cost $5000 :p

egads
19-10-2007, 10:06 PM
you know you want it....

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7157&stc=1&d=1192795651

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/2007HondaCivicTypeR-2.jpg

egads
19-10-2007, 10:11 PM
or maybe yellow is more your thing..

http://yoshi002.free.fr/IMG/CTR2007/CTR04.jpg

http://yoshi002.free.fr/IMG/CTR2007/CTR07.jpg

sitta
19-10-2007, 10:11 PM
i would love it, i would love it! :( :( $$$

markCivicVti
19-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Looks like a jazz in yellow :S ... CW looks great.

Chris_typer
19-10-2007, 10:51 PM
The white is hectic...to bad its not a colour option..recon it looks insane, type-r badge's really stand out..its awesome

danno
20-10-2007, 03:27 AM
to me, it's about the overall package. whether or not it deserves the type R badge is another story for all your honda/type R enthusiasts. type R debate aside - as far as i'm concerned, the FN2 is the perfect package for me and ticks all boxes (interior, power, exterior, handling, features).

i suppose i feel this way as i'm not a 'hardcore enthusiast' and wasn't around early enough to experience dc2, dc5 etc so this is my first real taste of 'type R' and i've got to say, i'm liking it alot!

Chris_typer
20-10-2007, 10:42 AM
The Type-R debate will always be there...with everything people always want more, theres no doubt the dc2 is an awesome car but I suppose honda has kind of tried to change with the times and they thought that there market needed a more refined car, so they released the FN2. Thats not to say that the FD2R isnt a awesome also.

SLPJCooL
20-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Seriously there are better cars to buy for $40,000+ mark

aaronng
20-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Seriously there are better cars to buy for $40,000+ mark

"Better" is up to the interpretation of the individual.

Anyway, what are the better cars at $40,000 brand new? As far as I know, powerwise there is only the XR5, GTI (without options), 3MPS, VXR (looks sweet but that's it), WRX and maybe the EVO X (not sure on price).

Nepolian
20-10-2007, 09:05 PM

Anyway, what are the better cars at $40,000 brand new? As far as I know, powerwise there is only the XR5, GTI (without options), 3MPS, VXR (looks sweet but that's it), WRX and maybe the EVO X (not sure on price).

Exactly! Why do people spend 40ks on a Citroen?? Why did that person buy that Alfa and not the Evo???

It is because they wanted to!

There was something about it that they liked. Its quite good that we even have a choice of small - med performance cars.

I know and have known alot of people who has bought a car just purely for their looks.

StrawberryFace
21-10-2007, 10:10 AM

Renault megane f1 R26, Renault Clio R27 and Mini Cooper S are the only other ones i can think of.

Evo X is going to be in the 60k + price range. wayyyyy off lol

aaronng
21-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Renault megane f1 R26, Renault Clio R27 and Mini Cooper S are the only other ones i can think of.

Evo X is going to be in the 60k + price range. wayyyyy off lol

In that case, if I was after speed and didn't worry about reliability (i.e. I was only going to keep the car for 3 years before selling), then I would take the Megane. The Clio is too small for me. The Cooper S, is not really in the same league. The S is a great handling car, but not a very fast one. But, if I was keeping something long term for at least 5 years, I'd take the FN2R still.

The Subie WRX is a good buy, pity the look.

Of course, we are talking about new cars, if you didn't mind 2nd hand cars, $40,000 would get you a bloody fast 12 second Honda. :)

Nighthawk
08-11-2007, 08:53 PM
i put down a deposit for my ctr on friday and getting it for $43,865.

Which dealer in Melb did you go to?

hengz
09-11-2007, 12:42 AM
ringwood patterson cheney. mind you i've had the car since mid august and loving it

FN2TypeR
09-11-2007, 09:38 AM
FN2R kicks ass!!

ViVi
19-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Hengz...

For the price did u pay for stock CTR or with some accessories on it ?

EK4R
19-12-2007, 02:41 PM
i was told CTR comes in CSWHITE mid 08 ?!?!?! any1 confirm?

industrie
20-12-2007, 09:07 AM
At the moment its a bit of a weigh up between the Fn2 and EP3, but the EP3 is pure JDM! championship white? now thats what we have been waiting for? is that confirmed? anyone from honda know this?

xenfacta
20-12-2007, 11:35 PM
ep3 is built in england like fn2

preludacris
21-12-2007, 01:28 AM
there is also a jdm version.

its still jdm, wouldn't say PURE jdm tho. pure jdm is the FD2R :P

anybody hear about cs white fn2 coming mid 08?

egads
21-12-2007, 08:00 AM
i was told CTR comes in CSWHITE mid 08 ?!?!?! any1 confirm?

that would be awesome!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7157&d=1192795651

obsessionz
23-12-2007, 07:44 AM
does it come with the 3rd gear issue for free? :D

Reothe
24-12-2007, 09:34 AM
3rd gear slipping out dosen't really happen unless you do a sloppy shift. Basically u just gotto make sure it's in the whole way with 2 clicks due to the synchro. After I realized that it needed two clicks the 3rd gear has never slipped out or crunched on me ever again.

UNLS1
24-12-2007, 10:00 AM
i havnt herd anything about white as of yet. as usual ill let u all know when i hear from honda.

EK4R
26-12-2007, 05:49 PM
3rd gear slipping out dosen't really happen unless you do a sloppy shift. Basically u just gotto make sure it's in the whole way with 2 clicks due to the synchro. After I realized that it needed two clicks the 3rd gear has never slipped out or crunched on me ever again.

i seen you shift. like a grandma :p

hit that vtec already, u wasting your engine and not sitting the rings properly...

Reothe
27-12-2007, 01:16 PM
lol, not as granny as u george :P U got the ultimate granny shifts :)

m0nty ITR
27-12-2007, 01:53 PM
i havnt herd anything about white as of yet. as usual ill let u all know when i hear from honda.

