PDA

View Full Version : Reusable CAI filter

nugget1
10-06-2007, 10:20 AM
I've just installed a CAI and it comes with a washable reusable filter, firstly do I need to spray filter oil on it and how do you wash them? TIA

Zilli
10-06-2007, 10:44 AM
of cai mate? ie brand. Ive got an injen cai that came with a K&N style filter that doesnt need oiling. Generally the only time you will need to oil a filter is when the element is sponge

aaronng
12-06-2007, 11:18 PM
of cai mate? ie brand. Ive got an injen cai that came with a K&N style filter that doesnt need oiling. Generally the only time you will need to oil a filter is when the element is sponge

No. Pod filters like those sold by K&N MUST BE OILED. The only ones that don't need oiling are paper filters (Apexi and Supercheapauto specials) and the new polyester ones made by AEM.

Your Injen's filter be oiled as well. Here is the kit you should use: http://www.injen.com/docs/products/listing.asp?pcc=ol

Limbo
13-06-2007, 05:11 PM
if it needs to be cleaned you can use the cleaning kits but i've used degreaser, warm water & then drip dry in shade

EG5[KRT]
13-06-2007, 10:14 PM
u can get k&n air filter cleaner and then there is the new oil which u can spray on.

ACTI0NMAN-1
13-06-2007, 10:20 PM
k&n cotton filters are oiled.