PDA

View Full Version : Ek1 cat?

Jord
11-06-2007, 10:27 AM
would a stock 1994 Honda Integra VTi-R OEM Cat converter bolt up to an EK1? im just looking for a cheaper way to fix my cat at the moment can get pics if needed?

cheers
Jordan

simonnowis
11-06-2007, 11:13 AM
yeh it would fit. what happend to the EK1 cat? did it break?
how much is your bugget? you might as well just get a new highflow cat.
try ebay theres alot of cheap cats on there, ppl say ebay is crap but really depends on who your buying off.

btw is your exhaust modified?

JDMCVC
11-06-2007, 12:38 PM
it wont fit mate, afaik the vtir cats are longer than the oem ek1 ones

Jord
11-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Yes my exhaust is modified. i brought the car with a 2.5 inch cat back exhaust with a dirty big arse cannon hanging off the end. once i drove the car home from sydney to hob.. i then realised the exhaust was shit sounded like arse and wasnt helping my engine in any way. so i went ot the zorst shop and got a 2 inch cat back zorst with a single resonator and a nice sports muffler... a mear 3 weeks later i hear this annoying rattle coming from the zorst i took it back to the zorst shop, he tells me its the cat and that it would be 180-220 to buy and fit a new cat, i was like WTF! cos the zorst cat back only cost me 250... originally i was going to just take the standard cat out and smash the guts out or put a pipe thru ( yes i no its illegal) but i decided against it.

i dont think it is a problem if the VTIR cat is too long.... cos the pip at the back of the car is welded to it not bolted so they could just lob a bit of the new zorst off...

so i guess i could rephrase my question..

with the front part of the cat bolt straight onto my stock EK1 flange?

cheers
Jordan

JDMCVC
11-06-2007, 10:08 PM
yes!:D

Jord
11-06-2007, 10:25 PM
thanks mate :) spose my life story wasnt real neccisary :p ahha