PDA

View Full Version : Type R flywheel into DA9/ Gearbox Problems

sikisdr69
12-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi Guys

Has anyone replaced there DA9 Flywheel with a type R one and come across any problems, if so how did you over come it,

I seem to have some problems installing my gearbox, there is a some play in the lever before the thrust washer touches the clutch plate, so it leaves a small distance for the leverage, I replaced my DA9 Flywheel with a Type R one, and it is obviously thinner than the DA9 one, now is this the issue or would it be something else, if so does it affect it or does it not.

sikisdr69
13-06-2007, 05:03 PM
No one out there, im really stuck with this its got project on hold

bennjamin
13-06-2007, 10:59 PM
the shift fork ( that depresses the thrust bearing) has alittle free play normally when you play with it by hand. It will work firmly once properly hooked up.
Did the DA9 clutch + pressure plate fit perfectly on the
ITR flywheel ? And it slid onto the mainshaft spline easy

sikisdr69
13-06-2007, 11:14 PM
yes it did, they all fit fine, but the play doesnt seem to be a little it is about two thirds of the whole leverage, or is that a little? my mechanic goes that it would be due to the thinner flywheel as the pressure plate would move in slighter, is there a way around this or would it be fine

bennjamin
13-06-2007, 11:18 PM
do you have your old flywheel on hand ? Measure the overall height (depth?) of the face to the mounting , compared to another ITR one if need be.
IF the gearbox is already on , how about just hookup the clutch cable and jump in the car and make sure it shifts/engages fine