I got confirmation from local dealer the other day. FD2R still hasn't been ruled out either. Still all rumour and speculation of course, but I told them they have my deposit if FD2R is ever confirmed.

kongfu
28-12-2007, 03:11 PM
I got confirmation from local dealer the other day. FD2R still hasn't been ruled out either. Still all rumour and speculation of course, but I told them they have my deposit if FD2R is ever confirmed.

I think FD2R will not be sold in AU.Coz we already got FN2R UK version available.

AU is not like NZ. Government will protect local market and strict regulations will limit some of the best cars like EK9, FD2R etc.

fasthonda
28-12-2007, 04:21 PM
I too think that the FD2R will not be brought over.Australia's best bet to bringing in a JDM CTR may lie with Honda's decision to build a 2nd manufacturing plant in Thailand.This new plant may have enough resources that could cater for specialised cars like JDM Type Rs although,we may have to wait until the 9th gen Civic.

aaronng
28-12-2007, 06:45 PM
I too think that the FD2R will not be brought over.Australia's best bet to bringing in a JDM CTR may lie with Honda's decision to build a 2nd manufacturing plant in Thailand.This new plant may have enough resources that could cater for specialised cars like JDM Type Rs although,we may have to wait until the 9th gen Civic.

Why? The RRP price of an FD2R in Japan is under AU$30,000. It's cheaper to produce than an FN2R, which has an RRP of almost AU$40,000.

kongfu
28-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Why? The RRP price of an FD2R in Japan is under AU$30,000. It's cheaper to produce than an FN2R, which has an RRP of almost AU$40,000.

RRP PRICE IN JAPAN IS NOTHING MAN!:thumbsup:

Use your brain do the calculation!Nothing is cheaper as long as its made in Japan.

Transportation charge,Import tax,duty,shipping,dealer's profit altogether already more than $40,000.:honda:

Reothe
28-12-2007, 09:37 PM
lol.. my friend calculated that since the RRP in Japan for the new GTR is around $80,000 AUD..then that must be the price we'll be getting it on our shores.. SADLY THAT'S FAR FROM REALITY..after all the taxes and transportation etc... Nissan Australia is considering pricing it at around $150,000 AUD. If the JDM FD2R ever does make it to Australia I'd say a price of around $60,000 AUD is more feasible. $30,000 is just ludicrous..why would it be priced cheaper than a civic sport? wtf?

fasthonda
28-12-2007, 11:04 PM
We have a trade agreement with Thailand in regard to vehicle imports from that country.That can mean next to nothing import duties and of course cheaper cars for us..
Australia does not have a vehicle trade agreement with Japan:(

aaronng
28-12-2007, 11:19 PM
RRP PRICE IN JAPAN IS NOTHING MAN!:thumbsup:

Use your brain do the calculation!Nothing is cheaper as long as its made in Japan.

Transportation charge,Import tax,duty,shipping,dealer's profit altogether already more than $40,000.:honda:

LOL, nothing is cheaper as its made in Japan? :confused::confused::confused:

If Honda can bring in an FN2R with a RRP of 40k into Australia at 40k, nothing is stopping them from bringing in an FD2R with an RRP of 30k into Australia and price it at 40k for a 10k profit over what they get for the FN2R.

Last I checked, transportation was cheaper from Japan than from the UK. :)

aaronng
28-12-2007, 11:21 PM
lol.. my friend calculated that since the RRP in Japan for the new GTR is around $80,000 AUD..then that must be the price we'll be getting it on our shores.. SADLY THAT'S FAR FROM REALITY..after all the taxes and transportation etc... Nissan Australia is considering pricing it at around $150,000 AUD. If the JDM FD2R ever does make it to Australia I'd say a price of around $60,000 AUD is more feasible. $30,000 is just ludicrous..why would it be priced cheaper than a civic sport? wtf?
I'm not comparing it to the GTR. But to the FN2R. If Honda can make the wheels turn and get a 40k car landed here for 40k, they can get a 30k car landed here for 40k as well.

Omotesando
29-12-2007, 12:30 AM
I think Japanese cars are generally cheaper in Japan than the equivalent model selling overseas.

2ndly, an RRP of 40K in UK does not mean the profit margin for that car isn't 100&#37;, meaning it costs 20K to produce.

An RRP of 30K in Japan doesn't mean the profit margin isn't 50%, meaning it costs 20K to produce either!

Most JDM cars are sold cheaper in Japan. You could get an Evolution X for around 40K brand new in Japan!

kongfu
29-12-2007, 10:08 PM
LOL, nothing is cheaper as its made in Japan? :confused::confused::confused:

If Honda can bring in an FN2R with a RRP of 40k into Australia at 40k, nothing is stopping them from bringing in an FD2R with an RRP of 30k into Australia and price it at 40k for a 10k profit over what they get for the FN2R.

Last I checked, transportation was cheaper from Japan than from the UK. :)

Not just transportation issue also tax as some other members mentioned .Australia dose not have trade agreement with Japan.

So stop dreaming about 40k for JDM FD2R. :cool:

Reothe
30-12-2007, 04:59 PM
I think I read somewhere to expect the JDM FD2R to be priced around $60k if it does land on Aussie shores.

BlitZ
30-12-2007, 05:31 PM
at 60k they would sell 2 ... way overpriced for a fwd honda... no matter how great it is..

that is almost an extra 30k over the civic sports.. WTF....

might as well not bring it in... becuase if its gonna cost 60k i am sure honda australia would not be that stupid to bring it in

preludacris
30-12-2007, 06:20 PM
if it were priced under 50k, i think it would sell.

aaronng
30-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Not just transportation issue also tax as some other members mentioned .Australia dose not have trade agreement with Japan.

So stop dreaming about 40k for JDM FD2R. :cool:

Did you mean Free Trade Agreement? Sorry, Australia doesn't have one with the UK. We only have FTAs with USA, Thailand, Singapore and NZ.

kongfu
30-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Did you mean Free Trade Agreement? Sorry, Australia doesn't have one with the UK. We only have FTAs with USA, Thailand, Singapore and NZ.

You can talk to HONDA AUSTRALIA regarding about this issue.

