PDA

View Full Version : intake for dc2 type r

Elwood
11-06-2007, 07:59 PM
hey guys... just bought a 2001 dc2 type r with full 2 and a quarter inch exhaust including extractors.. im thinking about cold air intake now and then possibly cams but was just wondering if any of you guys have any recommendations for good cold air intake systems?

Q_ball
11-06-2007, 08:01 PM
S-e-a-r-c-h!

zco
11-06-2007, 08:18 PM
how bout some more useful posts quentin ? =P
JDMYard sells some intake systems. they can order some if u want aswell. PM EG5/Yonas or look in the traders section for JDMYard and they'll hook you up with a injen/AEM one.

fatboyz39
11-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Yes more useful post. Alot of intake around, Injen, AEM. We found plazmaman intake system quite good.

xtercii
11-06-2007, 11:20 PM
I find search button is not very useful most of the time, it always gives me 20 pages of irrelevant bullshit whenever I type in something or maybe I just don't know the trick to search...

Anyway like above mentioned, go for the one with good reputations and you should be safe.

.::F[L]Y::.
12-06-2007, 12:53 AM
dynodave/plazamaman intake is the way....

if your a ricer and want loud this one is hella loud as well as gives u some gains :)

m3ntAL_l2
12-06-2007, 02:54 AM
k&n ftw

Zilli
12-06-2007, 12:11 PM
ive heard that the DynoDave peice is really nice first hand from people who have owned it, i would consider this peice first. When i was looking for one he was too busy and difficult to contact, but definately try it mate

in the meantime i got an injen CAI from Yonas at JDM Yard, i can say how good the service and the product is. It was a perfect bolton peice, with consideration give to everything! sounds awesome, pulls nice up top, i recommend!

arron
13-06-2007, 11:38 AM
ive heard that the DynoDave peice is really nice first hand from people who have owned it, i would consider this peice first. When i was looking for one he was too busy and difficult to contact, but definately try it mate

I second that.. He is impossible to get in contact with.. I had waited for well over 2 months for him to get back to me after he said he'll come back from queensland.. i eventually lost my patience... hehe.. lol.. ive decided to go to plazmaman or go injen instead..

Benson
13-06-2007, 11:50 AM
He's workshop should be opening soon, so he will be very easy to get a hold of. Keep posted for the opening date and details.

dupac->
13-06-2007, 12:28 PM
plazmaman/dyno dave intake :thumbsup:

arron
14-06-2007, 12:31 AM
He's workshop should be opening soon, so he will be very easy to get a hold of. Keep posted for the opening date and details.

kewl, guess ill just wait it out.. until then.. DIY CAI FTL...

zco
14-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I second that.. He is impossible to get in contact with.. I had waited for well over 2 months for him to get back to me after he said he'll come back from queensland.. i eventually lost my patience... hehe.. lol.. ive decided to go to plazmaman or go injen instead..
dynodave designs the plazmaman intakes. plazmaman has the equipment and machinery to get it done so dave just sends them there. dont quote me on this, but i think dave is making them himself now :thumbsup:

votek
14-06-2007, 04:45 PM
has anyone got a pic of this intake?

jdm_kid
14-06-2007, 06:38 PM
has anyone got a pic of this intake?

http://www.plazmaman.com/cms/upload/100_3479.jpg

http://www.plazmaman.com/shop/index.php?action=item&itemId=144

simonnowis
14-06-2007, 08:52 PM
i think, k&n are really popular, but there isnt too much difference between brands. i dont know if its true, but i read somewhere that a magazine ranked 3a pod airfilters #1 for most airflow. they are pretty cheap to. k&n are pretty pricey.
i think you should get a custom cold air intake. just go down to your exhaust shop which does mandrel bending and uses stainless steel and get a custom cold air intake piping to the location which has most airflow. usually near where the oem airbox was. then just stick on a podfilter of your own that you bought. piping for the intake should be around $180 or sumthing.

jdm_kid
15-06-2007, 06:51 PM
^ if take it to a exhaust shop n get one made up, how do you know what size pipping it should be to gain maximum power? ur wasting ur time there mate. exhaust shops are only specialized in exhaust. wasting ur time imo. exhaust shops only know the basics, they prob make you but, there will be no gain in power. as .::F[L]Y::. said, dynodave/plazamaman intake is the way. they use the k&n as the air filter too.

simonnowis
16-06-2007, 04:21 PM
^ if take it to a exhaust shop n get one made up, how do you know what size pipping it should be to gain maximum power? ur wasting ur time there mate. exhaust shops are only specialized in exhaust. wasting ur time imo. exhaust shops only know the basics, they prob make you but, there will be no gain in power. as .::F[L]Y::. said, dynodave/plazamaman intake is the way. they use the k&n as the air filter too.

thats where you do the reasearch for the size piping mate. i dont have an integra so i dont know the size. and custom intake will nearly everycase have better airflow then the oem. the custom is pretty much an imitation of the aftermarket products at lower cost. how many of us actually have the dynodave/plazamaman intake. have you got one jdm kid????

ZeForce
16-06-2007, 04:40 PM
I wouldnt pay more than $100 for an intake..... Brands names like AEM and Injen are just a waste of money. Generic eBay intake is the way to go, same job for a 1/4 of the price :thumbsup:

simonnowis
16-06-2007, 05:43 PM
yeh i agree, spending hundreds on a branded intake system is wasting your money, they dont make a huge difference, only slightly. rather spend on other things.

TheSaint
16-06-2007, 07:23 PM
fujita or injen ftw

votek
10-07-2007, 09:55 PM
has anyone got a dyno graph of a stock ITR air box compared with Injen or fujita or dynodave? :P

thanks

SHIFTY
10-07-2007, 10:32 PM
ITB's FTW! its what im doing... im keeping stock intake untill i get itb's... the stock dc2r intake is good enough it was already designed as a cai....

votek
11-07-2007, 11:11 PM
graphs anyone