PDA

View Full Version : Smashed XSI

krovikan
10-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Last Thursday, in da rain, someone in a camry decided to do some body wrk to the rear of my teggy. He ran off too, but i managed to get his rego n busted him.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/tate2001/damaged_integra.JPG

i removed my sound system (as da boot started filling up with water n i couldnt move it at da time)

Gonna get some quotes next tuesday... hopfully no chassis damage...

Does anyone know... can it be a ride-off since he has hit me? if so, what are the conditions for it to be a ride-off?

thax guys

SiReal
10-06-2007, 08:59 PM
write-off - usually when it costs over a certain percentrage to fix of that cars value. i hear 30% or something. so if ur cars worth $4500, and to fix costs $2000, they would pay you $4500 instead.

Zilli
10-06-2007, 09:09 PM
write-off - usually when it costs over a certain percentrage to fix of that cars value. i hear 30% or something. so if ur cars worth $4500, and to fix costs $2000, they would pay you $4500 instead.

in most cases this is reality, but it really does come down to the mood of the assessor too... ive seen cases where the value of damage was almost the same as the car, and it was repaired. It comes down to insured value, mood of assessor, monthly targets of the assessor, short terms strategy of the assessment centre.

Basically pot luck for us lay people

Sometimes they will also decide to cash settle the damage, in this case you are not at fault, so go to your preferred repairer, tell them you want it fixed, and they will take care of the rest. No need to get multiple quotes unless the 3rd parties insurer requests it. But you have no need to do it unless it is requested, and get the 3rd party to lodge a claim, and give you the claim number as this is the reference your repairer will use when speaking to the insurer.

Hope this helps

KLA80T
10-06-2007, 10:02 PM
one piece of advice just in case they will decide to write-off your car.....

get rid off all your mods before the assessor sees it when they are assessing it or before they tow your car away because most of the time they will write off a car if they know that the insurer can make money/profit off your wrecked car like... parts and stuff, sometimes auction the whole car to the wreckers and most of all get all the mods inside like head units, sub, amps, body kits, rims, alarms etc... and sell it separately for their own profit!

that happend to my brothers wrx! they took the whole lot! and not given us back all the mods as it was included on the accident! i hope this makes sense to you?

If they will fix it.....

make sure they will give you a courtesy car and not charge you a single cent!

If you want a body kit... maybe you can start with your rear bumper! it will be good for both parties!!!! good for you ofcourse! and good for the insurer as it will be cheaper to replace compared to getting the oem ones from honda ( that's if they are not gonna get the parts from the wreckers!)

...but this is just samples! you can turn everyting around to your advantage if you know what to do coz sometimes if they know that you don't know anything they will push you around!

GOOD LUCK!

bennjamin
10-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Judging from previous accidents ive seen/'been in that looks like a writeoff to me. Bad luck mate you will get a letter from your or the persons insurance company and then a cheque for the cars value.

Zilli
10-06-2007, 10:21 PM
one piece of advice just in case they will decide to write-off your car.....

get rid off all your mods before the assessor sees it when they are assessing it or before they tow your car away because most of the time they will write off a car if they know that the insurer can make money/profit off your wrecked car like... parts and stuff, sometimes auction the whole car to the wreckers and most of all get all the mods inside like head units, sub, amps, body kits, rims, alarms etc... and sell it separately for their own profit!

that happend to my brothers wrx! they took the whole lot! and not given us back all the mods as it was included on the accident! i hope this makes sense to you?

If they will fix it.....

make sure they will give you a courtesy car and not charge you a single cent!

If you want a body kit... maybe you can start with your rear bumper! it will be good for both parties!!!! good for you ofcourse! and good for the insurer as it will be cheaper to replace compared to getting the oem ones from honda ( that's if they are not gonna get the parts from the wreckers!)

...but this is just samples! you can turn everyting around to your advantage if you know what to do coz sometimes if they know that you don't know anything they will push you around!

GOOD LUCK!

If the mods are not part of the policy coverage he has the right to remove them himself, that is of course, if they aren't against the underwriting principles of the insurer.In this case he is uninsured, and is claiming against the third parties insurer, so yes, take everyhting you want to keep out of it, but bear in mind that will reduce the value you negotiate with the insurer

Mr_will
10-06-2007, 10:35 PM
get it written off....and part if out...and sell the parts to me.

dsp26
10-06-2007, 10:46 PM
If your car is TPP insured then an independent assessor to both parties insurance company (organised by the at fault) will assess the vehicle of all damages.

IF he decides to write it off you will get THEIR assessed market value MINUS wreck value + you get to keep the car.

aimre
11-06-2007, 02:27 AM

GOOD LUCK!

Umm theres no way they would buy NEW parts for that car

11-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Startn taking off every thing before the insurance guy comes !! or ur car will be towed away with all the stuff inside!

it have a big possibility of getting write-off, the fender FLEX untill pillar C, and thats your structure!

and that will cost more to fix than what the car worth! assuming ur car worth like $4500 in stock condition.

dsp26
11-06-2007, 10:21 AM
^^^depends if he's TPP.

I wasted 3 weekends stripping shit off my write-off only to be told i'm forced to keep it... worked out better anyway.