What I was trying to express is that JDM FD2R is impossible for $40,000 AUD:honda:

aaronng
31-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Point taken. I'd still think that it would sell as good as the FN2R even if they sold it at 50k

EuroDude
31-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Personally I'd prefer the US civic in Type-R spec

US civic ftw
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ef/06-07_Honda_Civic_LX_Sedan.jpg/250px-06-07_Honda_Civic_LX_Sedan.jpg

can you get this civic as a Type-R or Type-S? (chassis FA1/FA5)

Reothe
31-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Just spoke with a guy working at honda sales who bought an FN2R a few months ago and he's adamant that FD2R is merely rumour and is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to be brought into AUS. Championship White for FN2 is also uncomfirmed and is merely speculation at this point in time but has a greater probability of becoming reality than FD2R coming to AUS.

m0nty ITR
31-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Just spoke with a guy working at honda sales who bought an FN2R a few months ago and he's adamant that FD2R is merely rumour and is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to be brought into AUS. Championship White for FN2 is also uncomfirmed and is merely speculation at this point in time but has a greater probability of becoming reality than FD2R coming to AUS.

I'd wanna believe that if I had bought an FN2 also. I've heard it from 3 sales managers from 3 different dealerships. I still say yes to FD2R and at a price point of around $44,990 + ORC. Slightly gimped though. No Brembos and detuned engine.

fasthonda
31-12-2007, 08:05 PM
I'd wanna believe that if I had bought an FN2 also. I've heard it from 3 sales managers from 3 different dealerships. I still say yes to FD2R and at a price point of around $44,990 + ORC. Slightly gimped though. No Brembos and detuned engine.

There wouldn't be anything wrong with FN2R owners trading in their cars to buy a FD2R.I would accept a very slightly detuned FD2R -But absolutely nothing else-not even minus the Brembos.
It would have to be the real deal or nothing,then there would be no arguments and NO ONE would sook because we didn't get the real Type R Civic:)

EK4R
31-12-2007, 09:31 PM
detuned to 98 RON fuel is fine by me. but nothing like how the dc5r was detuned...

aaronng
31-12-2007, 09:55 PM
detuned to 98 RON fuel is fine by me. but nothing like how the dc5r was detuned...

They sell the FD2R in 225hp trim in Malaysia, which run only 97 RON and there is no problem (said the engineer from Honda Japan)

fasthonda
31-12-2007, 09:58 PM

Yep,that would be fine regarding the fuel.

BusterSonic12
08-03-2008, 09:53 PM
test drive a civic type r today.
REALLY disappointed on the car. it is no where near a type r standard. the car feel slow, the noise level are low which meant to be good but HEY it's a type r so boo!! the sussy seem to be bit soft. the rev climb was quite slow. the honda bucket doesn't really hold u as nice as the dc5r recaros but they got airbag, so i guess it isn't that bad.

I reckon they should name it Civic Type S, not R.

DreadAngel
08-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Quiet = More Sound Insulation = More Weight

Simple as that hahaha

fasthonda
09-03-2008, 12:36 PM
test drive a civic type r today.
REALLY disappointed on the car. it is no where near a type r standard. the car feel slow, the noise level are low which meant to be good but HEY it's a type r so boo!! the sussy seem to be bit soft. the rev climb was quite slow. the honda bucket doesn't really hold u as nice as the dc5r recaros but they got airbag, so i guess it isn't that bad.

I reckon they should name it Civic Type S, not R.

Well at least you're driving a Type S or didn't you know that?

Double R
09-03-2008, 02:11 PM
In this day and age a real or raw type R means a really old type R.

It's funny to see the frequency of sledging Integra R drivers do towards the Civic R. I find it more amusing than insulting.

d15z1SUX
09-03-2008, 02:42 PM
they should make a track spec one. like just get rid of all the luxury items and sound deadening etc. and maybe use some light weight materials. sure they can lose like 100kg or something.

moons
10-03-2008, 09:07 PM
they should make a track spec one. like just get rid of all the luxury items and sound deadening etc. and maybe use some light weight materials. sure they can lose like 100kg or something.

They have. It's called a Megane r26.

:p

m0nty ITR
10-03-2008, 09:12 PM

Not at all. The FD2 is pretty extreme. Much stiffer and rougher to drive on the road than a DC5.

UNLS1
10-03-2008, 09:26 PM

It's funny to see the frequency of sledging Integra R drivers do towards the Civic R. I find it more amusing than insulting.

thats is hitting the nail on the head my friend! :thumbsup:

moons
10-03-2008, 09:28 PM

If Honda trots out a Jazz Hybrid with an R badge on it, it is still a Type R - No less real or raw than any other - No matter how much we disagree!

Marketing is funny that way.

I love the FN2 - and am due to pick one up any day now - but it is so easy to bag it, or moreover Honda's general attitude towards it:

I'm sure the Honda F1 team isn't worried about missing out on the podium this year because the car's "all round package" is still pretty good. :p

Bottom line: It's the new Type R. If you don't like it, buy a Golf! :D

moons
10-03-2008, 09:30 PM
if it were priced under 50k, i think it would sell.

Doubt it. You're starting to get close to EVO money.

DreadAngel
11-03-2008, 08:15 AM
If Honda trots out a Jazz Hybrid with an R badge on it, it is still a Type R - No less real or raw than any other - No matter how much we disagree!

Marketing is funny that way.

I love the FN2 - and am due to pick one up any day now - but it is so easy to bag it, or moreover Honda's general attitude towards it:

I'm sure the Honda F1 team isn't worried about missing out on the podium this year because the car's "all round package" is still pretty good. :p

Bottom line: It's the new Type R. If you don't like it, buy a Golf! :D

You have no idea how many have already... :p

I guess the FD2R more like DC2R/EK9, while DC5R soften up maybe not to offend potential customers with rawness??? Or production cost? EP3R was DC2R/EK9 orientated? And FN2R was like DC5R but soften up even more.

