PDA

View Full Version : Colour coding

burma
09-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Hi guys
I have searched but didnt find what i was looking for.
I am planning to colour code parts of my car and I am wondering if any places have the exact Honda "Frost White" spray colour (NH 538). Places like supercheap and repco usually have Holden/Ford colours. I don't want to spend $300-$400 at a smash repairer because i dont think it is worth it when i can do it for about $40.

m3ntAL_l2
09-06-2007, 09:52 PM
wot part u looking to get it colour coded???
from experience man, i used to think the same way y spend all that money when i can just get a can or spray paint made up and do it my self.
i had to learn the hard way. if ur looking to get bumper or door stripes colour coded better off to get a professional panel shop to do it properly

Zilli
09-06-2007, 10:38 PM
some Auto One chains have a mixing machine that will mix the colour based on colour code, and put it in a spray pack for you. I fixed my ute with it and the colour matched really surprisingly well, i blended it though, and the buffed

burma
09-06-2007, 10:44 PM
yea I painted my lip myself and the quality was ok so thats why i wanted to DIY. although i do admit the colour wasn't a perfect match thats why im asking for the closest colour to frost white.

So the only option is to try to get a close match to the honda colour.

I know what you mean and i will probably end up getting it professionally painted.

burma
09-06-2007, 10:49 PM
hey Zilli
so those AutoOne stores have the exact colour ie. i tell them the colour code?

thanks

Zilli
09-06-2007, 10:58 PM
yeh man, they came out and grabbed the code from under the bonnet when i went. I dont know if they all have it, but the one in Chatswood does. too easy man, took about 15 minutes to do, and was about 15 bucks a can.

i definitely recommend. BUT, i did a small corner of the rear of the thing, if your doing a large area, then if it doesnt match 100% its going to be much more noticable.

m3ntAL_l2
09-06-2007, 11:00 PM
wdf?!1 $15 thats bs. mine costed me $35 a can, and the guy didnt even look at the code.

burma
09-06-2007, 11:41 PM
thanks for the input guys

main thing i don't like about DIY is the crappy clear coat they sell...
i guess i'll check out that store and buy a can and spray an area....if that isn't up to standard then i guess i'll get it done at a panel shop.

Zilli
10-06-2007, 10:49 AM
wdf?!1 $15 thats bs. mine costed me $35 a can, and the guy didnt even look at the code.

ok, i come on OH to bullshit people... and i get a lot out of saying that can of paint are less than what they are :confused:

Zilli
10-06-2007, 10:50 AM
thanks for the input guys

main thing i don't like about DIY is the crappy clear coat they sell...
i guess i'll check out that store and buy a can and spray an area....if that isn't up to standard then i guess i'll get it done at a panel shop.

Yeh i know what you mean about the clear coat... but this paint didnt need a clearcoat... just straight colour

creativepunka
10-06-2007, 11:46 AM
How would it look without the clear coat tho? The frost white had a champion white clear coat. is that just a clear with a tint??

Zilli
10-06-2007, 11:51 AM
hmmmm i dont really know....

i just compounded the fresh paint a week afterwards, with different grade compounds followed by polish then wax and it was all good