PDA

View Full Version : Rust protection

JINRAI
09-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Hey everyone...

Don't know if this is the right area to post this topic...sorry if it isn't... :roll:

Are those electric/electronic rust protection devices any good? Heard of Couplertec or somethin like that....the brand name....I'm thinkin of putting it on but just to get a second opinion....just a bit particular about rusting bolts and nuts...drives me crazy! Which areas are prone to rust compared to others?

Thanx! :)

ECU-MAN
09-07-2004, 09:58 PM
Iv heard those things are ok, they are ment to charge the car body with negative iorns. a bit like the big hunk of iron on ships that do a similar thing.

Boost
10-07-2004, 11:08 AM
Wow! thats an interesting concept. Charging the body with an electric charge, but i thought that rust is due to the reaction of oxygen and the metal that comes in contact with it. OR is it galvanic corrosion? This is a very interesting technique in preventing corrosion.

ECU-MAN
10-07-2004, 11:16 AM
Wow! thats an interesting concept. Charging the body with an electric charge, but i thought that rust is due to the reaction of oxygen and the metal that comes in contact with it. OR is it galvanic corrosion? This is a very interesting technique in preventing corrosion.

Im no experton these things, but when they were flogging these things they were saying that negative iorns dont attract corrosion ( as much ). they did tests like sanding back parts of paint ( under the hood ) to bear metal and it dint rust as quick as another car with out the anti rust unit, it just copped a bit of serfice rust over a longer period of time. Id loveto see those cars now as that was 7 years ago