Its a fine car the FN2R but you gotta question that Type-R badge. You look at all the Type-R, forget appearance, talk about performance. We've all seen vids etc of the FN2R being stacked up against the EP3R and FD2R, gets itself demolished. Type-Rs ride from factory on rails compared to many other cars. The engine made to compliment the great handling, etc etc etc FN2R nothing special in that regard. Opposition? Maybe as everyone else has stepped up (Though I reckon is more Honda UK taking 2 steps backwards since the EP3R and other Hot Hatch Makers going 1 step forward)

For the owners of the FN2R that have owned a "Type-R" before their new baby, what do you think?

Philip Lee
11-03-2008, 11:54 AM
You have no idea how many have already... :p

u're right on this one. many of my mates picked GTI over FN and i came really close too until i made my decision on a EP3.

anu
12-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Its a fine car the FN2R but you gotta question that Type-R badge.

At least honda brought out the FN2R...apart from the S2000 (which is getting on) what else is there in the lineup that you could actually call 'sporty'????

No crx... no integra.... no prelude.... no nsx...

DreadAngel
12-03-2008, 02:32 PM
When they could've gotten the FD2R? Something ACTUALLY sporty? ;)

Think a little more carefully... CRX, Integra, Prelude and NSX all production ended so its not like we're missing one something the rest of the world has. HOWEVER Asia gets what Australia doesn't AKA FD2R. Instead Australia has to make do with the FN2R.

aaronng
12-03-2008, 02:40 PM
At least honda brought out the FN2R...apart from the S2000 (which is getting on) what else is there in the lineup that you could actually call 'sporty'????

No crx... no integra.... no prelude.... no nsx...

FD2R.... if Honda Malaysia can sell it at RM200k which includes 100&#37; import duty, CBU and luxury car tax, run it on 97RON which is the best that Malaysia has to offer, they sure as well can sell it here in Australia. It's up to Honda Australia.

BTW, Honda Malaysia expected to sell 30 units in 4 months, but all 30 were sold on the 1st day. This is in a country where a starting engineer gets paid AU$7500 a year before tax.

denot
12-03-2008, 02:47 PM
When they could've gotten the FD2R? Something ACTUALLY sporty? ;)

I think Honda australia want to get rid off the sporty models from australia. They want to brand Honda as "family cars" here... :(

aaronng
12-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I think Honda australia want to get rid off the sporty models from australia. They want to brand Honda as "family cars" here... :(

I feel the same way about Honda Australia too.... Why can't they do both like what Mazda has successfully done?

moons
12-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Instead Australia has to make do with the FN2R.

We don't "make do" with an Australian version - we get the European FN2R - which perhaps nobody has noticed, is a much larger market than Japanese/Malaysia.

denot
12-03-2008, 03:03 PM
We don't "make do" with an Australian version - we get the European FN2R - which perhaps nobody has noticed, is a much larger market than Japanese/Malaysia.

its not jast Jap/Malay market... HK, Taiwan, China, Indo, etc etc... basically... Asia? :p

Philip Lee
12-03-2008, 03:49 PM
its not jast Jap/Malay market... HK, Taiwan, China, Indo, etc etc... basically... Asia? :p

no no. only Japan and Malaysia officially get the FD2R.

BTW Taiwan and China are LHD drive.

jckidz
12-03-2008, 04:08 PM
no no. only Japan and Malaysia officially get the FD2R.

True, the rest of those countries get it via PI

Double R
12-03-2008, 04:12 PM
FD2R is overrated. None of you guys have driven one yet claim it's almighty.

Or maybe it's just part of the JDM fever?

m0nty ITR
12-03-2008, 04:21 PM
FD2R is overrated. None of you guys have driven one yet claim it's almighty.

Or maybe it's just part of the JDM fever?

FAIL yet again.

It's proven by many many road tests that the JDM Type R owns the FN2. Pleaes give up your FN2R anthem. The car sucks compared to the FD2R on the track. It is however a much better day to day prospect.

Proof #1 (vs EP3) (http://youtube.com/watch?v=GUbZN9WEtn0)

Proof #2 (vs FD2) (http://youtube.com/watch?v=VZVtFPnIZ6Q)

Proof #3 (vs NSX Type S Zero) (http://youtube.com/watch?v=rXwapwrHgIU)

Double R
12-03-2008, 04:23 PM
FAIL yet again.

It's proven by many many road tests that the JDM Type R owns the FN2. Pleaes give up your FN2R anthem. The car sucks compared to the FD2R on the track. It is however a much better day to day prospect.

I never said FN2R you jackass. Wow you really are a fanboy.

Double R
12-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Jeez Monty you really hate the FN2. I'm starting to wonder if you've had a bad experience with it or with someone who owns it. Ex gf or wife has one perhaps?

I never once said FN2 is better than FD2. So you can stop your Hate FN2 anthems pal. We hear you, god damn.

m0nty ITR
12-03-2008, 04:40 PM
I don't get a thing you say. I posted hard evidence about the FD2R after you said it was overated. It's clear in those videos that the car lives up to the hype. It is a proper Type R as we know them to be.

Like DreadAngel said in another thread, we don't like the FN2, which we are entitled to, you do like it though, which I can understand but with so much negative press on the FN2 are we the only ones? Or is it really not the car it could've been. The blindness comes from FN2 owners that think the car is better than it really is. I'll admit my DC5 has some pretty major faults, but it was a much stronger package in it's day than the FN2 is when compared to it's modern day rivals.

It all needs to be settled at a track day. The EK9, DC2 and DC5 would all make a mockery of the FN2 at the track. Sure, we don't live on the track, but your consitant rants about how quick the FN2 is fall on deaf ears when all the evidence contradicts what you're saying.

bodaas
12-03-2008, 04:44 PM
lol here we go again, "monty itr" vs "double r"

you should make your own thread bro :thumbsup:

actually very interesting to read

bodaas
12-03-2008, 05:32 PM
FAIL yet again.

prolly this one, will definately good match with ep3r,FD2
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/944/hondacivicrrf34500zc6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
FN2 R "R" (rally edition)

Double R
12-03-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't get a thing you say. I posted hard evidence about the FD2R after you said it was overated. It's clear in those videos that the car lives up to the hype. It is a proper Type R as we know them to be.

