PDA

View Full Version : mini me

serpo
12-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Hey guys I have a D16A8 but I wana put a VTEC head on it whats the best fit for that engine, and will I have VTEC after ive done that im so confused

dasicvtec
12-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Hey Mate

First off, Unfortunately because you have a DOHC motor you wont be able to do a Mini-Me swap/conversion. It only works for SOHC D-Series engines due to the fact that only the SOHC D-Series engines came with VTEC.

Something along the lines of - D16Y4 Block with a D16Y8 Head.

If you do a quick search on the forums, you should be able to get some more information, as ive found some good information for this swap by a simple search.

Also note, Its not worth your while to put a single cam D series motor (with mini-me already done to it) into your crx as the gains will be negligible .

If you want VTEC badly, best to spend money on a B16A conversion OR try find a D16Y1/Y8 for <1000 if your on the cheap and do the conversion yourself.

Personally, I would stick with the D16A, strip the car of necessary components(save some weight) for now and save up for a B Series - but thats just me :P

Hope this helps :)

PS: Its ok to be confused lol - I still am :p. just research a bit more and you should be right.

serpo
12-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey Mate

First off, Unfortunately because you have a DOHC motor you wont be able to do a Mini-Me swap/conversion. It only works for SOHC D-Series engines.

Something along the lines of - D16Y4 Block with a D16Y8 Head.

If you do a quick search on the forums, you should be able to get some more information, as ive found some good information for this swap by a simple search.

Also note, Its not worth your while to put a single cam D series motor (we mini-me already done to it) into your crx as the gains will be negligle.

If you want VTEC badly, best to spend money on a B16A conversion OR try find a D16Y1/Y8 for <1000 if your on the cheap and do the conversion yourself.

Hope this helps :)

thanks for the info man, might just turbo car instead

dasicvtec
12-06-2007, 05:31 PM
lol Beat me to it, I was just about to say Turbo the sucker :P...

But really i think a turbo will be a good cost effective way to get power out of it. Especially if you could find the parts yourself and do any part of the install yourself, that would save money to.

Im not too sure on power outputs but id reckon with a turbo at 5psi you would get 100-110kw at the wheels ? That would give a EK B16A a good run for its money.

;)

serpo
12-06-2007, 05:39 PM
I give most cars a hard run man imagine if it was turbo lol my car only weights 700KGs