PDA

View Full Version : integra relays whereabouts?

garett
09-06-2007, 12:54 PM
hey guys, sounds funny, my mum has a xs16 integra 86 model pop up headlight one. with d16

and im trying to find the relays as one seems to be rooted. its the relay for the power windows and the for the windscreen wipers. i have looked in the interior fusebox and around it... Nothing. and nothing seems to be in the engine bay or the engine bay fusebox... so i thought i would have a look on my DA9 for some relays as would be a similar layout. but again i cant find any...

any help is help
cheers

jwai
11-06-2007, 06:55 PM
hey dude...
if its wat im thinking...it should be within the interior of the car...try looking behind the glove box compartment on the passenger side. (taking that out makes it 100x easier) :thumbsup:

CRXer
11-06-2007, 07:33 PM
There is no relay for the wipers.

The power window relay is usually clipped into the back of the under dash fuse box.

Why what is the problem/s?

garett
12-06-2007, 10:42 AM
every time she uses the wipers it blows a fuse.

and apparently the wipers and power windows run off the same relay

CRXer
12-06-2007, 01:39 PM
What i should say is the wipers do have a relay,but its for the intermittent function,not the relay u are thinking of.

U will find the wipers & the "power window relay" share the same fuse,not the same relay,so if the fuse blows, both dont work.

If the fuse just blows when the wipers are turned on,then it is just a wiper problem,nothing to do with the windows.

A simple thing to look at first is make sure the wipers are not just virtually "glued" to the window,as this can happen if they are not used for extensive periods & it will overload the motor & blow the fuse.

Another thing would be to test the motor itself & this would require a multimeter & some wire to hook the motor up straight to the battery,do u have both of these?

garett
12-06-2007, 05:13 PM
should manage to get em yer