Like DreadAngel said in another thread, we don't like the FN2, which we are entitled to, you do like it though, which I can understand but with so much negative press on the FN2 are we the only ones? Or is it really not the car it could've been. The blindness comes from FN2 owners that think the car is better than it really is. I'll admit my DC5 has some pretty major faults, but it was a much stronger package in it's day than the FN2 is when compared to it's modern day rivals.

It all needs to be settled at a track day. The EK9, DC2 and DC5 would all make a mockery of the FN2 at the track. Sure, we don't live on the track, but your consitant rants about how quick the FN2 is fall on deaf ears when all the evidence contradicts what you're saying.

You seriously try too hard to prove a point against one person.

I never once said FN2 is better than XXX or faster than XXX. Why make shiit up for?

Much like yourself, I'm allowed to criticize this and that but I never said anything about X being better than Y.

Stop having your panick attacks and learn to comprehend before rebutting.

happy
12-03-2008, 06:22 PM
prolly this one, will definately good match with ep3r,FD2
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/944/hondacivicrrf34500zc6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
FN2 R "R" (rally edition)

This cool !

DreadAngel
12-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Some of you FN2R owners need to focking read a LITTLE closer...

You maybe satisfied with the EDM spec "Civic Type R" but you seem to be the only ones. The EDM spec CTR IS a make do compared to what Honda Australia could've got and that my friends is called the FD2R. Is that SO hard to get?

Double R don't make me quote up all your post, I'll bury you in your grave, sit down and read carefully what other people say. We know your prejudice against most other Hondas that show up your FN2R. You can't admit that your FN2R is inferior, in fact you say its superior because of age? Big whoop man! You've got problems if you think everyone on OH is caught up in this so-called JDM Fever. I'm sure as hell not...

bodaas, more interesting than your random post ;) lol

Felix
12-03-2008, 08:17 PM
The EDM spec CTR IS a make do compared to what Honda Australia could've got and that my friends is called the FD2R.

Yeah i strongly agree. But at what price? I thought the reason we got the FN2R instead of the FD2R was so that it could be competitive against other hatches here on price. If Australia got the FD2R it *probably* would have been in the very high $40's (my guess) drive away, meaning it would not have appealed to anyone EXCEPT the die hard fans. Considering the other hot hatches available here that can be had for the haggled $40k drive away price.

m0nty ITR
12-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah i strongly agree. But at what price? I thought the reason we got the FN2R instead of the FD2R was so that it could be competitive against other hatches here on price. If Australia got the FD2R it *probably* would have been in the very high $40's (my guess) drive away, meaning it would not have appealed to anyone except the die hard fans.

Is it's performance any worse than the Evo IX or STi? From all accounts it's just as able round the track. No less streetable either. Sure it lacks that jump in and drive fast with AWD and turbocharging appeal, but I think to a purist the FD2R would stack up nicely.

The only concern I'd have is Honda Australia gimping the FD2R like they did the DC5R. Imagine if the car came out with less power, no Brembos, softer suspension, etc and a $49,990 or even higher price tag. I would pay $54k ish on the road for an FD2R but I'd want the real deal at that price.

Felix
12-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Is it's performance any worse than the Evo IX or STi?

The problem is that there are an absolute shit load more wrx and evo fans in Aus then there are Type R fans. Even with the FD2R being compareable in performance and at the same price, it still wont sell anywhere near as much.
Those cars (evo / sti) will sell at almost any price due to their die hard fans.

The only concern I'd have is Honda Australia gimping the FD2R like they did the DC5R. Imagine if the car came out with less power, no Brembos, softer suspension, etc and a $49,990 or

The harsh reality is - that most likely *would* have been the case.

You may pay $54k for an FD2R, i would tooo, but how many other australians would? My thoughts are that not very many would. Well not enough to justify Honda bringing the car to Australia.

In 2002 the DC5R could be had for what? $43 - $44k drive away. But there was no where near the competition in that same price bracket as there is today. Hence i believe honda had to bring a cheaper alternative to the Australian market this time around, otherwise may have run the risk of not meeting the bottom line.

Hell it could have been worse (some may agree otherwise) Australia could have missed out on getting ANY new type R.

Mingy
12-03-2008, 08:36 PM
FAIL yet again.

The british bloke was quite prejudice towards the fn2r. complained about the ctr not feeling like it was that quick where he was sitting. i can tell you all new cars don't feel that quick because they are made to be more stable so the journey or ride is more enjoyable. its replaced with I-VTEC so the new vtec is more gradual. if you've driven a FD Civic going @ 60kms. you'll feel like ur crawling compared to a old EG equipped w/ B16A going at the same speed. as for the bucket seats, i don't see why he had to complain. the way i saw it was quite logicial.

In the second video. you were pretty much the judge. there was no negative comments or opinions. it was just pure facts pointed out while she was driving with first hand experience.

IMO i would agree with m0nty ITR, he said nothing wrong. all he said was the FN2R was short of a ride than the JDM FD2R. this is true by fact. also day to day prospect it would be a very good car to drive and own. i personally think it looks sexy and one of a kind in the hatchback category. i think the car has alot of potential, if tuned can be a deadly weapon.

m0nty ITR
12-03-2008, 08:42 PM
The problem is that there are an absolute shit load more wrx and evo fans in Aus then there are Type R fans. Even with the FD2R being compareable in performance and at the same price, it still wont sell anywhere near as much.
Those cars (evo / sti) will sell at almost any price due to their die hard fans.

The harsh reality is - that most likely *would* have been the case.

You may pay $54k for an FD2R, i would tooo, but how many other australians would? My thoughts are that not very many would. Well not enough to justify Honda bringing the car to Australia.

Anything can be brought into the country at a price. I know that ADR makes it so hard to bring these types of cars to Australia. Noise restrictions, emission levels, registration all play a part in manufacturers not wanted to bring these cars out here. At the end of the day though, if the FD2R were compliant with ADR there would be no reason other than Honda just didn't want to bring them out. After all, there's no argument against having to change the car. Japanese cars are RHD, just like our market. If Subaru brought out 400 STi 3 door Versions IIIs and Volkswagen brought out 200 R32s, there's no reason why Honda couldn't bring out limited numbers of the FD2R. Who's to say that they won't once initial demand for the car subsides in Japan?

