PDA

View Full Version : eibach springs on civics

Dr4g0n
09-07-2004, 02:19 AM
following on from my thread about which springs to get with koni yellow adjustables...just wanting some opinions from anyone who have eibach springs installed on their civic or have been for a ride in one.

what difference in handling characteristics and ride quality is there between the sportsline and the prokit springs? not too fussed about height drop as that'll be taken care of with the height adjustable clips on the koni's...

z3lda
09-07-2004, 10:01 AM
i've had eibach on my 88crx. the handling was excellent, but it wasnt the smoothest ride round.
compared that to wat i got now, king springs, i would go bak to eibach any day.

MRJDM
09-07-2004, 11:10 AM
koni adjustable is the way to go

LatinoHatchCrap
09-07-2004, 11:26 AM
get the prokit if you want a slight drop. get the sportiline if you want the agressive drop. whiever way you go you wont look back.

Dr4g0n
09-07-2004, 12:21 PM
does anyone know which type the grey eibach springs are? prokit or sportline?

luzinit
09-07-2004, 12:29 PM
i've got black ones, they are prokit, i dont know what color the sportlines are.. but yeh, i'd say depends on how much of a drop u want.. im currently considering selling my prokits and getting sportlines as im after more of a drop .. i've got koni yellows as well

Trust-Me
09-07-2004, 01:19 PM
ive heard the eibach combined with the koni yellow, gives a nice ride and handling performance...

i thought Australia only bring in the prokit not the sportline... ???

Dr4g0n
09-07-2004, 02:10 PM
ok, i just picked up the springs....they're so short compared to stock...about half or abit less than half the size of the stock spring but thicker...this sound right to you guys? they're dark grey in colour...

yeah, the guy at suspension city said they'll go real nicely with the koni yellows...

luzinit
09-07-2004, 02:55 PM
yup they are shorter.. when u install it, it would be good to insulate the top closer coils with some rubber tubing, otherwise u mite get some CLUNKing noises like i did with my prokit setup.. after i got it insulated, the noises have since gone away.

yup they are alot shorter.. which is why i kinda want new springs to get a bigger drop at the back. i considered getting my shocks machined for another perch in the rear, but the springs are so short that it is not recommended, just incase u go over some big hump only to have the spring fall out of the spring cup hehe

other than that, they provide a fantastic upgrade over stock, subtle drop with a very noticeable increase in handling/cornering ability

LatinoHatchCrap
09-07-2004, 08:31 PM
i've been in a civic with prokits and they handle way better than kings. Worth every penny if want an awesome setup for the street with the occasional track day :thumbsup:

CivicCoupe
09-07-2004, 09:57 PM
I have the sportline kit and they came in a red colour. They are a really good compromise between ride comfort and quality as well as being able to give the reduction in height. Mine was a 2 inch drop with the sportline. After driving on these for about 6 months now, i've had no problems whatsoever.

Muckafutha
11-07-2004, 10:59 AM
yup they are shorter.. when u install it, it would be good to insulate the top closer coils with some rubber tubing, otherwise u mite get some CLUNKing noises like i did with my prokit setup.. after i got it insulated, the noises have since gone away.

er can i just ask where u got them insuklated and how much it costs cos i am pissed wif the noises from my car

luzinit
11-07-2004, 06:45 PM
heheheh does ur car sound like its gonan break? coz mine did, well atleast before i got it insulated, i think its the closer coils hittin together and also the insulation helped the spring stick to the top of the strut more firmly.. u can do it urself if u've taken ur springs before, its just some rubber tubin along the top of the coils, so take it to neone who can install shocks/springs, i did mine at heasmans steering in sydney

Muckafutha
12-07-2004, 11:21 AM
thanx will give it a shot. anything to stop the sickening sounds