PDA

View Full Version : Help with DC2 Integra Sound Install

Integra_Sex
10-06-2007, 02:16 AM
Hiya Guys, i just put a deposit on a DC2 (first honda) ... I'm 19 and all so pretty excited, its a 1995 GSI just waiting for the RWC to be done next week... and yeah, she's all mine.

My car actually got written off three weeks ago and God bless the insurance company (evil scum) that paid me out only the other day, so I've been looking like crazy and I've come to the conclusion, the DC2 was for me. ANYWAY

I was wondering, I have a set of 6.5 inch Alpine Type R 350 watt speakers, is there room to put them in ( I didn't get a good chance to get a look at the speakers when i took the car for a test drive) ..the rear parcel shelf/ door pods? Or do i need to buy a set of speaker boxes and have the audio setup looking all ugly and shyte......

quangsta
10-06-2007, 02:29 AM
congrats
btw a GSi is a dc4 just to let you know

m3ntAL_l2
10-06-2007, 02:31 AM
best not to cut hole in the parcel shelf.
buy another set of good 6" speakers they will fit right in, 6.5" might need sum work to get them fitted

Integra_Sex
10-06-2007, 03:25 AM
Aww crap... I just spent like 200 ish bucks on speakers (had planned them to go into my VS calais, but because it was written off... they actually ended up arriving the day the car got taken to the insurance yard).

How much work would be involved ? Or... could I buy a set of speaker boxers and put them in some inconspicuous area.......

Hey, thanks for helping guys, really appreciated. Never thought i'd get a response so fast !

stanleym
10-06-2007, 12:31 PM
post a pic of the speakers... 6.5" speakers can fit in the oem fittings

all that needs to be doen isbend a few little tabs on the speaker and shoudl slide straight in....

if there some wat like this:
http://www.hookedontronics.com/brands/alpine/more/spr17_3.jpg

then on the left picture u see 3 little tabs coming slightly further out than the circumference of the speaker those are all u need to bend up... well thats how it was on my speakers

hope it helps man and yea check my signature out 2 :):):):)

Integra_Sex
10-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah, they're the speakers... Sweet so they'll fit.

What Size speakers go in the front ?? Are they 4 inch ones ... O.o Are there even ones IN the front lol I have no idea I only looked at basics the other day.......

solitz
10-06-2007, 09:33 PM
the speakers in the fornt are located in the door skins.
in teh fornt you can fit 6.5" speakers but it depends on how deep the actual speaker is. as for me i have focal splits and i needed to make a spacer to accomodate for the magnet (huge mofo) so it dosnt touch the window but the original doorskin does still fit

ull be able to put 6.5" speakers in the front but 6" will also fit ^.^

stanleym
10-06-2007, 09:41 PM
^^ indeed true spacers are fairly easy to make etc.. when puttin gthe speaker in providing u kno wat ur doing etc.. put ur window down all the way so u can tell easy enough if it will hit etc....

saves the hassle of undoing everything later on..

door triim is easy enough to get off...
screw at the door handle behind the little flap..
screw also in the little pocket where u pull the door shut
also a plastic one close to where the power window switch is i think maybe diagonal up and left a bit lol
then basically the door just unclips from the bottom
note u will have to unclip the power window swtich so make sure u put windows down b4 doing this

hope it all helps man

Integra_Sex
10-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah Thanks guys.

I'm thinking about buying a different set of sixes for the front anyway... anyone know a good quality set around 150+watt, that'll fit right in without any hassles?

stanleym
10-06-2007, 11:01 PM
best bet would be to tell us ur budget.. u said u have alpine already yea

solitz
10-06-2007, 11:10 PM
hmm 150watt RMS or peak power..coz there is a difference there!
and like stanley said..depends on ur budget..give us a price range and we can suggest some speakers to ya.

rule of thumb is that go by what your ears like ..so go and audition some speakers and see what u like and what fits into ur budget

Integra_Sex
10-06-2007, 11:57 PM
200/300 bucks

Heh, any watts around that range (good quality) will do...

I'm also looking at the possibility of a 4 channel amp later down the track...

stanleym
11-06-2007, 12:05 AM
i assume u will be gettin a sub etc correct preferably get somethin with splits .. but like above best bet go to audio store and check out wat u like not wat the sales person tells u to like