Felix
12-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Anything can be brought into the country at a price.

Correct. But the price to bring the FD2R here is more then to bring the FN2R. Again we get to the fact that the FD2R would of had to be sold at premium, where it most likely would not have sold alot of.

there's no reason why Honda couldn't bring out limited numbers of the FD2R. Who's to say that they won't once initial demand for the car subsides in Japan?

Lets hope they do. But by that time though there will be a better type R available in Japan and we will be back here haveing the exact same discussion. Just wishing to get the newer type r.

DreadAngel
12-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Problem is, ADR has set levels, most european cars pass without a hitch :( Japanese cars to pass SEVS are subjected to the stupidest of tests. How many of you think Japanese cars have headlights that can't pass the ADR standard? Apparently all Japanese cars must have their headlights tested by various testing facilities and institution to convince the ADR that the headlights are "safe".

So there is more than just cost involved, the hassle involved with any Japanese car to be brought into Australia faces a very bias committee. This comes straight from taking to various compliance guys and RAWS workshop.

Felix
12-03-2008, 10:31 PM
So there is more than just cost involved, the hassle involved with any Japanese car to be brought into Australia faces a very bias committee.

And hassle = $$$$

Double R
12-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Location: Daikoku Futo - KyoufuTenshi Sukuro-Ru - NSW - Hills

No such place. JDM or Jap wannabe?

aaronng
12-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Location: Daikoku Futo - KyoufuTenshi Sukuro-Ru - NSW - Hills

No such place. JDM or Jap wannabe?

Stop being so hung up on JDM.

aaronng
12-03-2008, 11:37 PM
All Double R has shown is how childish he is by stooping to calling ppl names. How old are you? 9? Sheesh...

m0nty ITR
12-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Monty will die a horrible crash at Wakefield in shitbox DC5.

I suggest you read up on this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma) a little more before you continue.

BusterSonic12
12-03-2008, 11:46 PM
double R... wtf...

LD_Mart
13-03-2008, 07:18 AM
haha

that is all i got to say

Felix
13-03-2008, 10:14 AM
lol.
somewhere between the ages of 9 and 11 i believe.

bodaas
13-03-2008, 04:23 PM
bodaas, more interesting than your random post ;) lol

well mate, i am not jdm haters, dc5r hater, or ep3r hater or fd2r hater, i wish i can collect all this car in my garage.
i also dont like to criticize this car sht that car sht, everycar has it own weakness, build by human, we can say human error, thats life

people have their own choices to buy which car, which one best to buy which one is not, which one you can afford or which one you couldnt afford.
it should be discussion,not the haters.

i couldnt believe so much haters in the forum, in real life people love it
i was talking with some of the dc5 owner, they seem like the cars,we have a chat, i like their car too, we both same honda owner. But in this THREAd LOL

Mingy
13-03-2008, 04:58 PM
well mate, i am not jdm haters, dc5r hater, or ep3r hater or fd2r hater, i wish i can collect all this car in my garage.
i also dont like to criticize this car sht that car sht, everycar has it own weakness, build by human, we can say human error, thats life

people have their own choices to buy which car, which one best to buy which one is not, which one you can afford or which one you couldnt afford.

i was talking with some of the dc5 owner, they seem like the cars,we have a chat, i like their car too, we both same honda owner. But in this THREAd LOL

thats because haters don't turn up to jdm meets and they drive adm honda civics with fully sik 19" chrome rims with the wide bodykits OMG!

anu
13-03-2008, 07:11 PM

:thumbsup: bod man....i havent heard a negative comment bout my car in person ......y..e...t

like i said in one my posts....cars are subjective and not everyone
is gonna like a particular car. im glad that not every tom, dickh**d and harry drive the car that i do.

but man i never thought these threads would be this entertaining!!!! man....hahahahahahahahhaha

point i was trying to make in my last post was that there was a time wen you could walk into a honda showroom and choose between an nsx, crx, prelude or integra but these days??? .....and just my luck that now that im old enuff to have a licence and be able to afford these kinda cars, wat choice does honda give me?? an odyssey or a jazz??? so yer im glad that they did bring out the fn2r. its better than having nothing!!!!

hey moons mate....have u picked up ur car yet???

but yer guys....each to their own...peace :D

moons
13-03-2008, 07:48 PM
:hey moons mate....have u picked up ur car yet???

Saturday, with any luck.

Caught a glimpse of it when I took my plates in a few days ago and took this photo. :p

FN2 Haters look away!

LOL

amato2
13-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I luv this thread HEHE!!!!!!!!!

I am considering buying a FN2 in Red i luv them look like something out of this world to me they are a complete package only thing i want is a sunroof... i can hear everyone saying their slow and poo poo and stuff but hey you can only drive around up to 100km so whats the difference if you get there in 7.4sec instead of 6.6 HEHE

Well my 2 sence

Keep the funny comments coming HEHE

anu
13-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Saturday, with any luck.

Caught a glimpse of it when I took my plates in a few days ago and took this photo. :p

FN2 Haters look away!

LOL

FN2 Haters look away! ===> lol

beauty mate, beauty :cool:

u ended up buying it from berwick, didnt ya??

amato2 ...like ur 2 senSe man

moons
13-03-2008, 08:41 PM
..but hey you can only drive around up to 100km so whats the difference if you get there in 7.4sec instead of 6.6 HEHE

It's all about **** size, mate. :o

anu
13-03-2008, 08:43 PM
It's all about **** size, mate. :o

hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha haha :angel:

fasthonda
13-03-2008, 08:57 PM
It is interesting how this thread has spun out of control.All I'm reading is that the EP3,DC2 FD2 Type Rs are faster and such than the FN2.Australia has never had a true JDM version of a Honda Type R -which by the way ,we all know are faster than the Fn2.These kind of FN2 discussions have been done to death on these and other forums.
I think we need to shift focus from Honda vs Honda which,to a certain point is fine to discuss-but can also lead to keyboard "punch ups" and an undermining(playing into the hands of some members).Why can't a discussion take the form of say, could a EP3 or FD2(JDM) beat a Golf R32 in the 1/4 mile and around the track!?!etc,..etc..

