PDA

View Full Version : oem mounts or aftermarket mounts?

simonnowis
10-06-2007, 01:12 AM
hi, when doing a b18c7 conversion to a eg hatch, which mounts are more reliable? aftermarket mounts or the dc2r oem mounts? are they any difference at all?

thanks guys for the help.

misteR_bilzz
10-06-2007, 01:24 AM
well they wouldnt be called after market if there wasn't a difference in them, there are engine mounts such as the hasports mounts made of hard polyurethane, meaning theyd be more reliable in terms of life span - so id be looking for something along those lines. hope that helps!

EG5
10-06-2007, 01:25 AM
hasport FTW!

simonnowis
11-06-2007, 10:59 AM
im still alittle confused, so the oem dc2R mounts vs hasport mounts theres a significant difference in lifespan? how big the difference?

im alittle worried as i plan on keeping the car for awhile and i dont want it to have problems along the way. buying hasport mounts prior to conversion will cost me a few hundred bucks more.
i heard the hasport mounts are more stable as it doesnt vibrate as much.
is this true?
what do you guys suggest?
thanks

czy_sol87
11-06-2007, 01:03 PM
oem dc2r mounts wont fit into the eg chassy, unless u've already had a b-series in there ie eg6, a d-series motor is mounted differently than a b-series, ie different mounting spots

zco
11-06-2007, 03:35 PM
when doing a swap, you take hte mounts that the b18c came with and shove them into your EG. there are a few of the mounts that are the same.

as for reliability, hasports are harder than the oem mounts... there are 3 diff grades in hasport mounts. all for diff purposes. harder mounts = more durable but you sacrifice comfortability

SLOWEGG
11-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Use the mounts that came with the engine but you have to use the lower torque mounts from the EG.

ZeForce
11-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Use the mounts that came with the engine but you have to use the lower torque mounts from the EG.

Dont mean to hijack, does the hasport mount kit only include the 3 top engine mounts and you would still have to use the 2 OEM front torque mounts?

zco
11-06-2007, 04:52 PM
yes..

bennjamin
11-06-2007, 05:51 PM
the DC series share all the same actual mounts as the EGs.
You just use the metal mounting of the engine suited , and the rest fits.

Only exception is using the DC2R torque mounts on a EG - you need to cut out a small piece of metal off the chassis as the DC2R is flat where the EG is curved to fit

jdm_kid
11-06-2007, 05:56 PM
depends what ur planning to do with ur engine ... and how hard ur gunna drive it

fatboyz39
11-06-2007, 08:24 PM
If you can stand vibration then go for filled in engine mounts. If not then forget about it. Standard OEM mounts are fine.

I would just get OEM mounts and get them properly filled in professionally. Will be alot cheaper then aftermarket mounts out there.