PDA

View Full Version : Sir Conversion

SiR JDM
09-07-2004, 03:37 AM
hey everyone..my EG3 breeze to EG6 SIR conversion is pretty much finished... i havn't driven it yet.. but i have gone down and seen it at the place where its gettin done n all looks ok.. just a few concerns..

1 - Its still got my breeze radiator.. i noticed when taking it for a couple of test drives.. didn't even get into vtec.. just testing the car etc, that the temperature rises a fair bit... could this be because of the radiator? or just in need of a proper clean/flush and refluid? Is the Breeze radiator enough? or would i need to upgrade to say, an SI one? or is this still inadequet?

2 - Ive currently still got rear drums... is it easy/cheap to convert these to discs from say an SI? Whats involved? I heard you need to change the master cylinder? or something.. im not very mechanical-wise.. so im not too sure on this? anyone done it ? who can shed some light...? Ive got front discs on currently...

MRJDM
09-07-2004, 11:06 AM
first off, im guessing you bought a EG half cut. so the b16 radiator should have come with the half cut just tell them to swap it over as well.

ive swapped my drums to disks. but ive got integra VTIR disks on. are you in sydney. then go to good performance

SiR JDM
09-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Well.. i didn't buy the 1/2 cut... a friend just gave me this guys number.. hes an importer.. he said hell jus do the whole thing for the set price we agreed on.. He dind't have the radiator..

im in melb....

does breeze to SIR need engeneering certificate in melb? or is that only for upgrading to a larger engine? if you do need, is it expensive/hard to come by?

[[d a n n y]]
09-07-2004, 12:04 PM
mate..

did u heat the engine up ?

when the engine is cold the vtec wont engage so it wont damage the engine..

and also...

for the rear brakes..

what i told u b4 is the best way..

it's good fi u have a master cylinder off a all 4 wheels disc equiped car.
u can buy the whole arm and stuff for about 300 bucks

SiR JDM
09-07-2004, 01:28 PM
did u heat the engine up ?

when the engine is cold the vtec wont engage so it wont damage the engine..

I didn't even rev it past 3 or 4k rpm ... i was just making sure it was running etc.. my breaks were shot at that time, so i didn't wanna take it very hard..

it's good fi u have a master cylinder off a all 4 wheels disc equiped car.
u can buy the whole arm and stuff for about 300 bucks
I have front discs from the SIR ... n the engine/disc etc came from a 4 door SIR, so im pretty sure the master cylinder would be from a 4 wheel disc equiped car.
Parts you say 300$? labour? how much labour would i be looking at to get it done in melb somwhere?

Also, does anyone know if the SI Radiator is dual core? and if it would be suffice for my conversion?

[[d a n n y]]
09-07-2004, 01:46 PM
sorry mate misunderstood the thing..