For those that have ordered a Type R (FN2 or JDM Rs) - it's a HONDA, all the best and enjoy.:thumbsup:

bodaas
13-03-2008, 08:59 PM
for myself i m not really Fn2R freak,

if fd2r and fn2r available in australia,
i pick fd2r because its faster but what piss me off is that Fd2 can be easyly modify to be type R look alike

i pick fn2r, because its better interior and front looks, and i know its slower but the good thing is there is no look alike type R

if some people say somthing about ep3r, i knew its fast and better
its like you talking about mitsubishi EVo 7 and Evo 9, evo 7 faster and better on track.
But definately people wont trade in new generation for past genaration

about Dc5, its more to unique car enthusiast, since honda doesnt produce this car anymore

anu
13-03-2008, 09:09 PM
718 replies...not bad....

i actually saw a black one today driving past my office in the morning. the first one ive seen in black on the road (apart from mine)...i work in dandy, vic next to the family court and centrelink office and across the road from the juvi centre....and for a second man my heart nearly stopped...thought some prick had nicked mine....then looked at the plates and nah its all good....its someone elses..lol....guess them sales r pickin up???

showed it to one of the partners at my firm today and man i swear he was more excited seein my car than i was on the day i picked it up....copping a feel here n there on my baby! he picks up his new 300C tomorro btw...optioned up 20inchers on it 2 ...HOT! :)

amato2
13-03-2008, 09:14 PM
HEHE for me coming from a slusshy CK accord.. Piece my brova SiReal HEHE, a fn2r is definatly a **** size increase LOL... well what i think after 60 pages of posts is that ppl have different wants form a car so if you want a bullet go n buy some turbo car such as a 335ci bm NICE.. but if you want a nice everyday car that looks gr8 fn2 if ya want a buzz bucket buy a getz HEHE people want different things out of their cars thats why there are so many to choose from!!

well getting back on topic how much would i be lookin at for fn2 on the road, im guessin around 42k - 45k ish yeah

moons
13-03-2008, 09:33 PM
well getting back on topic how much would i be lookin at for fn2 on the road, im guessin around 42k - 45k ish yeah

Yeah. I ordered mine for 43k for a 2008 built one, with the following extras:

Front + Rear Skirts (I will retain the original skirts)
Luggage Tray
Floor Carpets (2 Sets)
Accent Lighting
iPod adapter
Emblem pack
Door Trims
Mud Flaps
Free Oil Change (and filter) at 1000/1500km
Full tank of 98RON
Touch Up Paint
Courtesy Car on all Warranty/Services
Extra Civic/Red H/Type R badges

I also stipulated that the car must have under 20km on the odometer and be new and not floor/showroom stock.

Judging by other deals I've read about online, I make it about 500/1K off the mark - but I'll be more than happy when I pick it up - Only a few days to go!

Yeah, it's a cut and paste from another site.. but its still accurate! :p

amato2
05-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Guess what guys i just bought a Milano Red one today!!!!!!!!!!!! like i am in love with the car i read so many reviews n got turned off but i went just to compare against the GTI, dun get me wrong GTI is a really nice car too but compared to the FN2 its plain jane...DSG a treat though

OMG i am so excited picking it up in 3 weeks i got mats, tints, Ipod thingi and paint protection for 44k on road... man i cant wait my very first R should be really fun

If SiReal reads post sorry brova i jumped ship but i still got ya bak bro HEHE

Sidor
05-04-2008, 08:17 PM
OMG i am so excited picking it up in 3 weeks i got mats, tints, Ipod thingi and paint protection for 44k on road... man i cant wait my very first R should be really fun

how much ? what dealer ?
is it new 2008 or demo/2007 ?
3 weeks looks not much to wait at all !
the car should be already in Australia

amato2
05-04-2008, 11:45 PM
i paid 44 its a march 08 build 0km HEHE

i seriously cant wait so excited, first nnew car for me too HEHE

ohhh i bought it from essendon Honda in melbourne

m0nty ITR
05-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Yeah. I ordered mine for 43k for a 2008 built one, with the following extras:

Free Oil Change (and filter) at 1000/1500km
Full tank of 98RON
Touch Up Paint

I also stipulated that the car must have under 20km on the odometer and be new and not floor/showroom stock.

Why have you listed standard items. Why not list K20 engine and 18" alloys?

The dealer may not have control of the odometer reading. We get our cars in with between 9 and 55kms.

moons
05-04-2008, 11:54 PM
i paid 44 its a march 08 build 0km HEHE

0 km? :p

moons
06-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Why have you listed standard items. Why not list K20 engine and 18" alloys?

a) Free oil change and filter is not standard.
b) I'm sure standard procedure is to put in a full tank of 95RON, not 98.
c) I received an extra tin of touch up paint.

The dealer may not have control of the odometer reading. We get our cars in with between 9 and 55kms.

Sucks to be you. My understanding is that by law a "new" car may have up to 1500km (not a typo) as long as it has never been registered.

Not really sure what your problem is: Being a salesguy, maybe you are upset that others might ask for the same sort of deal?

Hell, you don't work for FTG Honda do you?

LMFAO :wave:

moons
06-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Here she is. :p

cjcha4
06-04-2008, 01:00 AM
I just put down a deposit for a Black CTR today with mats, emblems and rear skirt below $42k.

Picking it up next week sometime.

JZ45HO
06-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Scotts Honda in Artarmon are doing 39,990 driveaway

Sidor
06-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Scotts Honda in Artarmon are doing 39,990 driveaway

must be ex-demo ...

amato2
06-04-2008, 09:53 AM
i still cant wait HEHE im counting down the days only 21left now until the milano red Honda comes....

anyone got the Jtune mild flash running in there car... thats really the only performance mod i am looking at cause i really like the car the was it is, just a lil more kick would finish it right off LOL

jimmeh
06-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Plenty of JTune users over on Hondatech have a read and ask them

http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=2093 (http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=2093)

cjcha4
06-04-2008, 06:13 PM
amato2: how come yours will take 21 days to arrive, I was told new stock was in this week.

JZ45HO
06-04-2008, 06:19 PM
must be ex-demo ...

nope not at all.. i bought mine from them.. its their everyday price.. give em a ring

m0nty ITR
06-04-2008, 06:26 PM
amato2: how come yours will take 21 days to arrive, I was told new stock was in this week.

There is no such thing as arriving stock. It's all incremental. Car dealerships aren't equipped to receive a month worth of stock in one go. Ours receives 6 cars a day throughout the week. It's a random selection of cars, just like you see on the back of a Patrick truck.

m0nty ITR
06-04-2008, 06:30 PM
b) I'm sure standard procedure is to put in a full tank of 95RON, not 98.
c) I received an extra tin of touch up paint.

Sucks to be you. My understanding is that by law a "new" car may have up to 1500km (not a typo) as long as it has never been registered.

Not really sure what your problem is: Being a salesguy, maybe you are upset that others might ask for the same sort of deal?

If the dealership has cars that run on 98RON they'll fill it with 98RON. And even if they didn't are you gonna test it to make sure?

Good for you on the touch up paint. You'll need it for the paint flaws the FN2 has. Ask any of the guys that have stone chips all over their bonnets.

If the car had 21kms would you send it back and ask for a new one? Just curious as to what kind of customer you'd be.

moons
06-04-2008, 06:44 PM
If the dealership has cars that run on 98RON they'll fill it with 98RON.

I hope you don't sell Type-Rs mate. Type Rs run on 95 minimum so I really don't think any dealer in Australia would fill it with 98 as standard.

And even if they didn't are you gonna test it to make sure?

And you are right, maybe they didn't fill it with 98 as requested, but as a customer the most I can do is put it in writing. As a salesman, what would you do? LOL

Good for you on the touch up paint. You'll need it for the paint flaws the FN2 has. Ask any of the guys that have stone chips all over their bonnets.

I have Ozi Cozi plastic clear coat.. Go on, say it's crap.

If the car had 21kms would you send it back and ask for a new one? Just curious as to what kind of customer you'd be.

As a salesguy you should know - It's all just a game. FYI my car arrived with 27Km and I accepted it.

Of course, as a customer I wanted to be able to reject a car via my contract if it had too many k's. And here another question presents: As a salesman would you hold a customer to a contract when the car delivered had 1000km on it?

m0nty ITR
06-04-2008, 06:57 PM
As a salesguy you should know - It's all just a game. FYI my car arrived with 27Km and I accepted it.

Of course, as a customer I wanted to be able to reject a car via my contract if it had too many k's. And here another question presents: As a salesman would you hold a customer to a contract when the car delivered had 1000km on it?

I wouldn't accept the car from the manufacturer in the first place if it had those KMs and if it had them thanks to our doing I would let the customer know before doing the deal. Transparency goes a long way.

I don't play games with my customers. I treat them with respect. I don't screw them over and in return I don't have time for those that try to screw me over. If you think it's all a game, good for you. I hope you had your win.

amato2
06-04-2008, 09:50 PM
I asked for it for it to be ready on the 28th due to some timing of some things... but yeah they said that they were expecting my car at the dealer possible within the next 10 to 15 days.. i clearly instructed them though that the car is to not have more then 10km on it HEHE and its written down on my contract LOL

amato2
06-04-2008, 09:51 PM
oh and jimmeh thanks for the link to the Jtune forums stuff

Thanks

Felix
17-04-2008, 10:28 AM
My New silver FN2R will be delivered to my doorstep late next week.
Got it for $38 000 driveaway with mats, emblem set, and bluetooth. Its a dec 07 and has around 145kms on it (about 40 of these kms i put on the car myself, another 15kms was put on by a mate of mine)...

From what I can see on here, this seems to be one of the best deals on a new CTR yet..

moons
17-04-2008, 10:38 AM
From what I can see on here, this seems to be one of the best deals on a new CTR yet..

Yeah. For a demo :)

Felix
17-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Yeah. For a demo :)

Yeah not too sure that it was actually being used as a demo though.
The dealership had another one there which was there official demo one, its registered, and had over 3000 kms on it....
My one wasnt rego'ed.

Except for the KMs me and my mate put on it test driveing, it had only done $85kms in 4months. It took some convincing before the saleslady would let us drive it... So even though it has sat at the dealer, its probably only been driven around the block a few times, or off to get fueled up.

dyljoy
17-04-2008, 01:30 PM
then i think another 3000km+ one should much cheaper than your new one?:p

The dealership had another one there which was there official demo one, its registered, and had over 3000 kms on it....
My one wasnt rego'ed.

Except for the KMs me and my mate put on it test driveing, it had only done $85kms in 4months. It took some convincing before the saleslady would let us drive it... So even though it has sat at the dealer, its probably only been driven around the block a few times, or off to get fueled up.

Felix
17-04-2008, 01:59 PM
then i think another 3000km+ one should much cheaper than your new one?:p

Yeah i'm sure it would be much cheaper. Considering the condition. Bird crap stains on the car. One of the rims looked a bit guttered. etc etc.
But it wasn't the colour i was after anyway.

moons
17-04-2008, 02:12 PM

Yeah you are:
..except for the KMs me and my mate put on it test driveing

I'd always pay a premium for a car with very low kays, but that's just me. Hell, I even rejected discounted showroom floor vehicles.

Anyway, enjoy your car.

jonogee
17-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Hey guys, just thought i'd let you know how much i got mine for.. ordered her a month ago and picked my CTR FN2 2 weeks ago.. i got her for $39,500 on the road with
- Mats
- Tint
- iPod adapter

Loving the way she drives!..

Felix
17-04-2008, 03:08 PM
i got her for $39,500 on the road with
- Mats
- Tint
- iPod adapter

Was yours 07 built?

They are definately going for alot cheaper now then what they were 3 - 4 months ago...